Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Amon Ra gets paid
chop 10:11 AM 04-24-2024
4 years 120 mil 77 guaranteed.

He's good. Is he that good though?
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:23 PM 04-24-2024
That’s a lot of money, but if we’re figuring for NFL inflation, he’s probably going to be worth that contract. He’s a true WR1, and likely a perennial top-10 kind of WR. Plus he’s willing to do all the grunt work like run-block.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:40 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Maybe my back does feel better https://t.co/sKl2EsfqPI

— Mitchell Schwartz (@MitchSchwartz71) April 24, 2024

[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:42 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You guys are crazy if you think St. Brown isn't good enough to get paid.
This place is retarded when it comes to paying guys. They would have let Jones walked FFS
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:46 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
This place is reeruned when it comes to paying guys. They would have let Jones walked FFS
I was ecstatic about Jones second contract. His third contract…. Yea. I have doubts.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:18 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by tk13:
I actually like the deal, but I like the Lions skill position guys, they are loaded. He's only 24 and is coming off a 1500 yard season even though he missed a game. This might be a rare case where they're actually going to get his prime years here instead of just overpaying for past performance.
St Brown, Gibbs, Jameson Williams, Laporta lol

Yeah, they’re crazy electric.

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Every single time one of these WRs gets paid it makes me so happy, because I know Hollywood just added another few hours to his training regime whenever he sees a new deal come through.

That dude is going to spark off like a firecracker in this offense next year, he wants his bag and Mahomes is going to get it for him while winning us another Super Bowl, and we’re all going to masturbate and be jolly.
Eh, these inflated contracts at the top end trickle down for the midlevel guys we sign. The whole league feels it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:26 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by tk13:
I actually like the deal, but I like the Lions skill position guys, they are loaded. He's only 24 and is coming off a 1500 yard season even though he missed a game. This might be a rare case where they're actually going to get his prime years here instead of just overpaying for past performance.
Oh wow - he did.

That's the quietest 1,500 yard season ever. Geez.

I knew he was good but that's outstanding. I didn't realize he was THAT good. I would've told you he was around 1,200 yards last year and said "yeah - top 10 guy; probably deserves to get paid..."

But that's more like "Damn, top 5 guy, DEFINITELY needs a bag..."

He's just so under the radar.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 02:21 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I really, really, really have trouble believing any WR is worth 30m a year.

Especially when you have to have a really good QB throwing him the ball.

Now that we're in the 30m/year phase for WRs, I'd like to see how many of them actually advance to the Super Bowl.

I bet it's exactly zero.
Dwayne Bowe balled out with Matt Cassel throwing him the ball to the tune of 1,162 yards and 15 TDs and followed that season up with 1,159 yards and 5 TDs. Kind of blows your theory that a receiver has to have a REALLY GOOD QB throwing them the ball.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:28 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I was ecstatic about Jones second contract. His third contract…. Yea. I have doubts.
He gives us our best chance at making history. People think you can punch pennies because it worked with Hill. Two different positions letting Jones walk would have been extremely foolish
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:03 PM 04-24-2024
Think this helps the Chiefs. Want a bag? Come play with Pat for a year or two.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:13 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh wow - he did.

I knew he was good but that's outstanding. I didn't realize he was THAT good. I would've told you he was around 1,200 yards last year and said "yeah - top 10 guy; probably deserves to get paid..."

Yeah, it’s even more impressive considering that DET is a run-centric team. I only realized how well Brown was doing because I bet on LaPorta to catch at least 5 passes in some game late in the season and they mentioned that AMR Brown was already over 1,300 yards.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:39 PM 04-24-2024
Anubis is better
[Reply]
notorious 03:51 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Dwayne Bowe balled out with Matt Cassel throwing him the ball to the tune of 1,162 yards and 15 TDs and followed that season up with 1,159 yards and 5 TDs. Kind of blows your theory that a receiver has to have a REALLY GOOD QB throwing them the ball.
Tony G made a career out of catching passes from mediocre guys.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:01 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh wow - he did.

He was one of my better auction values in fantasy football, I'll tell you that.
[Reply]
Hamwallet 06:11 PM 04-24-2024
KC should never pay top $$$ for an offensive weapon in the Mahomes era. We are entering the territory of “Tiger vs The Field”. Good for those players getting paid, never will happen in KC for the next 10 years.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:47 PM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
He gives us our best chance at making history. People think you can punch pennies because it worked with Hill. Two different positions letting Jones walk would have been extremely foolish
Correct. It will always be a different situation for a player on offense because #15 is still under center. Jones currently is the #15 of the defense. It's why Veach prioritized signing Jones over Sneed despite paying more for an older player.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up