ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3066 of 3903
« First < 2066256629663016305630623063306430653066 30673068306930703076311631663566 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
htismaqe 05:16 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
During my down time I was reading on things to eat that might help fight or prevent Covid and one thing I came across that was interesting was coconut oil. There are studies coming out of the Philippines that are showing the lauric acid in the oil is helping to prevent getting or prevent progression of cases. There was one study that said they used it some of the jails to keep the spread down and they had great success with it.

Interesting stuff.....
Coconut oil is one of those special substances that is growing in popularity lately. It fell out of favor in the "fat is bad" era but people are rediscovering some of its better properties.

It has dozens of therapeutic uses.
[Reply]
sedated 05:30 PM 11-02-2020
Massachusetts is doing an "overnight" stay-at-home order, residents should stay home between 10pm to 5am. Restaurants open for dine-in but must close at 9:30pm. Am I the only one that doesn't see any point in that?
[Reply]
Donger 05:38 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by Katipan:
It's really not the currency that dick sucking is.
If you can't fry it, I don't eat it.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:39 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Massachusetts is doing an "overnight" stay-at-home order, residents should stay home between 10pm to 5am. Restaurants open for dine-in but must close at 9:30pm. Am I the only one that doesn't see any point in that?
Covid is most active between 10pm - 5am????
[Reply]
RedRaider56 05:58 PM 11-02-2020
Covid is most active between 10pm - 5am????
Only if you can't close the deal with the chick in the bar by 9:45 pm
[Reply]
TLO 08:25 PM 11-02-2020
During my down time I was reading on things to eat that might help fight or prevent Covid and one thing I came across that was interesting was coconut oil. There are studies coming out of the Philippines that are showing the lauric acid in the oil is helping to prevent getting or prevent progression of cases. There was one study that said they used it some of the jails to keep the spread down and they had great success with it.

Interesting stuff.....
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Coconut oil is one of those special substances that is growing in popularity lately. It fell out of favor in the "fat is bad" era but people are rediscovering some of its better properties.

It has dozens of therapeutic uses.
So you just eat it or?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:35 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
So you just eat it or?
I need to make sure I'm back on the correct topic here before I answer. Although, perhaps the answer is simply yes in either case.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:40 PM 11-02-2020
So you just eat it or?
I usually eat it straight, about a tablespoon or so. My Wife likes it in her coffee. I haven't had it in a while but after I read this we started again. We cook with it too
[Reply]
TLO 08:44 PM 11-02-2020
I usually eat it straight, about a tablespoon or so. My Wife likes it in her coffee. I haven't had it in a while but after I read this we started again. We cook with it too
Is it a prophylactic or treatment?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:49 PM 11-02-2020
Is it a prophylactic or treatment?

Both as I understand it. I have read articles that state it can prevent but also stop the progression of Covid by either reducing the time infected and\or preventing mild cases from becoming moderate or severe.

Lauric acid (C12) is a saturated fatty acid with a 12-carbon atom chain, comprising about 50 percent of coconut oil. Its derivative, monolaurin, is a metabolite produced by the human body in response to the ingestion of coconut oil. The paper published by ADMU explains the mechanisms of lauric acid and monolaurin as an antiviral agent through the following steps: (1) disintegration of the virus membrane, (2) inhibition of viral attempts to mature, and (3) prevention of viral proteins from binding to the host's cell membrane.
[Reply]
jdubya 08:50 PM 11-02-2020

Interesting stuff.....
That is interesting. Ive been consistently taking my zinc and Vitamin D......
[Reply]
petegz28 08:51 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
That is interesting. Ive been consistently taking my zinc and Vitamin D......
Once I got my results I upped the zinc (which I take everyday) and D3 as well as C.
[Reply]
TLO 08:55 PM 11-02-2020
Once I got my results I upped the zinc (which I take everyday) and D3 as well as C.
I've upped my d3 intake. I take a reasonable amount of zinc every day. Maybe I'll throw in some coconut oil? :-)
[Reply]
petegz28 08:58 PM 11-02-2020
I've upped my d3 intake. I take a reasonable amount of zinc every day. Maybe I'll throw in some coconut oil? :-)
Had I known then what I know now I would have been scarfing the coconut oil. I guess some more formal results will be out this month. The argument they make seems to make sense but I guess the whole riddle of it all is "how much do you need to be effective?". That's the trick but it can't hurt. Other foods as and FYI that I read about were of course everyone's favorite, broccoli then there was berries, ginger, pumpkin seeds, reishi mushrooms and garlic.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:58 AM 11-03-2020
Had I known then what I know now I would have been scarfing the coconut oil. I guess some more formal results will be out this month. The argument they make seems to make sense but I guess the whole riddle of it all is "how much do you need to be effective?". That's the trick but it can't hurt. Other foods as and FYI that I read about were of course everyone's favorite, broccoli then there was berries, ginger, pumpkin seeds, reishi mushrooms and garlic.
Isn’t coconut oil high in saturated fats “bad” fat and can raise your ldl.

And wouldn’t high cholesterol make you more at risk to covid?
[Reply]
Page 3066 of 3903
« First < 2066256629663016305630623063306430653066 30673068306930703076311631663566 > Last »
Up