ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2962 of 3903
« First < 1962246228622912295229582959296029612962 29632964296529662972301230623462 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 08:22 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
The doctor noted his lymph nodes were slightly swollen in his neck as well. Sinus infection/post nasal drip all kinda makes sense here. Amoxicillin just in case the culture comes back positive on the step test.

I appreciate the kind words, all.
Hopefully he gets better in the next day or two.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:25 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Good news!

Did they check him for a sinus infection? Highly contagious I'm told.
Sinus Infection Symptoms
Look for the following symptoms:

Originally Posted by :
Sinus pressure behind the eyes and the cheeks
A runny, stuffy nose that lasts more than a week
A worsening headache
A fever
Cough
Bad breath
Thick yellow or green mucus draining from your nose or down the back of your throat (postnasal drip)
Fatigue
Decreased sense of smell
https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/f...s-infections#1

You really should talk less...
[Reply]
petegz28 08:28 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
The doctor noted his lymph nodes were slightly swollen in his neck as well. Sinus infection/post nasal drip all kinda makes sense here. Amoxicillin just in case the culture comes back positive on the step test.

I appreciate the kind words, all.
Sounds very similar to when my Son had strep. The swollen lymphs are usually a tell but I am glad he doesn't have it. The flu season officially started 13 days ago so....on we go
[Reply]
lewdog 08:29 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Sinus Infection Symptoms

I was agreeing with you!

Geez!
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:31 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Sinus Infection Symptoms

I've had hundreds - probably thousands - of sinus infections. I've had 6 different nasal/sinus surgeries.

I've never had a cough. Plenty of sore throats though. It's call post-nasal drip. :-)
[Reply]
Strongside 08:31 PM 09-14-2020
My sister in law went on a flight to visit friends in Arizona a few days ago. Felt a little uncomfortable about how full her flight was so she decided to get tested when she got home. I gave her shit about it, telling her she had no symptoms and was being a worrier.

She was positive.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:38 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
My sister in law went on a flight to visit friends in Arizona a few days ago. Felt a little uncomfortable about how full her flight was so she decided to get tested when she got home. I gave her shit about it, telling her she had no symptoms and was being a worrier.

She was positive.
Everyone is positive these days. Tis the season.
[Reply]
TLO 08:40 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:

She was positive.
Wow. Still no symptoms I'm hoping?
[Reply]
Donger 08:11 AM 09-15-2020
(Kaiser Health News)The Food and Drug Administration is weighing whether to follow British regulators in resuming a coronavirus vaccine trial that was halted when a participant suffered spinal cord damage, even as the National Institutes of Health has launched an investigation of the case.

"The highest levels of NIH are very concerned," said Dr. Avindra Nath, intramural clinical director and a leader of viral research at the National Institute for Neurological Disorders and Stroke, an NIH division. "Everyone's hopes are on a vaccine, and if you have a major complication the whole thing could get derailed."

A great deal of uncertainty remains about what happened to the unnamed patient, to the frustration of those avidly following the progress of vaccine testing. AstraZeneca, which is running the global trial of the vaccine it produced with Oxford University, said the trial volunteer recovered from a severe inflammation of the spinal cord and is no longer hospitalized.

AstraZeneca has not confirmed that the patient was afflicted with transverse myelitis, but Nath and another neurologist said they understood this to be the case. Transverse myelitis produces a set of symptoms involving inflammation along the spinal cord that can cause pain, muscle weakness and paralysis. Britain's regulatory body, the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency, reviewed the case and has allowed the trial to resume in the United Kingdom.
[Reply]
O.city 09:41 AM 09-15-2020
In the "no shit, what did we expect to happen" category, Europe is having massive resurgences in cases after strict lockdowns.
[Reply]
Donger 09:44 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
In the "no shit, what did we expect to happen" category, Europe is having massive resurgences in cases after strict lockdowns.
Which countries?
[Reply]
O.city 09:46 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Which countries?
Spain, UK, France etc.

Germany and Italy are having issues in areas that weren't hit in the first wave as well.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:48 AM 09-15-2020
Spain, UK, France etc.

Germany and Italy are having issues in areas that weren't hit in the first wave as well.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ockdown-sweden
[Reply]
Donger 09:49 AM 09-15-2020
Spain, UK, France etc.

Yeah, I just looked up France and Spain. Summer holidays...
[Reply]
O.city 09:49 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ockdown-sweden
(Lets see if i can do this right)

AGENDA posting?
[Reply]
Page 2962 of 3903
« First < 1962246228622912295229582959296029612962 29632964296529662972301230623462 > Last »
Up