ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2916 of 3903
« First < 1916241628162866290629122913291429152916 29172918291929202926296630163416 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 09:20 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:

Now, if I have no symptoms and the person I work next to tests positive then I think I should go get a test, I agree.
I think that is what we are all saying except Marcellus would say don't get the test. I disagree.
[Reply]
Donger 09:21 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I think that is what we are all saying except Marcellus would say don't get the test. I disagree.
The CDC used to agree with that, too.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:22 AM 08-27-2020
I think at that point it's a matter of personal choice. I see his side of it and don't necessarily disagree.

Do you think there might possibly be a chance that as bad as Covid is that it isn't as bad as we think or are making it out to be? I mean there is a lot of room between worse than the flu and you're dead.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:23 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
The CDC used to agree with that, too.
And Fauci used to say don't wear a mask.....what's your point? NM. Back to iggy with you.
[Reply]
Donger 09:27 AM 08-27-2020
And Fauci used to say don't wear a mask.....what's your point? NM. Back to iggy with you.
Yes, he said that when we only had a few cases and community spread wasn't confirmed yet. That's what changed.

So, what prompted the change for the CDC?

Oh, and:

[Reply]
O.city 09:31 AM 08-27-2020
What you are posing is that everyone get tested everyday regardless of symptoms when you get down to it.

Now, if I have no symptoms and the person I work next to tests positive then I think I should go get a test, I agree.

But if I am not showing any symptoms and I may have possibly been exposed then yeah practically speaking it's a waste.
This is all about testing exposures. There's no need to test people who haven't been exposed.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:36 AM 08-27-2020
I think at that point it's a matter of personal choice. I see his side of it and don't necessarily disagree.

Do you think there might possibly be a chance that as bad as Covid is that it isn't as bad as we think or are making it out to be? I mean there is a lot of room between worse than the flu and you're dead.
In the scenario you laid out if you didn't get the test would you interact differently around people vs knowing you were positive or not? Would you quarantine?
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:43 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
This is all about testing exposures. There's no need to test people who haven't been exposed.
Mass testing and then contact tracing those positives to see if they caused a spread makes much more sense than just testing people who were possibly exposed and are asymptomatic.

Once a person is a potential exposure they get quarantined right, so odds are they aren't going to spread it to anyone regardless of being asymptomatic or not. The test means very little if you are trying to track asymptomatic spread. You can only figure that out if the people asymptomatic are actually not quarantined and walking around spreading it (potentially). You will only find those people via mass testing.

Does that make sense?
[Reply]
O.city 09:46 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Mass testing and then contact tracing those positives to see if they caused a spread makes much more sense than just testing people who were possibly exposed and are asymptomatic.

Once a person is a potential exposure they get quarantined right, so odds are they aren't going to spread it to anyone regardless of being asymptomatic or not. The test means very little if you are trying to track asymptomatic spread. You can only figure that out if the people asymptomatic are actually not quarantined and walking around spreading it (potentially). You will only find those people via mass testing.

Does that make sense?
If you don't test them and just assume they're positive and quarantine them, you can't sufficiently track anything. The test is the only way you would know.

The problem with what you're saying and doing it is the time of testing turnover etc. If you could test and know quickly, it woudln't be a problem.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:52 AM 08-27-2020
In the scenario you laid out if you didn't get the test would you interact differently around people vs knowing you were positive or not? Would you quarantine?
Depends on the exact situation. If someone in my building got it I probably wouldn't. If someone I work with closely and regularly did I would consider it moreso sure.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:56 AM 08-27-2020
If you don't test them and just assume they're positive and quarantine them, you can't sufficiently track anything. The test is the only way you would know.

The problem with what you're saying and doing it is the time of testing turnover etc. If you could test and know quickly, it woudln't be a problem.
You cant track anything anyway if they are quarantined. You started this conversation talking about being able to track asymptomatic spread did you not?

If asymptomatic people are spreading, we need to know who's positive even if not showing symptoms.

I'm skeptical they're really spreading it that much, but thats the idea behind mass testing. Gotta know where it's at.

[Reply]
O.city 10:01 AM 08-27-2020
You cant track anything anyway if they are quarantined. You started this conversation talking about being able to track asymptomatic spread did you not?
If you don't test, you're potentially quarantining people who don't need to be though.

If you automatically quarantine anyone who's had known contact for 14 days, you would likely end up doing it to alot where it's not necessary.

My issue with this stuff is I'm not sure how much truly asymptomatic people are spreading and the fact that the PCR test doesn't really tell you if your currently "infected".

I don't have a problem doing it your way, but I'm guessing as we've seen already, people won't voluntarily do it.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:02 AM 08-27-2020
Depends on the exact situation. If someone in my building got it I probably wouldn't. If someone I work with closely and regularly did I would consider it moreso sure.
I agree and if it was me I would want to know anyway. I don't understand who wouldn't want to know.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:04 AM 08-27-2020
Why wouldn't you be able to? You get in your car and go get a test while sitting in your vehicle.
[Reply]
stumppy 10:08 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yes, he said that when we only had a few cases and community spread wasn't confirmed yet. That's what changed.

So, what prompted the change for the CDC?

Oh, and:

:-)
[Reply]
Page 2916 of 3903
« First < 1916241628162866290629122913291429152916 29172918291929202926296630163416 > Last »
Up