ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2866 of 3903
« First < 1866236627662816285628622863286428652866 286728682869287028762916296633663866 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 01:45 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
The irony is I bet most if not all the CP experts claiming it doesn't work would be asking for the drug if they got sick.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Its still being used as a treatment all over the world, yet its settled science. Go figure.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:45 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Its its "just that simple" why are Doctors still using it to treat covid?
Cause they hate peoples

[Reply]
O.city 01:46 PM 08-17-2020
Okay so let's take sentence one: a lot of the best treatment came from early teatment...

Now let's go to sentence two: you don't know if they got better from the treatment of not.....

Now let me aKs you....do you want to forgo the treatment to find out the answer to sentence 2?
I don't understand why so many people are so hell bent on dismissing a drug that at worst helps a decent amount of people if used early. The drug is as safe as most any other prescription drug in existence and its cheap as hell.

Our HR manager has RI and has been on the drug for years with no issues.

Best toss it to the side because people about to die didn't recover most of the time.
Because you don't know if it works in those scenarios and there are downstream effects. Sorry Pete, thats why we do these studies you don't like, to find out true effects and differences.

The majority of people get over this with mild symptoms, no? If so, why would you want to give them something that could have QT elongation as a side effect if they were going to get better anyway?

Then you have Marcellus example where if you start treating everyone with it, you may have runs on it where the RI guy can't treat himself with it.
[Reply]
O.city 01:47 PM 08-17-2020
Its still being used as a treatment all over the world, yet its settled science. Go figure.
If this is indeed the case, why do you guys care what people are saying about it?
[Reply]
O.city 01:48 PM 08-17-2020
I don't have a dog in the fight. I don't know if it works or not. I know we set up these trials certain ways to find out and the ones who interpret them seem to find whatever they're saying they're find.

Like I said, it does have side effects so it's not necceasirly safe to starts saucing out left and right.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:49 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
If this is indeed the case, why do you guys care what people are saying about it?
Why do people post in this thread at all then?
[Reply]
petegz28 01:49 PM 08-17-2020
Here is the hypocrisy of that crowd....

1 healthy person out of 1,000's gets really sick, has lasting conditions or dies and that group says...SEE! THIS IS REAL! THIS NOT THE FLU!

The 1 person says HCQ worked and you get..."that's anecdotal! That doesn't count!"

[Reply]
stumppy 01:49 PM 08-17-2020
The irony is I bet most if not all the CP experts claiming it doesn't work would be asking for the drug if they got sick.

I don't know about the experts but you and marclueless can have any and all of my share of it.:-)
[Reply]
O.city 01:50 PM 08-17-2020
Why do people post in this thread at all then?
If DR's are still using it, why does any of this matter? Pt's are getting it and it works, so who cares no?
[Reply]
petegz28 01:51 PM 08-17-2020
Because you don't know if it works in those scenarios and there are downstream effects. Sorry Pete, thats why we do these studies you don't like, to find out true effects and differences.

The majority of people get over this with mild symptoms, no? If so, why would you want to give them something that could have QT elongation as a side effect if they were going to get better anyway?

Then you have Marcellus example where if you start treating everyone with it, you may have runs on it where the RI guy can't treat himself with it.
There are several documented cases of people being very sick that claim they got better once given HCQ. I guess that's just one giant coincidence

HCQ has been around for over 50 years and suddenly it will kill you?

[Reply]
O.city 01:53 PM 08-17-2020
There are several documented cases of people being very sick that claim they got better once given HCQ. I guess that's just one giant coincidence

HCQ has been around for over 50 years and suddenly it will kill you?

It could be a coincidence, thats why we run studies like we do. Statistically, over the large scale and setup correct, things bear themselves out.

Did I say in my post it will kill you?
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:54 PM 08-17-2020
I don't have a dog in the fight. I don't know if it works or not. I know we set up these trials certain ways to find out and the ones who interpret them seem to find whatever they're saying they're find.

Like I said, it does have side effects so it's not necceasirly safe to starts saucing out left and right.
Frankly I don't have a "dog in the fight" either other than I find it amazing people still dismiss it outright when all over the world its still being used as a treatment. That doesn't make sense with it being settled science.

Then the same people want to use these crazy outlier cases like the one random 22 year old healthy guy who got permanent heart damage from Covid as if that's a real statistical danger for anyone who gets Covid but want to outright ignore many many doctors who say HQC has worked for their patients.

:-)

i dunno seems a little hypcoritical.
[Reply]
O.city 01:57 PM 08-17-2020
As an aside, DR's aren't researchers or statisticians, so when it comes to this stuff, you've always gotta take everything as a whole.

I dont' know if they're using it around the world or have stopped. I'd guess, though, that if it were working as well as some think, we'd know about it by now.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:59 PM 08-17-2020
It could be a coincidence, thats why we run studies like we do. Statistically, over the large scale and setup correct, things bear themselves out.

Did I say in my post it will kill you?
If you didn't say it then pretend you did.....

[Reply]
petegz28 02:11 PM 08-17-2020
Don't have a tantrum, it's not a political article....

'It saved my life': Democratic councilman says hydroxychloroquine was key to recovering from COVID

https://justthenews.com/politics-pol...oquine-was-key
[Reply]
Page 2866 of 3903
« First < 1866236627662816285628622863286428652866 286728682869287028762916296633663866 > Last »
Up