ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Florio implies that the 49ers should cheap shot Mahomes
Mecca 02:37 PM 01-22-2020

At 7:40, he says 15 yards is worth it and basically says they should take cheap shots if he runs to send a message and knock him out of the game...wow wtf?
[Reply]
SAGA45 01:56 PM 01-23-2020
He advocated hitting Mahomes as he slides being worth the the penalty. Someone show him the Trent Green hit vs the Bengals. I dont think Green was ever the same after that either.

Link: https://youtu.be/iIrzOrPUfX4
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:20 PM 01-23-2020
We will see how NBC handles this situation with Florio. There is a petition now going around to have him fired. There are screen shots of people emailing Florio, PFT and NBC over his statement. I have my doubts that they will do anything about what he said.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 03:24 PM 01-23-2020
Hitting a QB starting into his slide is cowardly and will stain your career forever as a dirty player if they do that. Also, do you want to be the guy who is known forever in football history as the man who ended Patrick Mahomes' career on a dirty hit? I wouldn't, I'll give him a violent shove out of bounds, but if you're advocating putting shoulders, forearms, or helmets into Patrick then you're an asshole and I hope you get what's coming to you.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:00 PM 01-23-2020
This also comes at a time when I think players have become bold knowing they can get away with borderline cheap shots. The NFL almost never enforces targeting. And take a look at the jags and ravens game and you'll see a shitload of dirty shit on mahomes well after the whistle, most of which werent called. There is a difference between this happening sometimes and teams specifically coached to toe the line, sometimes blatantly. I don't think either the Chiefs or 49ers are coached that way. There is an obvious line between hitting hard and hitting illegally.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:05 PM 01-23-2020
Bring it on, Florio...

[Reply]
gblowfish 04:07 PM 01-23-2020
That's what basically happened to us in the 1993 AFC Championship vs. Buffalo. They knocked Joe Montana out. Game over.

I also believe the Raiders went out to get Burfict in 2019 with the expressed purpose of letting him hurt Kelce, Mahomes or both. Luckily we got past him the first game, and he was suspended for the year before the second game.
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:10 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
We will see how NBC handles this situation with Florio. There is a petition now going around to have him fired. There are screen shots of people emailing Florio, PFT and NBC over his statement. I have my doubts that they will do anything about what he said.
I was disappointed that Peter King sat there like a bump on a log and said NOTHING when Florio opened his yap. Peter King should have more scruples, and should have called Florio to the carpet for those asinine remarks.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 04:23 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
But if the defense had a shot at those guys what happened? They got tattooed.

Elway getting helicoptered comes to mind.

And back then, if you weren't one of those guys, you didn't run, unless it was straight to the sidelines.

This season we've seen several not-so-athletic QBs take off and defenders hesitate to crush them. Those are just the facts.
Always also wore a suit of armor.
[Reply]
SanDiego49er 04:41 PM 01-23-2020
Rest assured we will punch him in the mouth when he runs. We play physical SMASH MOUTH football in the NFC. Not finesse cute football like your AFC. If he runs prepare to get hit.....HARD. And it won't be a cheap shot. It will just be physical football. If he doesn't like that he can stay in the pocket.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 04:44 PM 01-23-2020
Originally Posted by SanDiego49er:
Rest assured we will punch him in the mouth when he runs. We play physical SMASH MOUTH football in the NFC. Not finesse cute football like your AFC. If he runs prepare to get hit.....HARD. And it won't be a cheap shot. It will just be physical football. If he doesn't like that he can stay in the pocket.
I didn't even know you were on the team.
[Reply]
ARROW2 04:45 PM 01-23-2020
Physical like the packers? We went 3-1 against the NFC, the lone loss without Mahomes. Da cubs...er bears were supposed to shut us down to with their "physical" defense....LOL
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:47 PM 01-23-2020
Please bring better material if you're going to troll.
[Reply]
wachashi 04:49 PM 01-23-2020

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 04:50 PM 01-23-2020
Lol. Titans and Ravens tried that. Worked out super well for them.

If he needs to run, he will. You wanna hit him, go ahead? You'll either get flagged or he'll get right back up and do it again. You want him to stay in the pocket? He'll kill you there too.

He's a tough guy who has been taking a physical pounding his whole football career because he always had to carry his teams on his back (prior to KC, although he has had to do that a few times here, as well). He's an animal and plays balls to the wall. He's not a twinkletoes like your guy, Jimmy Grapes. If Mathieu or Sorenson square up Grapes, he's done and going to the sidelines.

You better hope YOUR guy stays in the pocket, for his own good.
[Reply]
eDave 04:52 PM 01-23-2020
Once you feed a troll, they always come back for more.

STOP. RESPONDING. TO. THEM.

Fuck!
[Reply]
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up