ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2418 of 3903
« First < 1418191823182368240824142415241624172418 241924202421242224282468251829183418 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:45 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
WTF are you talking about? LA County voted to make masks a law well over a month ago. I didn't say the entire state.

READ!
Los Angeles County never "voted" for a mask requirement.

On May 14th, Eric Garcetti, the mayor of Los Angeles, ordered all Angelenos to wear masks in public. Those who violate the order are subject to a misdemeanor fine of $1,000 dollars.

On June 18, governor Gavin Newsom ordered all Californians to wear a mask in public.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:47 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

On May 14th, Eric Garcetti, the mayor of Los Angeles, ordered all Angelenos to wear masks in public. Those who violate the order are subject to a misdemeanor fine of $1,000 dollars.

On June 18, governor Gavin Newsom ordered all Californians to wear a mask in public.
Fair enough. I should not have said "voted". My bad.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:28 PM 06-25-2020
My 21 year old Son tested positive tonight. The rest of us will now go into Quarantine mode. These youngsters think they are bullet proof, and that’s just not the case. I’m pretty pissed at him right now, and I have spent the better part of the last 3 hours getting in contact with everyone I have been in contact with this week, and letting them know what’s going on. Ugh.....
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:29 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
My 21 year old Son tested positive tonight. The rest of us will now go into Quarantine mode. These youngsters think they are bullet proof, and that’s just not the case. I’m pretty pissed at him right now, and I have spent the better part of the last 3 hours getting in contact with everyone I have been in contact with this week, and letting them know what’s going on. Ugh.....
Does he live with you?
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:33 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Does he live with you?
Yes. He’ll be a Sr in College this Fall. He goes to K-State and was in Manhattan this weekend with A bunch of friends. 2 of his friends tested positive yesterday, and my Son went in today for his test. I’ll be shocked if my other Son (19) and my Wife and I escape the plague.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:33 PM 06-25-2020
I understand you being upset but yeah, that whole thing sucks. Hope all turns out well. Keep us posted. BTW, was he even showing any symptoms or what made him get tested? If you don't mind me asking.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:34 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I understand you being upset but yeah, that whole thing sucks. Hope all turns out well. Keep us posted. BTW, was he even showing any symptoms or what made him get tested? If you don't mind me asking.
He was asymptomatic. He only got tested because two of the kids he was hanging out with tested positive.
[Reply]
jdubya 09:37 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Side note: Hows that POS Garcetti doing with the lawsuit he is facing for shutting down gun stores during the SIP declaring them non essential? Garcetti can kiss my ass that fucking piece of shit
[Reply]
lewdog 09:40 PM 06-25-2020
He was asymptomatic. He only got tested because two of the kids he was hanging out with tested positive.
We had quite a few positives and asymptomatics at our work and almost none of us had family members get it. Hope that's the case for you too.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:42 PM 06-25-2020
Well I guess that's good all things considered. Stay safe....
[Reply]
jdubya 09:42 PM 06-25-2020
If he is living with you... you cant get that pissed off at him since apparently you let him out and about right? I have a 20 YO at home and I gave him the green light to go back to work and also see his friends but he is the one refusing to do so and playing it safe. Good for him but I was willing to accept the risk and consequences of his going out if I gave him permission.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:46 PM 06-25-2020
Yes. He’ll be a Sr in College this Fall. He goes to K-State and was in Manhattan this weekend with A bunch of friends. 2 of his friends tested positive yesterday, and my Son went in today for his test. I’ll be shocked if my other Son (19) and my Wife and I escape the plague.
Well damn. Young people spreading it around certainly has been a concern. Pretty much impossible to keep tabs on what they're doing. And they don't listen very well. Or so I've heard anyway, I wasn't like that at all. :-)

Anyway...keep us posted and here's hoping you dodge the bullet this time around.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:48 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
If he is living with you... you cant get that pissed off at him since apparently you let him out and about right? I have a 20 YO at home and I gave him the green light to go back to work and also see his friends but he is the one refusing to do so and playing it safe. Good for him but I was willing to accept the risk and consequences of his going out if I gave him permission.
Oh, you are absolutely right that I bear some of the responsibility for not laying the law down. - which I could have easily done. It’s just me being pissed in the moment. It’s still pretty raw for me, but I’ll get over it soon enough.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:51 PM 06-25-2020
Damn kids are the ones spreading this virus around...

Anyway, you should be alright man as long as you all are relatively healthy. As you probably know if you have read one of petez 1,000,000 posts in this thread the death rate on this virus is very low.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:01 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Damn kids are the ones spreading this virus around...

Anyway, you should be alright man as long as you all are relatively healthy. As you probably know if you have read one of petez 1,000,000 posts in this thread the death rate on this virus is very low.
I’m an old codger, so I’m probably dead if I get it :-)

Nah, I’m in damn good shape for my age, 53. I don’t take any meds, I don’t smoke and I drink plenty of booze - which is a natural vaccine for COVID, right?:-)
[Reply]
Page 2418 of 3903
« First < 1418191823182368240824142415241624172418 241924202421242224282468251829183418 > Last »
Up