ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 72
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2019 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:48 AM 08-31-2019
The 2019 season brings uncertainty, as the protracted appeal over a ridiculous "scandal" with a single actor still has not been resolved. On the field, Mizzou faces what appears to be a much easier schedule than in years' past. The early season is loaded with home games before a protracted road stretch from mid-October through November.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball sees a lot of variance. I could see this team winning as few as 7 and as many as 10 games. Georgia is the only certain loss. Florida is likely still overrated by name, but time will tell.

Official prediction: 9-3. Recruiting prediction: slightly disappointing

FIRE ODOM. NOW
[Reply]
Old Dog 10:46 AM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by kepp:
I heard on the radio this morning that part of the NCAA punishment was that Mizzou could not receive any SEC bowl payouts. Not sure if this is what you were referring to, but the punishment struck me as harsh and, honestly, over-reaching. How can you tell a conference that they can't honor a payout that they are contractually tied into?
The article on CBS sports says it's an SEC rule
[Reply]
Jerm 11:00 AM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by Old Dog:
#ItJustMeansMore
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:51 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by Old Dog:
Yep.

They will get half of the money they are going to lose back over time.

In other news, part of the Razorbacks are diseased and maybe they'll spread it to Barry Odom
[Reply]
bowener 03:52 PM 11-27-2019
Realistically, who could Mizzou convince to come coach here AND they have legitimate potential to be good at it?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:05 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
Realistically, who could Mizzou convince to come coach here AND they have legitimate potential to be good at it?

I’ve heard Harsin, Norvell, Matt Campbell, and Billy Napier are high on the list.

Now... whether they can buy out Odom and find the money to bring one of those guys in and get him to say Yes...
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:17 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I’ve heard Harsin, Norvell, Matt Campbell, and Billy Napier are high on the list.

Now... whether they can buy out Odom and find the money to bring one of those guys in and get him to say Yes...
I would be very, very pleased if they landed any of those guys.

I was big on Matt Campbell when we did this shit when Pinkel retired and goddamnit would we be so much better off if we landed him over Odom. Would have been super fucking easy to beat out Iowa State.

One of those moves would probably move the needle enough for me to financially contribute to the program in some fashion again.
[Reply]
Jerm 06:24 PM 11-27-2019
Matt Campbell will probably be in the NFL next season....
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:30 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Matt Campbell will probably be in the NFL next season....
Probably not, but he should be at a much better place than Iowa State.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:22 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Probably not, but he should be at a much better place than Iowa State.
I mean multiple teams were after him last season, wouldn't surprise me to see the Browns hire him.

Wonder if USC makes a run at him?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:45 PM 11-28-2019
Campbell was 2nd on our list had Frost turned down the job.

The coach I would go for if I could hire anyone and of course it would be impossible to get him is Kyle Whittinghan
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:51 PM 11-28-2019
Did anyone else watch the ending of the Egg Bowl?

Literally the dumbest penalty I've ever seen in my life cost Ole Miss the game.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:16 PM 11-28-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Did anyone else watch the ending of the Egg Bowl?

Literally the dumbest penalty I've ever seen in my life cost Ole Miss the game.

So pleased at the outcome of that game. Idiotic unsportsmanlike conduct by the Ole Miss player (pretending to piss on Mississippi State’s endzone on the world-be tying touchdown) & they miss the PAT because of the penalty. Karma.

— Guy Benson (@guypbenson) November 29, 2019

Class.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:06 AM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:

Class.
Not sure that Guy Benson has ever been classy. It doesn’t make him not classy though to complain about a peeing dog gesture it just makes him seem like one of those “get off my lawn” old men that doesn’t understand the humor in it because of the mascots. Either way it should have never been a flag. It’s a subtle touchdown celebration. I’d love to see how old the referee was that threw the flag. :-)
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:14 AM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Not sure that Guy Benson has ever been classy. It doesn’t make him not classy though to complain about a peeing dog gesture it just makes him seem like one of those “get off my lawn” old men that doesn’t understand the humor in it because of the mascots. Either way it should have never been a flag. It’s a subtle touchdown celebration. I’d love to see how old the referee was that threw the flag. :-)
Well, I’m 42 and I absolutely think it should’ve been a penalty. Fake peeing in the end zone? The idiocy is worth the penalty alone. I’m not sure if it cost them the game because I think they go for 2 there, but it sure cost them that opportunity.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:14 AM 11-29-2019
Do I have to watch this? I'm having a super day so far...
[Reply]
Page 42 of 72
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Up