ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 157 of 256
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167207 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:55 PM 02-25-2022
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Just curious, I have been a PC gamer for a VERY long time. I do NOT understand the love for RPG's. So MUCH ****ing time and devotion for a seemingly endless conclusion if there is even one at all. See Everquest. That is just way too much devotion for me.
Some are better than others. I definitely burned out on some that felt like too much work.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:21 PM 02-26-2022
Deep Rock Galactic 50% off on steam right now
[Reply]
Sofa King 05:53 PM 02-26-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Deep Rock Galactic 50% off on steam right now
I tried it (a very small amount) and didn't get into it. Seemed like I was just going to do a shitton of mining and maybe kill some enemies along the way.
[Reply]
SuperChief 08:19 PM 02-26-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
You know, I wish games would have an old farts mode. You could do it as a six month or one year delay or something, fine, so the whippersnappers can still gloat about finishing a real game while it matters.

But there's got to be a lot of guys who are retired who have time (no kids at home) and money and would still like to play FPS and RPG.

But not online against anyone else and the difficulty needs to have knobs to reduce it to a level appropriate for someone who needs reading glasses and doesn't climb stairs very quickly anymore.

Edit: And I may have time but I'm not interested in having to grind the shit out of everything. Been there, done that.
Seems like there was enough noise about this very thing to make the developer for SIFU add an easy mode (and a harder mode, for some reason). Granted, that's an indie developer and not From, but there's at least precedence.
[Reply]
SuperChief 08:20 PM 02-26-2022
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
I tried it (a very small amount) and didn't get into it. Seemed like I was just going to do a shitton of mining and maybe kill some enemies along the way.
It's ideally played with friends. Can get really tough when there are swarms.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:48 AM 02-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
You know, I wish games would have an old farts mode. You could do it as a six month or one year delay or something, fine, so the whippersnappers can still gloat about finishing a real game while it matters.
That's the way my Ark server is. There's only 4 of us and we all have jobs and kids and whatnot. I've got taming, egg hatching, dino raising, mining, etc. either turned way down or modded so most of the grind is gone. We might only get 2 hours on a week night to play so we don't want to spend an hour mining for stone or wood.

We decide if it's a taming day, boss fight day, or cave exploration day before logging on. Building is done by yourself whenever you have an hour or two to kill. It's a ton of fun.

In a perfect world we'd have 2 or 3 more people on but with INI files and mods you can turn a grindy life sucker into an exciting and action packed couple of hours these days. It's a good mix of small party MMO and single player at the same time. IMO if you like games like Ark, Valheim, Rust, etc it's the only way to play if yer' over 25...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:54 AM 02-27-2022
For all you Elden Ring dingers there's a broken ass XP farm you can do right at the start of the game. Like, it's going to be patched soon broken.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:35 PM 02-27-2022
Whoever designed the bosses for this game is a bit of a cunt, not gonna lie. They put concepts in the earlier bosses that made some of the optional late game bosses in prior games nightmares to fight. First real story boss in particular has a ton of different unpredictable combo chains and hesitations with small windows to punish. Have a feeling a lot of folks will just put this one down, especially given a much larger audience bought it this time around thanks to Martin.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:39 PM 02-27-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
That's the way my Ark server is. There's only 4 of us and we all have jobs and kids and whatnot. I've got taming, egg hatching, dino raising, mining, etc. either turned way down or modded so most of the grind is gone. We might only get 2 hours on a week night to play so we don't want to spend an hour mining for stone or wood.

We decide if it's a taming day, boss fight day, or cave exploration day before logging on. Building is done by yourself whenever you have an hour or two to kill. It's a ton of fun.

In a perfect world we'd have 2 or 3 more people on but with INI files and mods you can turn a grindy life sucker into an exciting and action packed couple of hours these days. It's a good mix of small party MMO and single player at the same time. IMO if you like games like Ark, Valheim, Rust, etc it's the only way to play if yer' over 25...
These are the best type of games because you can mod it to your liking and run your own server with your own rules. It's not the most popular with big corps because they can't make money off of mods but it's the direction I hope we head more towards. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 05:09 PM 02-27-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Whoever designed the bosses for this game is a bit of a cunt, not gonna lie. They put concepts in the earlier bosses that made some of the optional late game bosses in prior games nightmares to fight. First real story boss in particular has a ton of different unpredictable combo chains and hesitations with small windows to punish. Have a feeling a lot of folks will just put this one down, especially given a much larger audience bought it this time around thanks to Martin.
Martin's involvement isn't exactly something I see as a great selling point. My first thought was "gee, I wonder if it has an ending?"
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:21 PM 02-27-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Martin's involvement isn't exactly something I see as a great selling point. My first thought was "gee, I wonder if it has an ending?"
Well, it's already totaled over 6x the amount of concurrent players compared to the next best thing from FromSoft. About 700k this weekend compared to 120k at DS3s peak. Hell of a lot more people playing this one than any other game in their history.
[Reply]
kcpasco 07:50 PM 02-27-2022
You need to level up your weapons and abilities first before attempting Margit. I got my spirit wolves to level 3 and pretty much owned his ass. Hardcore souls fans would probably groan that but I don’t care. Dying to a boss 100 times isn’t fun.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:53 PM 02-27-2022
Margit ain't got shit on Crucible Knight. Fucking Christ that boss whipped my ass for hours.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:27 AM 02-28-2022
I'm so addicted to AC Odyssey. I'm like halfway through the game, maybe a little less, and there's still so much to do.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:25 PM 02-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm so addicted to AC Odyssey. I'm like halfway through the game, maybe a little less, and there's still so much to do.
:-) Told you. Are you still playing the same style?
[Reply]
Page 157 of 256
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167207 > Last »
Up