ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we still need a slot WR?
UChieffyBugger 04:32 PM 03-20-2018
Now Wilson has left I'm wondering who will play In the slot? I've heard some guys say "Conley can play there" but from what I understand the guy has not really played on the inside either for the Chiefs or In college? When Wilson didn't play last season the slot position looked quite poor tbh, So I'm thinking Veach will be looking to bring one In. There are some decent prospects In the draft like Keke Coutee, Daesean Hamilton and Anthony Miller to name a few.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:57 PM 03-20-2018
I’d definitely take Coutee if available later.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:21 PM 03-20-2018
If Anthony Miller falls to us in the second round it is going to be really really hard to pass on him.

He could be an amazing slot receiver and had 18 freaking touchdowns at Memphis last year.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:22 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Reek...Kelce....Watkins. Depends on the package i'd assume.
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Hill can play everywhere like Brown did early in his career. Conley and Watkins on the outside while Hill creates mismatches.
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Didn't Coutee play with Mahomes at Texas Tech?
The first two gents sum it up, we now have great versatility in the receiver corp... Reek can line up in the slot anytime we need him to, with Conley and Watkins outside

And if Veach uses a low rounder, or even goes UDFA for a guy like Coutee... even better... telling you what now, this young guy Veach is aggressive and he has a definite plan in mind
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:25 PM 03-20-2018
We have Hill and DAT as b/u.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:29 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
We have Hill and DAT as b/u.
Its true, the need for a slot guy seems mighty slim right now... but if Veach wanted a dedicated slot, I wouldnt complain about a 6th on Coutee given his familiarity with St Pat
[Reply]
JakeF 06:30 PM 03-20-2018
I guess i'm the only one who really doesn't want Hill on inside unless he's in motion. Keep Hill on the outside and use the bigger guys inside where they can block or go out.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:48 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by JakeF:
I guess i'm the only one who really doesn't want Hill on inside unless he's in motion. Keep Hill on the outside and use the bigger guys inside where they can block or go out.
I agree, having Reek on the inside undermines how dangerous this offense can really be imo because him and Sam on the outside will create major issues for the opposition because they will have to use their safeties to cover them and covering both will be very difficult.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:52 PM 03-20-2018
Chesson played some of his best football at Michigan from the slot or running slot-style routes. He's very quick (6.70 3-cone) and very hard to cover on quick outs/ins, shallow crosses, slants, hitches, etc. I wouldn't rule him out.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:04 PM 03-20-2018
I'm good with the WR depth. Hill, Watkins, Conley, Robinson, Chesson is pretty good.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:13 PM 03-20-2018
As time goes on, I expect to see the packages in which multiple WR's increase. But for now, I think we're okay.
[Reply]
tmax63 08:55 AM 03-21-2018
Any of the above. AR can play with formations to put the defenses in just about any mismatch he sees. Or get the matchup that he wants to exploit.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:00 AM 03-21-2018
I have extra confidence in DAT with Patrick slinging his balls all over the field.
[Reply]
JakeF 09:20 AM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by tmax63:
Any of the above. AR can play with formations to put the defenses in just about any mismatch he sees. Or get the matchup that he wants to exploit.
Please don't encourage Andy Reid to play too much. He would be better off just running standard offensive plays and stop being so damn cute all the time.
[Reply]
farmerchief 09:38 AM 03-21-2018
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I have extra confidence in DAT with Patrick slinging his balls all over the field.
Im always scared he's going to break when someone hits him!?:-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:40 AM 03-21-2018
Coutee would be nice if he makes it to the 4th.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up