Page 159 of 4798
« First < 59109149155156157158159 1601611621631692092596591159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 10:36 PM 10-21-2015
Originally Posted by New World Order:
If they have more carries like Davis they are 2k rushers.

I mean for god's sake Tatum Bell looked like a pro bowl caliber rb in that system. TATUM ****ING BELL.

Oh, and they didn't have John ****ing elway btw.
Do those 397 carries in 1998 include the playoff games too?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:14 PM 10-21-2015
The gimp was a product of that system any slap dick could run in.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:16 PM 10-21-2015
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Do those 397 carries in 1998 include the playoff games too?

Nope
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:06 AM 10-22-2015
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
The gimp was a product of that system any slap dick could run in.
Again, we're running that system right now and we can't run the ball at all.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 06:03 AM 10-22-2015
Andy Reid could benefit from having an analytics guy who can tell him the optimal way to manage certain situations...

Originally Posted by :
Gary Kubiak, Broncos coach, finds 'comfort' with football analytics

Denver Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak is in the minority. While an old-school coach in some ways (he still appreciates paper playbooks), he's unafraid of new technologies.

So hearing him say he finds comfort in having Mitch Tanney, the team's director of football analytics, stationed in the coaches' booth during games should come as no surprise.

"When you're calling plays and involved in the game and yet you're involved in the time, all of a sudden, you've got somebody up there who is totally involved in that," Kubiak told local media last Friday. "I just listen to him, 'Hey, Mitch, talk to me here. What do you think?' He's in my ear the whole time. It's a very comforting thing."

In fact, Kubiak and the Broncos have relied on advanced technologies, perhaps, more than most NFL teams.

The Broncos were among the first NFL teams to use PlayerLync's digital playbook technology, and they still use it in conjunction with their paper notebooks.

And in practice, many players are seen wearing Catapult devices on the back of their jerseys. The devices have GPS tracking and three inertial censors to collect data on players' movements and exertion in real time to help prevent injuries and overuse.

In recent years, more and more NFL teams have turned to advanced statistics and technologies to improve the performance and health of their players. But not all coaches see their value.

"Sometimes they view technology as threatening the way they coach," said Brian Kopp, Catapult's president of North America. "It's like anything new, especially anything with data or technology that may cause a disruption to their workflow, there's a hesitancy."

On Fridays, following practice and media availability, Kubiak meets with Tanney to review the ways teams' handled certain situations and how, in looking at the statistics, they would have handled them. Kubiak stays aware, and open.

"I think it's a new addition that's very much warranted," Kubiak said of Tanney. "I'm glad to have him."
http://www.denverpost.com/knowthis/c...ball-analytics
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 06:08 AM 10-22-2015
Originally Posted by :
"It really started with DStew, adding him to the puzzle and seeing the physical mentality that he's bringing out there on the field," Harris said. "If somebody is breaking through the hole, he's smacking them. Or T.J. is smacking them. We have been in games where (opponents' receivers) are like, 'I am down. I am down.' They are screaming it because they know that they are about to get hit."
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ake-marks-foes

:-)
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 06:14 AM 10-22-2015
I have noticed receivers going down when they see our safeties coming. Kelce did it earlier in the year, he caught a ball in the middle of the field and TJ Ward was coming to fuck his world up and Kelce basically slid down before TJ could get there.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:58 AM 10-22-2015
Plenty of receivers do that all the time, especially Denver's..
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:28 AM 10-22-2015
Sucking off some turd called D Stew :-) You are a fucking clown slowmo
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:30 AM 10-22-2015
Why is Denver so bad at offense if they are using these super duper top secret technologies? They've been taken to the wire by Baltimore KC Cleveland Minny Detroit and the Faid. ALL awful teams this year. IMPRESSIVE!
[Reply]
RunKC 08:37 AM 10-22-2015
Denver vs NE will be an interesting game. NE will still rape that defense.

Brady went off on Seattle's defense, so I have no doubt they can put up 30.
Hell Denver's D gave up 24 to us and 23 to a Mc Cown led Browns team.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:38 AM 10-22-2015
They are an awful team if they didn't fall ass over teet into Wade
[Reply]
manchambo 08:44 AM 10-22-2015
You read the most amazing things here. Phillips is the best coach ever, huh?
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:47 AM 10-22-2015
You guys could've hired Wade the past two years. Wade is on twitter and said that nobody offered him a DC job in 2014, probably because of his age.

Disappointed not even an interview after 7 straight full seasons of top 10 D with 3 different teams. Last 5 times as D C= playoffs1st yr

— Wade Phillips (@sonofbum) January 15, 2014

Thanks for the support I have had on Twitter Next yr someone will need a better defense

— Wade Phillips (@sonofbum) January 25, 2014

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:49 AM 10-22-2015
As a defensive coordinator absolutely. Joke of a head guy...like Kubiak
[Reply]
Page 159 of 4798
« First < 59109149155156157158159 1601611621631692092596591159 > Last »
Up