ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 225 of 791
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235275325725 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Dunerdr 04:13 PM 03-10-2019
Does Houston leaving mean ford stays?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:14 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
you're basically turning Ford into a 2nd round pick and a big name free agent
I mean if they can’t get the trade done. Obviously that’s the best case.

But if no one will trade for him, then I think it makes more sense to not rescind the tag, but keep him.

Then let him walk next year when he will net you a comp pick.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:16 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Sacks apparently mean shit. Ford had 14 but the rest of his is just that bad. Nobody is giving us what we want. Veach may just have to remove the tag and be done.
Sacks don't 'mean shit'; they're essentially turnover-light. They effectively torpedo a drive.

And pressures mean a ton in their own right, Ford was among the lead leaders in those.

Oh, and while we're talking about ending drives, he forced 7 fumbles.

Ford's a !@#$ing good football player and if we trade him for less than a top 50 pick we'll be getting our asses kicked. If we trade him for less than a 1st we're barely breaking even.

The odds of us getting a player who provides a bigger impact to this team in 2019 with that draft pick are nominal. And while his 1-year outlay is higher than many would like, it's just one year and doesn't create long-term liabilities that can interfere with the ability to maintain this core.

Ford is a ballplayer and we shouldn't just hand-waive what he can do for us. He's developed exactly as you'd want to see a raw young pass-rusher develop and now he's the kind of person that influences defensive gameplans and entire ballgames.
[Reply]
O.city 04:17 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sacks don't 'mean shit'; they're essentially turnover-light. They effectively torpedo a drive.

And pressures mean a ton in their own right, Ford was among the lead leaders in those.

Ford's a !@#$ing good football player and if we trade him for less than a top 50 pick we'll be getting our asses kicked. If we trade him for less than a 1st we're barely breaking even.

The odds of us getting a player who provides a bigger impact to this team in 2019 with that draft pick are nominal. And while his 1-year outlay is higher than many would like, it's just one year and doesn't create long-term liabilities that can interfere with the ability to maintain this core.

Ford is a ballplayer and we shouldn't just hand-waive what he can do for us. He's developed exactly as you'd want to see a raw young pass-rusher develop and now he's the kind of person that influences defensive gameplans and entire ballgames.
But but he’s not elite vs the run
[Reply]
staylor26 04:17 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Exactly. This rescind the tag and let him walk for a comp pick we won’t even get talk is ridiculous.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:21 PM 03-10-2019
I’m completely fine with keeping Ford. That said, if you are offered a top 40ish pick, it is worth considering. But ONLY if you have a strong plan in place to replace the pressure that he helps to generate.

History tells us that Spags will probably use more 5 man pressures and disguised 4 man rushes to get after the QB, while relying less on just having dudes who will kick ass across the board.

If I knew we could sign up for a full 2019 season from Ford right now, I think I’d keep him unless the trade was for a top 25 pick. But that’s not promised, so there is large inherent risk with either outcome.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:22 PM 03-10-2019
Keeping Ford in a system the Chiefs don't feel he fits well into can torpedo his value and really eliminate the talk of a comp pick return.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:24 PM 03-10-2019
The Rapoport video sounds like the Packers are already negotiating a deal, which should indicate that this should get done IMO.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:26 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Keeping Ford in a system the Chiefs don't feel he fits well into can torpedo his value and really eliminate the talk of a comp pick return.
Spagnuolo not knowing what to do with an elite passrusher? Not likely.
[Reply]
mcaj22 04:26 PM 03-10-2019
This is true, if he under performs in Spags system and it kills his value for whatever he could get as a FA in 2020.

This is probably his peak value. He could basically be a Vic Beasley. 14 sacks one year 5 sacks the next. Just completely disappear cause of scheme, injury, whatever variables.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:26 PM 03-10-2019
Keeping Dee is a waste of 15 mil. We pit him on block so get him otta here. Pretty obvious they don't want to pay him a new deal nor 15 mil on the tag. He's not that great anyway.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 04:29 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The Rapoport video sounds like the Packers are already negotiating a deal, which should indicate that this should get done IMO.
Ian has been schooled by Schefter thus far this offseason and he jumped the gun on AB/Buffalo.

I’m not reading anything into his speculations. He leaked about KC trying to trade Houston and there was “interest”, now he’s pulled the same shit with Ford.

I feel Veach/KC are a bit desperate to inflate the value of their players. Stupid that the ask of a 2nd round pick for Ford has been floated, by Rapoport oddly enough. Teams now view that ask as a “ceiling”’to negotiations. You never win doing that.....
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:33 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Spagnuolo not knowing what to do with an elite passrusher? Not likely.
Ford not being a fit for what Spagnuolo wants to do has nothing to do with his capabilities. What in the fuck are you blithering about?
[Reply]
Buckweath 04:35 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’m completely fine with keeping Ford. That said, if you are offered a top 40ish pick, it is worth considering. But ONLY if you have a strong plan in place to replace the pressure that he helps to generate.

History tells us that Spags will probably use more 5 man pressures and disguised 4 man rushes to get after the QB, while relying less on just having dudes who will kick ass across the board.

If I knew we could sign up for a full 2019 season from Ford right now, I think I’d keep him unless the trade was for a top 25 pick. But that’s not promised, so there is large inherent risk with either outcome.
Makes sense. I agree with you.

Dee Ford was great btw last year.

Obviously a low 1st round pick (unlikely) or a high 2nd round pick makes sense but I wont be disappointed at all if Ford plays for this team next year.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:35 PM 03-10-2019
Ford not being a fit for what Spagnuolo wants to do has nothing to do with his capabilities. What in the **** are you blithering about?
I'm saying Spagnuolo can find a way to utilize Dee Ford, you ****ing dumbass. He runs 4 DE sets to generate maximum pass rush routinely, and you think he'll just be sitting there throwing his hands up in the air wondering how he can use Dee Ford when he might not be a prototypical LEO? :-)
[Reply]
Page 225 of 791
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235275325725 > Last »
Up