ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
In Memoriam>We lost a poster and a friend yesterday [Crazyhorse]
BigRedChief 06:32 PM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Not at all saying it shouldn't, but I actually have a theory that sticky threads get overlooked more than normal threads. That's part of why I've always hated them.
:-) I always check out the sticky threads. Maybe I'm a minority?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:53 PM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I hate to take away from this thread but I agree with D.
[Reply]
milkman 06:54 PM 08-12-2012
Not at all saying it shouldn't, but I actually have a theory that sticky threads get overlooked more than normal threads. That's part of why I've always hated them.
Like DaFace, I tend to believe they get overlooked.

I know they are almost always an afterthtought for me.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 06:24 PM 08-12-2012
God be with his family. I bought Chiefs tickets from him about 9 years ago. Good dude.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 06:32 PM 08-12-2012
Nice gesture by the mod who changed the name of the lounge to CrazyHorse lounge.

RIP
[Reply]
Frankie 06:53 PM 08-12-2012
CH was awaiting a new lunge, wasn't he?

(I have not read the whole thread. Just found out.) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 06:57 PM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by Frankie:
CH was awaiting a new lunge, wasn't he?

(I have not read the whole thread. Just found out.) :-) :-) :-)
Pretty sure the lung transplant happened a while back. My guess is things didn't work out as well as hoped. (But I could be wrong.)
[Reply]
Frankie 07:01 PM 08-12-2012
Pretty sure the lung transplant happened a while back. My guess is things didn't work out as well as hoped. (But I could be wrong.)
Dr. Fever correctly pointed out to me that this is in the OP. In my haste and after posting an earlier inquiring thread I tuned in and just read the first part of the OP. Thanks Dr. Fever. It IS a little embarrassing but I am in a bit of a shock by the news. :-)
[Reply]
Dr. Johnny Fever 07:04 PM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by Frankie:
Dr. Fever correctly pointed out to me that this is in the OP. In my haste and after posting an earlier inquiring thread I tuned in and just read the first part of the OP. Thanks Dr. Fever. It IS a little embarrassing but I am in a bit of a shock by the news. :-)
See that's why I put it in a rep so you could avoid any public embarrassment. Now you've pointed it out though, heh.

It seems like you may have been a friend of his. Sorry for your loss.
[Reply]
Frankie 11:15 PM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever:
See that's why I put it in a rep so you could avoid any public embarrassment. Now you've pointed it out though, heh.

It seems like you may have been a friend of his. Sorry for your loss.
Thanks for the consideration Dr. J. It's nice enough that you gave me the option of hiding or admitting embarrassment.

I had a couple of PMs back and forth with him asking him how he was doing months after his first transplant. He appreciated my asking him and replied very kindly. That's all. But his passing is a shock to me because I was hoping he'd get a good lung the 2nd time around and pull through.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:10 PM 08-12-2012
They botched the first one and he recently went in for another transplanet and he got an infection and died unexpectantly.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:13 PM 08-12-2012
They botched the first one and he recently went in for another transplanet and he got an infection and died unexpectantly.
I thought I read that the transplanted lung itself was infected?
[Reply]
DaFace 07:24 PM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'm and idiot for not reading the OP carefully, but yes, that seems to be correct.

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Crazyhorse has passed away. He fought a very long and hard battle. He went in to get another lung transplant, since they messed up on the first set of lungs. Well this time these lungs came with a bacteria/fungus that attacked the incisions including where these lungs were attached to his body. It was something that could not be overcome.

He will be missed.
Pretty shitty deal. This would seem to indicate that it wasn't at all expected (though obviously a known possibility).
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:32 PM 08-12-2012
I worked as a Respiratory Therapist for 9 years. Took care of many lung transplant patients. Never heard of a lung having an existing fungus/bacteria and placing it in a serious compromised patient anyway. Doesnt make sense.

Besides rejection of the lung, infection is the #1 cause of death from lung transplants.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:44 PM 08-12-2012
From the way I understand it is that all of our bodies carry certain bacteria and or viruses among other things like that around all the time and everything is ok. But when they get transplanted the other persons body may see them as bad and try to attack them which will make them actually do harm to the recipients body with a weak immune system.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Up