ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 255 of 361
« First < 155205245251252253254255 256257258259265305355 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Space Exploration megathread
DaFace 09:40 AM 06-01-2014
Since a number of cool things are happening in space exploration these days, we'll widen the scope of this thread a smidge. Conversation about all things space exploration are welcome, whether it be from NASA, SpaceX, ULA, Blue Origin, or anyone else. Chances are most of the discussion will still be about SpaceX since they love to make things public and fun, but nothing's off limits. I'll eventually get around to modifying the OP to include resources for other companies too, but in the meantime, feel free to post any cool stuff you run across.

Lists of Upcoming Missions

Spoiler!

How to Watch a Live Launch
Spoiler!

Where to Learn More
Spoiler!

Glossary
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Molitoth 07:19 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I know he gets on some peoples' nerves, but this is pretty cool:
Not sure how Tim gets on peoples nerves...

I think his work is Pro.
[Reply]
Donger 07:23 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

"After seven and a half million years, the super computer Deep Thought finally reveals the ultimate answer to the Universe, the question of life and everything else."

Oh, well, that's embarrassing. I've never read it...

:-)
[Reply]
unlurking 07:24 PM 12-09-2020
Oh, well, that's embarrassing. I've never read it...

lololol

I kind of assumed based on the question. :-)
[Reply]
Donger 07:27 PM 12-09-2020
lololol

I kind of assumed based on the question. :-)

The really bad part is that two of my engineers got into a Teams chat about this last month, and I asked them WTF they were going on about. They told me, and I forgot...

"Donger, how the fuck have you never read that book!? You're a geek!"

"I didn't like the title so I never read it..."
[Reply]
unlurking 07:28 PM 12-09-2020
Made me laugh when someone on Tim's stream today asked him if he could add SN8 into this scene...

[Reply]
DaFace 07:29 PM 12-09-2020
Unless I'm missing something, SN8 didn't hit the pad on "landing." The video shows that it was way short. Not that it really matters, but...
Looks like a direct hit to me. :-)

[Reply]
DaFace 07:31 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Not sure how Tim gets on peoples nerves...

I think his work is Pro.
It's hard to discount his enthusiasm. His videos are top notch, albeit a bit in the weeds sometimes. I can't imagine people don't like him in general, but if you're looking for a NASA-style calm on launch, he ain't it.

I personally tend to watch him for mundane launches and for pre/post-game discussion when I'm in the mood, but for big events, I switch over to the official streams close to countdown.
[Reply]
Donger 07:33 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Looks like a direct hit to me. :-)

That's where the wreckage ended up, yes.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...postcount=3788
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:35 PM 12-09-2020
It's hard to discount his enthusiasm. His videos are top notch, albeit a bit in the weeds sometimes. I can't imagine people don't like him in general, but if you're looking for a NASA-style calm on launch, he ain't it.

I personally tend to watch him for mundane launches and for pre/post-game discussion when I'm in the mood, but for big events, I switch over to the official streams close to countdown.
Actually, I do the same.
[Reply]
Donger 07:36 PM 12-09-2020

Same.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:40 PM 12-09-2020

100% agree.

He's one of my few YouTube subcsriptions. Speaking of, maybe we should add a list of good space based YouTubers or Podcasts. I know there are slew of them, many just repackaged crap. So it'd be nice to have a list "vetted" by other users. In no particular order some of my faves are Scott Manley, Joe Scott, Frasier Cain, Tim Dodd, and USLaucnhReport. Love Isaac Arthur too, but he's more a "futurist / scifi" guy.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:50 PM 12-09-2020
Here's a wild shot.

Starship landing flip maneuver pic.twitter.com/QuD9HwZ9CX

— SpaceX (@SpaceX) December 10, 2020

[Reply]
DaFace 07:50 PM 12-09-2020
100% agree.

He's one of my few YouTube subcsriptions. Speaking of, maybe we should add a list of good space based YouTubers or Podcasts. I know there are slew of them, many just repackaged crap. So it'd be nice to have a list "vetted" by other users. In no particular order some of my faves are Scott Manley, Joe Scott, Frasier Cain, Tim Dodd, and USLaucnhReport. Love Isaac Arthur too, but he's more a "futurist / scifi" guy.
Happy to add it to the OP if you want to provide links. (I'll do it tomorrow - on my phone tonight.)
[Reply]
unlurking 07:52 PM 12-09-2020
Here's a wild shot.

That's an insane view!
[Reply]
unlurking 07:55 PM 12-09-2020
Happy to add it to the OP if you want to provide links. (I'll do it tomorrow - on my phone tonight.)
Cool

https://www.youtube.com/user/jnightandday
https://www.youtube.com/user/szyzyg
https://www.youtube.com/user/universetoday
https://www.youtube.com/c/EverydayAstronaut
https://www.youtube.com/c/Uslaunchreport
[Reply]
Page 255 of 361
« First < 155205245251252253254255 256257258259265305355 > Last »
Up