ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 141
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Missing Planeteers
Buck 09:51 PM 06-09-2016
Who are some CPers that you miss that aren't confirmed dead, but probably are?

The obvious ones are FAX, Skip Towne, and Mr Blond.

Who else?
[Reply]
lewdog 11:05 AM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Anyone heard from Black Helicopters aka theelusiveeightrop? I think he was a dentist in the Springfield or Joplin area. He hasn't logged on in av long time.
Did he get diagnosed with cancer a few years ago?
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 11:06 AM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Did he get diagnosed with cancer a few years ago?
I want to say I remember that as well.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 11:14 AM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Be ready for the most wonderful years of your life. There are many rewarding things in life, I've been blessed with a great life, but our kids have been the cornerstone of that great life.

Advice. Get involved... Resist any temptation to put work above your kids. You can't not work, but you can make sure you do everything in your power to be with them, listen to them, let them find out who THEY are, and support it (within reason). At the same time, set boundaries and expectations. In our house (two sons), they have to 1) Become an Eagle Scout (shows persistence and perseverance for a kid), 2) play a musical instrument (studies show it helps the brain in so many ways, and gives them an appreciation of the arts), and 3) they have to play a sport (because too many kids today are fat and don't get what sports really teach). Next, coach... I coach(ed) football, baseball, wrestling, and hockey, it is/was quality time with my sons, and they got to experience physical challenges that come along with sports and physical competition. Like last night, we rushed from Hockey Practice to marching band practice. It was a good night.

Open doors for them. While both my sons dive because they saw me dive, I never pushed them into it, but when they showed interest I jumped at the chance to let them take it as far as they want. My younger son wants to fly so we're working that now too (where there's a will there's a way). It's just a matter of opening doors for them to try things. Oh, and if they find they don't like it, let it go.

So make sure you don't squander these next two decades with that wonderful son or daughter, embrace it, enjoy it, and while you don't need to live vicariously through your kids, you sure as heck can be involved.

Above all, love that/those kid(s) without reservation. They are you, you are them, they will always be yours. Make sure they know, no matter what, that you'll always love them.

Hope that helps...
Just saw this. One of the best posts that I have ever seen on this board or any other!!

Believe it! And live it! You will never be sorry that you did.
[Reply]
stevieray 02:11 PM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S:
I want to say I remember that as well.
I remember him admitting he was day drinking and popping pills just to maintain.

:-)
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 05:52 PM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Where did Ubeja go???
Not enough time for the body to be cold yet
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:08 PM 01-31-2021
What about Adept Havelock?

Or the DC demon Fairplay?

I miss Buzz, great food
[Reply]
Over Yonder 06:25 PM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

I miss Buzz, great food
That is who I was gonna post when I seen this thread. I really enjoyed reading his posts. I hope all is well and he just got bored with the place.

Also Anyong Bluth. From the other side of the tracks politically speaking, but I did like reading him also.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:12 PM 01-31-2021
Adept and Nightwish disappeared about the same time. Enjoyed reading both those guys' posts.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:22 PM 01-31-2021
Djleftnut
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 11:19 PM 01-31-2021
Wasn’t there a Frank the Tank guy around at one point, Will Ferrel for a picture
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:03 AM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by mac459:
Wasn’t there a Frank the Tank guy around at one point, Will Ferrel for a picture
Frankotank
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=14283

Last Activity: 01-29-2018 03:42 PM

Been 3 years, no indication of leaving forever in his final posts, just stopped one day. Hopefully just moved on and not dead.
[Reply]
2112 01:26 AM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

I miss Buzz, great food
I had a pm with adept like 5 years ago, he’s busy with life. FairPlay just disappeared like Laz did.
[Reply]
2112 01:29 AM 02-01-2021
4th and long recruited BEP to come here and then she.....wait for it....accused him of stalking her :-) like the thousands of other posters that “stalk her”. So I think she’s the reason he’s not around anymore. Bad trade
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:34 AM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
4th and long recruited BEP to come here and then she.....wait for it....accused him of stalking her :-) like the thousands of other posters that “stalk her”. So I think she’s the reason he’s not around anymore. Bad trade
She is a curious being, I have had a couple run ins with her regarding, of all things, Iran. She either now thinks I am a CIA agent being paid to spread disinformation about Iran, or thinks I bias due to running contracts for the CIA. While touting bad information from her favorite website who has a story about Iran and how they are super innocent written by, gasp, former CIA agent.

The way her brain works is truly a mystery and it was 100% bad trading.

P.S
The story of her calling the sheriff on the landscaping crew might be the best story I have ever read on this website.
[Reply]
scho63 08:03 AM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
That is who I was gonna post when I seen this thread. I really enjoyed reading his posts. I hope all is well and he just got bored with the place.

Also Anyong Bluth. From the other side of the tracks politically speaking, but I did like reading him also.
I thought for a long time that Anyong Bluth created a mult. He had so many posts just to disappear and no discusssions of health or anger/disgust.

There are a few mults in DC that came from others. I thought he might have morphed into Jim Hammer aka Snopes Hammer.

Not so sure he was that aggressive with his posting style. :-)
[Reply]
Page 69 of 141
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119 > Last »
Up