ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 127 of 288
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137177227 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL Patrick Mahomes GIF thread***
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM 08-13-2017
AKA GIF'D UP: Franchise QB Edition.

Complete with smooth, clean, CP-exclusive GIFs and bullshit analysis from the guy who stroked off Cassel.

2017: Preseason Game #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #2

2017: Preseason Game #3, Various plays in Posts 198-203

2017: Preseason Game #4, Various plays in Posts 292 and 294

THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THIS TRAIN

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:00 AM 11-07-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
And dipshits used to blame that on the OL :-)

After Mahomie retires this fan base will have IMPOSSIBLY high standards for QB play. I weep for our next QB.

Fuck 'em. They can either profit from this experience, or be destroyed.

We're going to have nowhere to go but down, is the only thing

When we're 11-5 next year and he only throws 40 TDs and 4500 yards we're going to be some spoiled ass bitches whining.

Unless, you know, he just does the same shit again and then we're going to turn into the Patriots. :-)

We'll be the Chiefs. Which now means, we'll be "the Patriots" minus the fuckbag fan base and boy-diddling, creepy QB.

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
It's true. He's not going to throw 40 TD's every damn year. This might be the best offensive cast he ever plays with... well, I mean after next year. Since they'll probably all be back. He might be even more ridiculous next year.

Which is why I want to double-down on the other side of the ball. I want QB Jesus AND an absolute WRECKING CREW to compliment him so that he doesn't feel the NEED to carry the load and can instead concentrate more on dissecting the enemy to the point that his knowledge coupled with execution becomes a fluid and completely unstoppable force.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 07:38 AM 11-07-2018
A true gentleman. . go to 20 seconds in on this clip

as his team celebrates yet another TD hes checking on the well being of a human being on the other team. .

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1059148428913995778
[Reply]
RedRaider56 08:59 AM 11-07-2018
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:

as his team celebrates yet another TD hes checking on the well being of a human being on the other team. .

The young man is a humble gentlemen and will be a great ambassador for Chiefs Nation and the NFL for years to come
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:32 AM 11-07-2018

That's my QB! The NFL just hit the jackpot having him enter the league.
[Reply]
chinaski 09:40 AM 11-07-2018

I'm going to Tweet what you said here, hope you don't mind. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 10:09 AM 11-07-2018
phew

Looking back, I think this might be Mahomes best throw. Not a great angle to do it justice, but he’s got defenders n his face and he’s turning his body making a complete 180 turn while making a 35 yard throw.

I don’t think any QB in the league can do that. Even Rodgers.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:13 AM 11-07-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Looking back, I think this might be Mahomes best throw. Not a great angle to do it justice, but he’s got defenders n his face and he’s turning his body making a complete 180 turn while making a 35 yard throw.

It's throws like that that make me realize why the league just missed on the kid.

He made that throw at Tech 100 times and when those clips would be shown, the consensus was "well he's going to have to stop trying throws like those because those are interceptions at the next level...."

I think we're realizing that if that's the case, he wouldn't have thrown it. He makes that kind of lunatic throw because he CAN.

That article from a couple weeks ago nailed it - Patrick Mahomes isn't having to tailor his game to the NFL - the league's having to tailor its game to him.

{pinches self} Yup - it's real.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:21 AM 11-07-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's throws like that that make me realize why the league just missed on the kid.

He made that throw at Tech 100 times and when those clips would be shown, the consensus was "well he's going to have to stop trying throws like those because those are interceptions at the next level...."

I think we're realizing that if that's the case, he wouldn't have thrown it. He makes that kind of lunatic throw because he CAN.

That article from a couple weeks ago nailed it - Patrick Mahomes isn't having to tailor his game to the NFL - the league's having to tailor its game to him.

They underestimated his arm strength, vision, and Tarkenton scrambling talent in the backfield. It wasn’t just shitty B12 defense making him look like a wizard. Go ask the 2015 LSU defensive players. Many of them are NFL guys.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:26 AM 11-07-2018
The best part is they aren't trying to coach a lot of that stuff out of him, most NFL teams would be trying to change the kid rather than fine tune him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:28 AM 11-07-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
The best part is they aren't trying to coach a lot of that stuff out of him, most NFL teams would be trying to change the kid rather than fine tune him.
This. Reid saw it and knew that he had struck gold.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:39 AM 11-07-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
One of the dumber things coaches across all sports do: make players conform to their specific vision rather than to adapt their strengths as is feasible.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:39 AM 11-07-2018
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Which is why I want to double-down on the other side of the ball. I want QB Jesus AND an absolute WRECKING CREW to compliment him so that he doesn't feel the NEED to carry the load and can instead concentrate more on dissecting the enemy to the point that his knowledge coupled with execution becomes a fluid and completely unstoppable force.
We need to continue to draft BPA to build the team. The Chiefs are who they are, right now, in large part due to a supporting cast including:

1) a third round TE
2) a third round RB
3) a fifth round WR
4) late-round/castoff OL

Hell, even the D was built through:

1) 2nd round DL
2) 2nd round DL
3) 2nd round OLB
4) 2nd round OLB
5) 3rd round OLB
6) various castoffs

If Veach is even near the same level as Dorsey, we're going to be good for a while.

Edit: Reminds me that I was talking with Bills Fan the other day and they were talking about the superior KC offense, outside of Mahomes. Literally any team in the NFL could have built that offense, as the only high pick was Fisher. It's not difficult to line up Cleveland cast-offs. It's not difficult to draft someone in rounds 3-5. The Chiefs simply did it correctly and, of course, dropped in the best possible engine to make it go.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:40 AM 11-07-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
This. Reid saw it and knew that he had struck gold.
Reid knew it well before the draft.
[Reply]
O.city 11:46 AM 11-07-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
One of the dumber things coaches across all sports do: make players conform to their specific vision rather than to adapt their strengths as is feasible.
The problem is, at some point, those strengths will get figured out and weaknesses exposed. Like RGIII.

You've got to be able to build on the strengths.
[Reply]
O.city 11:49 AM 11-07-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

It's a legit throw that a few guys can make. I love it. But I knew he could do that.

For me, when he sits in the pocket, makes a subtle little move left or right, moves a safety and fires a laser down the middle of the field, that's more impressive.

The TD to Harris in the SF game, the Kelce one against the Browns are better for me. When he goes all dragon breath from the pocket, that's what makes me twinge.
[Reply]
Page 127 of 288
« First < 2777117123124125126127 128129130131137177227 > Last »
Up