ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 241 of 382
« First < 141191231237238239240241 242243244245251291341 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
TimBone 02:17 PM 05-14-2017
That Whine Tunnel sounds interesting. I don't know that I'd enjoy it, but I'd surely try it just because it sounds unique.

That traditz sounds right up my alley, though. I know I'm in the minority, but I prefer a great barrel-aged barleywine over a great barrel-aged stout any day of the week.
[Reply]
TimBone 08:58 PM 05-22-2017
Kind of a long shot here, I suppose. Anybody love close to the Tired Hands brewery in Ardmore? I'm hoping to trade for some of their stuff either through here or reddit. I'm going down to Lafayette tomorrow for the release of Mosaic DDH Envie from Parish. I'm wanting to trade some of it for some Tired Hands.

I guess I'm hoping Reaper still checks in on this thread.

If Reaper or anyone else is interested, I also have a bottle of Old Mad Joy Baltic Porter from Great Raft as well that's up for trade. Let me know.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:01 AM 05-23-2017
I have to say that 3 Floyds has been killing craft beer week up here with their collaboration releases. They released one with Pipeworks this week called Unicorn vs Zombie. Huge DIPA as expected.

Probably my favorite though is the hazy IPA they did with Forbidden Root called Stay Lit. It's Amarillo and Mosaic, but they added lactose and both cherry and yellow birch wood in the process. Super complex for the style, but it's really damn good. I've heard they might bottle the next batch. Here's the promo for it.

[Reply]
TimBone 06:20 AM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I have to say that 3 Floyds has been killing craft beer week up here with their collaboration releases. They released one with Pipeworks this week called Unicorn vs Zombie. Huge DIPA as expected.

Probably my favorite though is the hazy IPA they did with Forbidden Root called Stay Lit. It's Amarillo and Mosaic, but they added lactose and both cherry and yellow birch wood in the process. Super complex for the style, but it's really damn good. I've heard they might bottle the next batch. Here's the promo for it.

That looks great. Have you managed to get your hands on any marshmallow handjee?
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:32 AM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by TimBone:
That looks great. Have you managed to get your hands on any marshmallow handjee?
Nah, that has to be one of the most sought after beers from the Midwest outside of Toppling Goliath stouts, at least around here. I don't love BA stouts, or Diabeetus Dark Lord, enough to accumulate enough ammo to try and acquire it. I probably would've loved Dark Lord Day when I was younger, now it sounds like too big of a shit show for a get off my lawn guy like me. Nothing triggers a Chicago beer nerd like a barrel aged stout with vanilla.
[Reply]
TimBone 08:04 AM 05-23-2017
Nah, that has to be one of the most sought after beers from the Midwest outside of Toppling Goliath stouts, at least around here. I don't love BA stouts, or Diabeetus Dark Lord, enough to accumulate enough ammo to try and acquire it. I probably would've loved Dark Lord Day when I was younger, now it sounds like too big of a shit show for a get off my lawn guy like me. Nothing triggers a Chicago beer nerd like a barrel aged stout with vanilla.
Yeah, Dark Lord day seems like a huge ordeal. There's some beer guys I know from Texas that make the trip up there every year.

I'm almost glad that I'm not huge into stouts, or else I might be tempted to do the same.

I just saw people on Reddit were going crazy over the handjee. Figured I'd ask if it was something you were into.
[Reply]
NewChief 08:53 AM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Kind of a long shot here, I suppose. Anybody love close to the Tired Hands brewery in Ardmore? I'm hoping to trade for some of their stuff either through here or reddit. I'm going down to Lafayette tomorrow for the release of Mosaic DDH Envie from Parish. I'm wanting to trade some of it for some Tired Hands.

I guess I'm hoping Reaper still checks in on this thread.

If Reaper or anyone else is interested, I also have a bottle of Old Mad Joy Baltic Porter from Great Raft as well that's up for trade. Let me know.
Would love to help you out, but I have no Tired Hands. I'm curious how that DDH Envie will be. Wish Parish would get their distribution expanded. Of course, they're likely never going to release those beers widely.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:20 AM 05-23-2017
Handjee is just normal Dork Lard diabetes beer in a barrel with vanilla added. Yes, I know I misspelled the name of the beer and yes, I meant to.

Sorry, Dark Lord and its variants are just nasty. People freak over them but I've never been all that impressed. Too much residual sugar in the base beer and the variants push it way past the point of drinkability.
[Reply]
TimBone 09:27 AM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Would love to help you out, but I have no Tired Hands. I'm curious how that DDH Envie will be. Wish Parish would get their distribution expanded. Of course, they're likely never going to release those beers widely.
I had the galaxy and citra batches. Both were good, but I definitely preferred the galaxy. I've been on a mosaic kick lately, so I'm looking forward to trying this one. You wanna trade for some Lost 40 hops?
[Reply]
phisherman 09:30 AM 05-23-2017
TimBone, have you tried any of the Narrow Gauge stuff out of St. Louis? They're doing hazy IPAs like nobody's business. I don't get there all that often, but I can certainly grab you a crowler or two if you'd like when I'm out that way next.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 12:26 PM 05-23-2017
I believe I am going to the Jackie O's/Side Project release tomorrow for the appervation stout. Might have some to trade if anyone wants some.
[Reply]
phisherman 12:43 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
I believe I am going to the Jackie O's/Side Project release tomorrow for the appervation stout. Might have some to trade if anyone wants some.
Yup, hit me up. I've got all sorts of stuff to trade. Let's work something out.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:46 PM 05-23-2017
Didn't know Boulevard made this. Looked online and Total Wine had about 6 left last night. Ordered up a 4-pack and will be going to pick it up tonight, saving it for the weekend.

I love Bourbon anything.

[Reply]
Shag 02:03 PM 05-23-2017
I've been to a couple DLDs, and they're definitely a shitshow. Haven't been in quite a few years, and I've heard it's better run now, but when I went in 2010/2012, it wasn't all that enjoyable. Killer guest taps, but the lines were insane to get any beer. And yes, DL is way overrated - way too sweet.

Darkness Day in Minneapolis is a better event, IMHO. It's quite a bit smaller, and is basically an overnight bottle share with tents/bonfires, and ~1000 people. Some of my favorite beer memories are from that event, which isn't really even the event, it's just the lead-up. Darkness is also too sweet, but the BA variants are damn good.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:15 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by Shag:
I've been to a couple DLDs, and they're definitely a shitshow. Haven't been in quite a few years, and I've heard it's better run now, but when I went in 2010/2012, it wasn't all that enjoyable. Killer guest taps, but the lines were insane to get any beer. And yes, DL is way overrated - way too sweet.

Darkness Day in Minneapolis is a better event, IMHO. It's quite a bit smaller, and is basically an overnight bottle share with tents/bonfires, and ~1000 people. Some of my favorite beer memories are from that event, which isn't really even the event, it's just the lead-up. Darkness is also too sweet, but the BA variants are damn good.
Outside of a couple hyped variants, I think it's conceded, even by regulars at DLD that Dark Lord is too sweet and their motivation for the event is the massive bottle share (I'd be in it for the metal bands). They pushed it to May this year, so it got better weather and they made the variants totally random this year as opposed to the group you got assigned. That seemed to make most people happier with it.

I actually prefer regular Darkness over the BA version, just due to it's hoppiness which seems to fade as it sits in barrels. I got to try it on cask this year and it blew me away. Really love that beer.
[Reply]
Page 241 of 382
« First < 141191231237238239240241 242243244245251291341 > Last »
Up