ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 34
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Best BBQ joint in KC area?
BossChief 12:20 PM 02-07-2015
We are driving down to KC and I usually go to Gates, but want to try something different this time around.

I'm looking to go to the absolute best BBQ joint in the KC area for dinner tonight and figured you guys would know best. Maybe a few of you want to come out and eat with us.

What say you, CP?

(The search function is off or I'd use it.)
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:18 PM 02-07-2015
I love Hayward's sauce for around the house but the grocery stores near me don't seem to carry it anymore. I had to get my last bottle at Kansas Sampler.
[Reply]
Fish 10:21 PM 02-07-2015
I live about 4 blocks from Q39. They've really made a name for themselves in short time. Excellent beer selection too. It's pricey though.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:27 PM 02-07-2015
Originally Posted by Fish:
I live about 4 blocks from Q39. They've really made a name for themselves in short time. Excellent beer selection too. It's pricey though.
It wasn't that pricey at all, actually.

Most plates are around 15 bucks and they give you a lot of food. The full rack was the most expensive thing i saw and it was 30 bucks. I can usually eat a full rack when hungry and I barely finished half of it and half the sides (which were all amazing...BBs, pot salad, veggies).

Amazing cheesecake, too.

I completely recommend everyone to try it.

My ONLY complaint was that I called just after 1 to make my reservation and they told me the soonest was gonna be 830...when we got there they didn't have my reservation at all...but promptly seated us at 8pm...even though the place had a huge live out the door.

Just a great experience.
[Reply]
splatbass 10:28 PM 02-07-2015
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Taco Johns is still probably one of the better spots in KC. The taco-burger is the thing there. Really a special treat.
I completely forgot about Taco John's. I used to eat their crappy tacos all the time when I was young and lived in KC. The best crappy, greasy, mush filled tacos ever. But that was 30 some years ago. They still as crappy?
[Reply]
Strongside 10:33 PM 02-07-2015
My affinity for chat bar is strictly ambiance based. The food is just average when compared to some of my local faves, but they have done a great job with the cocktail list and overall vibe. I'm still picking q39 over everything.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:35 PM 02-07-2015
The place is really popular right now. You're gonna be fortunate to get in on a Saturday night if you haven't made your reservation at LEAST the day before.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:36 PM 02-07-2015
Another BBQ joint worth your time to check out is Smokin Guns in NKC on Swift. However, I am unable to give a thorough review on their whole menu because their burnt ends own my soul every time I go there.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:39 PM 02-07-2015
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Just a great experience.
I'm glad to hear it was awesome! I'll definitely go on my next visit.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:40 PM 02-07-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Another BBQ joint worth your time to check out is Smokin Guns in NKC on Swift. However, I am unable to give a thorough review on their whole menu because their burnt ends own my soul every time I go there.
Burnt ends have a way of doing that to one's soul.

That happened to me for years at the Martin City Smokestack.

Good grief, that place was incredible.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:20 AM 02-08-2015
Jonesing to try this Q39 now...
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:55 AM 02-08-2015
Originally Posted by DanT:
Back atcha', Simply Red
Thanks Dan - Always good to see you come back and say hi.
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:56 AM 02-08-2015
Dan have you heard from Naptown Chief? He sort of vanished - never comes by anymore.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 06:39 AM 02-08-2015
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
I'm coming to KC in the spring. Who wants to meet at Q39 for a serious chow down? I've got to try this.
Originally Posted by stevieray:
in
In
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 06:40 AM 02-08-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
How far is it from Harrah's? That's where I stay anytime I come into KC. I wouldn't call it free, but I don't pay for the room.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 06:53 AM 02-08-2015
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
How far is it from Harrah's? That's where I stay anytime I come into KC. I wouldn't call it free, but I don't pay for the room.
10 minutes. Definitely hitting it up. Especially after reading the owners accolades. Cool. 2 Q spots next time I'm in town. Probably around my birthday, but I get wild hairs frequently so it could be much sooner.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 34
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up