ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 17
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Alpha WR's
MahomesMagic 11:58 AM 02-27-2024
Thought I would create a thread dedicated to the Alpha WR's as there has been a lot of attention already on getting a better Mecole or MVS or tiny 140 lb slot WR's.

Alphas can't be stopped, you can only pray to contain them.

Malik Nabers

Adonai Mitchell

Adonai Mitchell is no stranger to Georgia fans. 2nd & 18, 8:16 left in the fourth quarter, Stetson Bennett drops back and completes a 40-yard touchdown strike to Mitchell over the outstretched Alabama defender to garner Georgia the lead in the national title.
It's arguably the biggest catch in program history, and according to sources, Mitchell is only scratching the surface of his stardom. It's virtually every day at this point, Mitchell will have people within the building raving about some miraculous catch he's made, or how he caught 80% of the footballs during 11on11 scrimmages.

Watch as Adonai takes over the game and has to be held repeatedly to avoid further embarrassment.

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:27 PM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Adonai got himself into the 1st round conversation and may be considered over Franklin because of his size. He was not a 1st round prospect or even in the discussion. Worthy already was.

There's still a solid chance Adonai doesn't go in the 1st.

I think there is no doubt about 5 of them going in the 1st and Worthy is in that group of 5. Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, Worthy, Thomas. Those guys are going in 1, for sure. Zero doubt.

After those it's going to be preferences between Mitchell, McConkey, and Franklin IMO with only 1 of the 3 possibly sneaking in.
I don't think Adonai moved anywhere. The teams looking at him were already in the 20's...

Cowboys
Ravens
Bills
Steelers

This was pre-combine

maybe some of the twitter kids will move him now.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:28 PM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I don't think Adonai moved anywhere. The teams looking at him were already in the 20's...

Cowboys
Ravens
Bills
Steelers

This was pre-combine

maybe some of the twitter kids will move him now.
Those teams also pick in the high 50's where his draft stock has been sitting the entire time. Not the 20s
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 06:30 PM 03-02-2024
Legitimately wowed by 4.35 by Mitchell. When a guy looks 4.60 on tape consistently and then runs that speed at the combine (despite about a 0.05 delay in the timer starting with his motion), I'm just kind of like hmm, why did he never play up to that speed because it's no doubt there? It helps his case a ton but now I have as many questions going the other way.
My entire Longhorns forum had the same thought when we saw that 4.34 pop up.

Most of us were hoping to see him break 4.5.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:31 PM 03-02-2024
Those teams also pick in the high 50's where his draft stock has been sitting the entire time. Not the 20s
It was never going to be a late 2.

He was always a 1st round prospect.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:35 PM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Xavier Worthy (20 y/o):

2,755 yards 26 TDs

Adonai Mitchell (22 y/o) :

1,405 yards 18 TDs

Tell me again which of these two is the "alpha" :-)...
:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 06:37 PM 03-02-2024
What a weird bump after Worthy also lit the combine up.

Plus, this is the "underwear Olympics". You don't even value it.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:51 PM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What a weird bump after Worthy also lit the combine up.

Plus, this is the "underwear Olympics". You don't even value it.
It’s not nothing. It’s slightly overrated.

My top guys remain the same.

Adonai is my next WR after Odunze, that didn’t change.

I do look forward to watching Twitter declare people are now moving up and down the boards.

And watching the analytics guys twist themselves in pretzels over Mitchell.

He was just so prepared today!!!

[Reply]
kccrow 07:00 PM 03-02-2024
It was never going to be a late 2.

He was always a 1st round prospect.
Yes, it was. I don't know what you're referencing but not a single source I reference ever had him in the 1st round conversation. Some had him in the mid-30s to mid-40s but very few. One was Brugler, which is why I gave you more benefit of the doubt on the thought and told you I wouldn't bash you about thinking he could be our 1st round pick.

But now you're just talking shit and it's kind of just like... he might still not be a 1st round pick. Hell, I'd say it's more likely than not he doesn't crack the 1st. His production isn't that great and he doesn't pop on tape very often. And teams go back to the tape. He never once looked 4.34 fast on tape. Never. He doesn't look good in his routes. So there's a lot to digest there for teams.

Personally, I like that he did come in heavier and faster than expected. But he's still in that group that couldn't crack 1000 yards in college. He never cracked 900 yards. So he's kind of in that McConkey, Coleman, Walker, Wilson, Pearsall, etc group where you have to project a bit more.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:04 PM 03-02-2024
Yes, it was. I don't know what you're referencing but not a single source I reference ever had him in the 1st round conversation. Some had him in the mid-30s to mid-40s but very few. One was Brugler, which is why I gave you more benefit of the doubt on the thought and told you I wouldn't bash you about thinking he could be our 1st round pick.

But now you're just talking shit and it's kind of just like... he might still not be a 1st round pick. Hell, I'd say it's more likely than not he doesn't crack the 1st. His production isn't that great and he doesn't pop on tape very often. And teams go back to the tape. He never once looked 4.34 fast on tape. Never. He doesn't look good in his routes. So there's a lot to digest there for teams.

Personally, I like that he did come in heavier and faster than expected. But he's still in that group that couldn't crack 1000 yards in college. He never cracked 900 yards. So he's kind of in that McConkey, Coleman, Walker, Wilson, Pearsall, etc group where you have to project a bit more.
Looks way better on his routes and as a football player than tiny Worthy who is 40 lbs lighter.

But we are just talking in circles now.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:07 PM 03-02-2024
Looks way better on his routes and as a football player than tiny Worthy who is 40 lbs lighter.

But we are just talking in circles now.
Yeah because I disagree with you 200% on Worthy before we even get to what I've already said about Mithcell.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:13 PM 03-02-2024
Yeah because I disagree with you 200% on Worthy before we even get to what I've already said about Mithcell.
If NFL teams agree with you he won’t go in the 1st.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:21 PM 03-02-2024
If NFL teams agree with you he won’t go in the 1st.
Which one?

I never said neither had a shot to go in the first but I have been far more confident about Worthy than Mitchell. I'm still not confident in Mitchell in the 1st. You have to put it up on the field too. Worthy did both. Epic combine. 1k WR. Torched #1 CBs. Mitchell did not. Mitchell has the potential to end up the long-term better player though, that I can see. He simply has better size, a true NFL #1 build. That doesn't mean he looks like a #1 right now because he doesn't.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:45 PM 03-02-2024
How many WRs go on and have good NFL careers after having one good year in college and that wasn't even that good of a year?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:49 PM 03-02-2024

Top WRs by Speed Score* in the 2024 Class
*aka weight-adjusted 40-time (more predictive)

1. Xavier Legette (119.0)
2. Brian Thomas (118.9)
3. Adonai Mitchell (115.6)
4. Johnny Wilson (110.7)
5. Bub Means (110.1)
6. Cornelius Johnson (109.1)
7. Rome Odunze (108.1)
8. Devontez…

— Scott Barrett (@ScottBarrettDFB) March 3, 2024

[Reply]
Chieftain 08:50 PM 03-02-2024
Worthy is a toothpick. You never draft toothpick sized receivers.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 17
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up