ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 101 of 191
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:16 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Not really.

Look at Alabama recently.

They had Jeudy, Waddle, Devonta etc all on the field at the same time.

Scouts have figured it out before, it’s not any harder than evaluating a WR going up against weak PAC 12 children.
Yes, there are other outliers as well.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:18 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yes, there are other outliers as well.
What data set are you referring to?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:18 PM 02-28-2024
Horrible comp, but ok.
How's that a horrible comp?

It's not a "comp". I said that's his floor. Same school. Basically same size/weight and skill set. Used very similar. Your bias couldn't be more blatant if you can't see the similarities.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:23 PM 02-28-2024
How's that a horrible comp?

It's not a "comp". I said that's his floor. Same school. Basically same size/weight and skill set. Used very similar. Your bias couldn't be more blatant if you can't see the similarities.
One is going in the 1st and the other went near the end of the 2nd.

So your comp not great.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:29 PM 02-28-2024
I’ll check in on the underwear Olympics just to spot check things.

But mind already made up on the games.

Thomas JR more wow.

Franklin in the 1st would feel like picking Skyy Moore in the 2nd.
Oh for fuckssake! Lol
[Reply]
staylor26 01:32 PM 02-28-2024
One is going in the 1st and the other went near the end of the 2nd.

So your comp not great.
It's as if you have no understanding of the ceiling/floor concept.

When you're comparing Mitchell ("top 15 player") to McLaurin (3rd round pick), which is an infinitely worse comparison BTW, are you saying he's not a 1st rounder? Dipshit.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:55 PM 02-28-2024
It's as if you have no understanding of the ceiling/floor concept.

When you're comparing Mitchell ("top 15 player") to McLaurin (3rd round pick), which is an infinitely worse comparison BTW, are you saying he's not a 1st rounder? Dipshit.
I never comped Mitchell to Terry McLaurin.

(My comp for Terry was a bigger TY Hilton)

That's a reading comprehension issue on you.

What I did describe is how EXCITED the draft kids were over Parris Campbell and how they ignored the better boundary WR on the same team at Ohio State. Look at that VOLUME to Paris! Yay!

Same thing happening this year with people drooling over the tiny slot Worthy and glossing over the Alpha WR in Adonai.

:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 02:04 PM 02-28-2024
I never comped Mitchell to Terry McLaurin.

(My comp for Terry was a bigger TY Hilton)

That's a reading comprehension issue on you.

What I did describe is how EXCITED the draft kids were over Parris Campbell and how they ignored the better boundary WR on the same team at Ohio State. Look at that VOLUME to Paris! Yay!

Same thing happening this year with people drooling over the tiny slot Worthy and glossing over the Alpha WR in Adonai.

:-)
You were comparing their ceilings though. Just like you were comparing Campbell and Worthy's floor. That's my point, and where McLaurin was drafted was irrelevant.

This all comes back to your lack of reading comprehension when I said Marshall is his floor. Marshall being a 2nd rounder is irrelevant.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:04 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Hmmm the senseless arguing on this thread actually led to an interesting debate, thanks Duncan for wrangling the conversation back towards meaningfulness...

IS Thomas Jr the best deep threat or DID he benefit from playing opposite a star?

Franklin WAS the #1 weapon on his team, without a doubt, IS he the better playmaker?
Can ask a similar question of Jalen McMillan or Ja'lynn Polk. How much did Odunze help those guys?

It's always a super tricky question and it seems to pop up every year. And frankly it seems to happen a couple of times every season in every position group.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:06 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Can ask a similar question of Jalen McMillan or Ja'lynn Polk. How much did Odunze help those guys?

It's always a super tricky question and it seems to pop up every year. And frankly it seems to happen a couple of times every season in every position group.
Yup, happens all the time with DL too.

Ryan Sims and Julius Peppers.

Sweat and Murphy this year.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:22 PM 02-28-2024
Hate to say it but I've mellowed a tiny bit on Franklin and warmed a little on Mitchell. Would still love Franklin at 32
[Reply]
staylor26 02:24 PM 02-28-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Hate to say it but I've mellowed a tiny bit on Franklin and warmed a little on Mitchell. Would still love Franklin at 32
Go pick your teams dude!
[Reply]
JPH83 02:25 PM 02-28-2024
Go pick your teams dude!
Oh s*** my bad, sorry I'm on it!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:48 PM 02-28-2024
Yup, happens all the time with DL too.

Ryan Sims and Julius Peppers.

Sweat and Murphy this year.
Sims/Peppers came immediately to mind.

But I was also thinking McDuffie/Kyler Gordon. And I remember during the draft thinking "Man, Gordon looks really good - but they just NEVER throw at McDuffie. That has to mean something...right?"

Sure seemed to in that case.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:50 PM 02-28-2024
I’ll check in on the underwear Olympics just to spot check things.

But mind already made up on the games.

Thomas JR more wow.

Franklin in the 1st would feel like picking Skyy Moore in the 2nd.
I mean, how much have you watched Bo Nix?

You watch 2 minutes of Thomas highlights from the past 2 years, and you see Daniels ripping the deep ball consistently, with accuracy, good timing, and velocity, both from inside the pocket with his feet set and on the scramble drill.

You watch Franklin's highlights in comparison to Thomas's and it becomes apparent pretty quickly that there is a vast difference in the talent between the QBs throwing them the ball. Nix doesn't have the touch or feel or arm strength.

I think they're both really good prospects and would be glad to roll with either one. I don't think Thomas is in KC's range without a trade up into the low 20s, and honestly, Franklin might not be either.
[Reply]
Page 101 of 191
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151 > Last »
Up