ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 233 of 324
« First < 133183223229230231232233 234235236237243283 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
staylor26 01:21 PM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Some of you guys need to give Joe Cullen his damn due. He’s done a GREAT job so far
I tried to tell people that he alone would have an impact.

He's as good as it gets, definitely one of the best in the business.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:24 PM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
A little bit of both.

They're really good, but the Rams and the Titans OLs aren't good at all. The Titans also lost their starting LT early in that game.
I don't wanna hear that shit. Football isn't perfect, you will always have to use back up players. Media gave JH a pass because he lost a couple of OL during our game and didn't have Allen. So fucking what? I though he was a stud? He shouldn't need a perfect team every week. They don't give Mahomes a pass ever for any loss no matter who is on the filed and no matter what the circumstances are. Media constantly bitch and wo-wish-me every time Brady loses anyone. If the pack win they will blame it on Evans, Godwin not playing and Gronk retiring.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:27 PM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
I don't wanna hear that shit. Football isn't perfect, you will always have to use back up players. Media gave JH a pass because he lost a couple of OL during our game and didn't have Allen. So fucking what? I though he was a stud? He shouldn't need a perfect team every week. They don't give Mahomes a pass ever for any loss no matter who is on the filed and no matter what the circumstances are. Media constantly bitch and wo-wish-me every time Brady loses anyone. If the pack win they will blame it on Evans, Godwin not playing and Gronk retiring.
:-)

Nobody is making excuses. It's just context, dumbass.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:09 AM 10-04-2022
PUT SOME RESPECT ON THIS MANS NAME GODDAMNIT

But here's what's wild. Strip out garbage time (drives in 4th quarter with KC up double digits) and these are the numbers and where they'd rank...

Yards per play: 4.7 (5th)
Points allowed per game: 17.0 (5th)
Yards per drive: 27.2 (7th)
Points per drive: 1.84 (14th)

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) October 4, 2022

[Reply]
Buehler445 11:13 AM 10-04-2022
:-)

That doesn't FEEL right, but I bet it is. There is a ton of "well the defense blows" residual bias creosoted up in my dome.

Seemed like in the Chargers game they got whatever they wanted, but the stats really weren't bad. They were excellent in the Indy and Cards games and Brady put up some points, but we got some really good stops and Fuckhole Brady got a lot of posessions because they couldn't stop us (LOL)

Hat tip to the defense.
[Reply]
O.city 11:14 AM 10-04-2022
Get Gay and McDuffie back and see how it goes.

I still would like to add another pass rusher and or DL but they may feel differently.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:15 AM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Get Gay and McDuffie back and see how it goes.

I still would like to add another pass rusher and or DL but they may feel differently.
Everybody keeps forgetting about Danna, but he's clearly been missed the last couple of weeks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:44 AM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
PUT SOME RESPECT ON THIS MANS NAME GODDAMNIT

And he doesn't even mention that the Chiefs are currently 3rd in the NFL in rushing yards per carry.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:58 AM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And he doesn't even mention that the Chiefs are currently 3rd in the NFL in rushing yards per carry.
Allowed?

Who gives a shit. Running yields way less EPA than passing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:05 PM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Allowed?

Because forcing a running team to abandon the run, like Tampa, makes them one dimensional and easier to defend.

Run defense is FAR more important to winning a Super Bowl than pass defense. Everybody gives up passing yards in this league. It's designed that way on purpose.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:09 PM 10-04-2022
Allowed?

We just ran the ball 37 times for 189 yds and scored 40 pts against one of the best rushing defenses in the league. So not buying the ‘rushing doesn’t generate enough points’ thing.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:12 PM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
We just ran the ball 37 times for 189 yds and scored 40 pts against me of the best rushing defenses in the league. So not buying the ‘rushing doesn’t generate enough points’ thing.
We ran because 1) the Bucs D was giving up huge chunks and 2) to protect the lead.

In general, it’s still a passing league.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:13 PM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Because forcing a running team to abandon the run, like Tampa, makes them one dimensional and easier to defend.

Run defense is FAR more important to winning a Super Bowl than pass defense. Everybody gives up passing yards in this league. It's designed that way on purpose.
They were forced to abandon the run after we went up 21-3.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:15 PM 10-04-2022
They were forced to abandon the run after we went up 21-3.
You sound like BWillie.

And that's not a compliment.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:39 PM 10-04-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Everybody keeps forgetting about Danna, but he's clearly been missed the last couple of weeks.
Feels weird to say it but yeah, he's looked a fair bit more than a rotational piece. Really didn't see that coming but it would be massive if it continued.
[Reply]
Page 233 of 324
« First < 133183223229230231232233 234235236237243283 > Last »
Up