ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So, I'm going to move to upstate NY
rabblerouser 08:19 PM 04-22-2018
I'm going to move up there to be close to my daughter. I don't know anyone in the area besides her, my ex wife and her husband, I don't have a job or a place to live yet...and I don't know exactly how I'm going to accomplish this, but I can't do the distance any longer. Won't do it.

I have a bunch of music gear and records to sell, I could get a few thousand up pretty damn quick.

Rent isn't as bad as I thought it would be...I'm just going to miss the Midwest.

Just not as much as I miss my daughter.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:49 PM 06-05-2018
I walked through a neighborhood in Buffalo a few years ago that made me very glad I'm a runner.
[Reply]
MahiMike 05:54 PM 06-05-2018
How's the ex like you showing up there?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:11 PM 06-19-2018
Originally Posted by Eureka:
How did your daughter get taken to NY?

What if the ex moves away again?
She has to have my permission to move her out of state; I got suckered into the deal. But when I move up there, the only place I'm allowing her to move to is back to MO.

Originally Posted by MahiMike:
How's the ex like you showing up there?
She's all for it.

Her words during our last conversation about this summer's visit : "I can't believe you haven't already moved up here."
Originally Posted by loochy:
Maybe you should sort that out before you go...I'm just saying.
Posted via Mobile Device
I can transfer to Glastonbury CT or Wakefield Mass.

I hate Massachusetts.
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I walked through a neighborhood in Buffalo a few years ago that made me very glad I'm a runner.
The only time I'll be going to Buffalo is on my to Orchard Park and I'll be decked in Red. And driving.

Originally Posted by Simply Red:
so how are you liking it hun?
I haven't moved yet.

Ran into a bit of roadblock, have to come up with more $$. Have to come up with more $$, selling records/instruments + lots of OT at work, as well as more live gigs + recording sessions than I've done in over a year.

Can't seem to generate enough income all the sudden...
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Get used to drinking Genny.
I really don't drink much at all, so it won't bother me.

Gotta be better than the nasty ubiquitous Budweiser of Mid-MO (yech)
[Reply]
Spott 08:47 PM 06-19-2018
Been to Syracuse quite a bit because my wife’s family are all from there. Great Italian food and bakeries in upstate NY and it feels like the midwest up there.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 08:50 PM 06-19-2018
Move some crystal to upstate ny?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:02 PM 06-19-2018
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Move some crystal to upstate ny?
Nah. You've got me confused with KCnative.

I'm strictly organic. Which can apparently still be felonious, not necessarily the fungus itself, but the psilocybin is totally a felony, in any amount. Even the crushed up dusty crumbs in the corner of a baggie...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:03 PM 06-19-2018
Originally Posted by Spott:
Been to Syracuse quite a bit because my wife’s family are all from there. Great Italian food and bakeries in upstate NY and it feels like the midwest up there.
there more I hear/read this, the better I feel...
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 09:07 PM 06-19-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Nah. You've got me confused with KCnative.

I'm strictly organic. Which can apparently still be felonious, not necessarily the fungus itself, but the psilocybin is totally a felony, in any amount. Even the crushed up dusty crumbs in the corner of a baggie...
Oh jeez

That's horrible man....

Good luck....
[Reply]
Frazod 09:15 PM 06-19-2018
Same here. Been there several times. The city's a bit of a dump, but hell, what city isn't these days? The suburbs are nice. Definitely has a working class feel to it.

The Thousand Islands area of the St. Lawrence Seaway is fairly close. Beautiful area.

The winters suck balls, though. But I'm sure that's already been discussed.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:22 PM 06-19-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
this past winter, I hit a deer, then wrecked twice on the ice in MO.

Besides that, what's it matter when you're working at a desk for 9 hours a day anyway?

I'm miserable and lonely already, I'd rather be around my kid.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:16 AM 06-20-2018
Wow, housing in Glastonbury CT is EXPENSIVE.

HOLY FUCK, $1600/MO for a house that is half that in MO...
[Reply]
Spott 11:10 AM 06-20-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Same here. Been there several times. The city's a bit of a dump, but hell, what city isn't these days? The suburbs are nice. Definitely has a working class feel to it.

The Thousand Islands area of the St. Lawrence Seaway is fairly close. Beautiful area.

The first time I went up there I was expecting the obnoxious Jersey shore types with the annoying accents. There are so many of those types that move from the NYC area to where I live in Florida, so I honestly was expecting the rest of the state to be like that. Everyone was pretty nice up there, except for Boeheim. That guy is a dick.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:52 PM 06-20-2018
Well it's looking like room and board won't be a problem.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 03:56 PM 06-20-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I know - the weather, the not knowing anyone, and the whole "everything is expensive as ****" parts are the big negatives.

Any other negatives/positives?
As long as there is CHIEFSPLANET what could go wrong?
[Reply]
Indian Chief 06:00 PM 06-20-2018
The first time I went up there I was expecting the obnoxious Jersey shore types with the annoying accents. There are so many of those types that move from the NYC area to where I live in Florida, so I honestly was expecting the rest of the state to be like that. Everyone was pretty nice up there, except for Boeheim. That guy is a dick.
Those people aren't from Jersey, and no one here talks like that.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up