ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 34
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Teedubya getting after it
SuperChief 04:10 PM 09-11-2012
Take that, Chiefs.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments...n_me_to_get_a/

The KC Chiefs just blocked me on Twitter. LOL Last night, I tweeted that for the 4th year in a row, the Chiefs are at the bottom of salary cap spending and that the owner, Clark Hunt, is hoarding cap dollars. The Chiefs commitment to mediocrity has made me not care much about being a fan... They responded with this DM.
http://imgur.com/7VbfJ
I responded that it is good to know that the KC Chiefs have an immature teenager running their social media.
I, as a fan for my whole life of nearly 40 years, who have never seen the Chiefs in a Superbowl, nor have I seen a playoff win in nearly 20 years, nor have I seen a QB drafted in the last 27 years... I have a right to be pissed. The Kansas City Chiefs have no right to be pissy toward the fans. We are the ones paying your salaries. Shame on you, Chiefs. Oh, and congrats on 50 years of being in KC. 10 years of greatness, followed by 40 years of pathetic profiteering.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:43 AM 09-12-2012
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
How is it possible that you know nothing about AriChiefs/AliChiefs/Teedubya? The guy has been a vocal member at CP for as long as I can remember.
Heh…..i don’t know? I don’t really keep up with the personal facts of members. Except for you Mr. Pesci. : )
[Reply]
NewChief 10:46 AM 09-12-2012
This sort of uproar damages the Chiefs brand. This damages their wallet indirectly. Surely you guys understand that?

There's a reason that the Chiefs spend tons of money on advertising and marketing, and it's not so you read an ad and run out and buy a season ticket. It's so you read an ad and have positive associations with the Chiefs brand, which then, eventually might lead you to buying a ticket or memorabilia or purchasing a PPV game or whatever. When things like this happen, it counteracts those efforts and certainly costs them money, even if its not in the form of massive season ticket holders selling off their tickets.

In other words: it's effective on Ari's part if you're wanting reform of the organization. To pretend otherwise is to discount the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and branding, not just social media.
[Reply]
sedated 10:47 AM 09-12-2012
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
The problem with that is and social media is, a guy that looks like that would never say those words to even a Chiefs intern in person.

Ill sit here and bash the Chiefs all I want, but I am not going to go out of my way to hunt some low end staffer on the Chiefs official payroll that is probably some 24 year old out of college yuppie making just enough to pay his rent and make that guys job harder because the guys at the top of his food chain suck.
Full of fail.

What does the guy's looks have anything to do with it? People of all shapes and sizes have the right to b!tch when they are unhappy. And if you think its limited to social media, go work the phones for customer service or stand at the front desk of the post office.

And he didn't "hunt down" anyone, especially some intern - he sent a message to the official account of an NFL franchise. Its not his problem that they put some intern in charge of that. He himself works for a company smart enough to know that social media shouldn't be taken lightly, or sh!t like this happens.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:47 AM 09-12-2012
Originally Posted by NewChief:
This sort of uproar damages the Chiefs brand. This damages their wallet indirectly. Surely you guys understand that?

There's a reason that the Chiefs spend tons of money on advertising and marketing, and it's not so you read an ad and run out and buy a season ticket. It's so you read an ad and have positive associations with the Chiefs brand, which then, eventually might lead you to buying a ticket or memorabilia or purchasing a PPV game or whatever. When things like this happen, it counteracts those efforts and certainly costs them money, even if its not in the form of massive season ticket holders selling off their tickets.

In other words: it's effective on Ari's part if you're wanting reform of the organization. To pretend otherwise is to discount the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and branding, not just social media.
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:48 AM 09-12-2012
Originally Posted by sedated:
Full of fail.

What does the guy's looks have anything to do with it? People of all shapes and sizes have the right to b!tch when they are unhappy. And if you think its limited to social media, go work the phones for customer service or stand at the front desk of the post office.

And he didn't "hunt down" anyone, especially some intern - he sent a message to the official account of an NFL franchise. Its not his problem that they put some intern in charge of that. He himself works for a company smart enough to know that social media shouldn't be taken lightly, or sh!t like this happens.
:-):-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:50 AM 09-12-2012
Originally Posted by sedated:
What does the guy's looks have anything to do with it?
Because many people are retards and believe that in order to criticize someone, a sports franchise, a corporation, etc., that person better be an MMA fighter because shit is going down!

Fucking idiots.
[Reply]
bevischief 10:53 AM 09-12-2012
Watch them send some of those screwed up jerseys to him to try and make up for it...
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:02 AM 09-12-2012
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
The problem with that is and social media is, a guy that looks like that would never say those words to even a Chiefs intern in person.

Ill sit here and bash the Chiefs all I want, but I am not going to go out of my way to hunt some low end staffer on the Chiefs official payroll that is probably some 24 year old out of college yuppie making just enough to pay his rent and make that guys job harder because the guys at the top of his food chain suck.

If Scott Pioli ran the twitter, I'd understand. But at the end of the day, he doesn't. And taking it out on some rando is no different than walking in a 5 star restaurant, hating the food, so you go in the bathroom and shit on the floor instead of the toilet to make the janitor's job worse.
I believe there was an email posted here from someone in sales who told a CP member that it was their choice to be a fan, after they said they weren't going to buy tickets until Cassel was gone.

It's just odd there was a story about a candy wrapper, but there have been at least two occasions where people from the organization have told fans "it's your choice to buy our product." Of course, it is our choice, but between the reports of how much of a control freak Pioli is, the fact that the NFL has seen a decline in attendance in each of the past 3-4 years, and of course the Chiefs' struggles, it's pretty sad they're so clueless when it comes to dealing with upset customers.

Sure, maybe it's just a case of two people having a bad day, but that's really no excuse. It's nothing to be outraged about... it's just another sad display from an organization that somehow still thinks it's 1995 from both a product standpoint and social media/PR standpoint.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:03 AM 09-12-2012
Social Media Directors the world over should thank the guy that told TeeDub off. He just proved how important their roles are.
[Reply]
Brock 11:09 AM 09-12-2012

Look at how this team has handled media and fans the past few years. Do you see any evidence at all that they care what anybody thinks of their brand?

The product on the field is all that matters. If they were a winning team, nobody would care about any of this.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:10 AM 09-12-2012
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I believe there was an email posted here from someone in sales who told a CP member that it was their choice to be a fan, after they said they weren't going to buy tickets until Cassel was gone.

It's just odd there was a story about a candy wrapper, but there have been at least two occasions where people from the organization have told fans "it's your choice to buy our product." Of course, it is our choice, but between the reports of how much of a control freak Pioli is, the fact that the NFL has seen a decline in attendance in each of the past 3-4 years, and of course the Chiefs' struggles, it's pretty sad they're so clueless when it comes to dealing with upset customers.

Sure, maybe it's just a case of two people having a bad day, but that's really no excuse. It's nothing to be outraged about... it's just another sad display from an organization that somehow still thinks it's 1995 from both a product standpoint and social media/PR standpoint.
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
What alternative are you going to give people when it's 10 degrees outside on Sunday?

This tells me the Chiefs KNOW they have upper hand and don’t need to change. They can continue to piss on the fans and yet fans will continue to show up in droves because well, its KC…theres nothing else better to do.
[Reply]
ghak99 11:10 AM 09-12-2012
OK... which one of you made the Clark is so tight if you shoved coal up his ass it would turn to diamonds comment?

:-)
[Reply]
NewChief 11:12 AM 09-12-2012
Originally Posted by Brock:
Look at how this team has handled media and fans the past few years. Do you see any evidence at all that they care what anybody thinks of their brand?

The product on the field is all that matters. If they were a winning team, nobody would care about any of this.
I definitely agree with this, but I think that getting a widespread message that they're under the cap consistently out to fans doesn't help their brand much. You're right, though, in that if they win, no one gives a shit how far under the cap they are. Hell, if they win, everyone would be talking about what a genius Pioli is for developing inhouse talent, finding bargains, and not overpaying for players.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:19 AM 09-12-2012
I definitely agree with this, but I think that getting a widespread message that they're under the cap consistently out to fans doesn't help their brand much. You're right, though, in that if they win, no one gives a shit how far under the cap they are. Hell, if they win, everyone would be talking about what a genius Pioli is for developing inhouse talent, finding bargains, and not overpaying for players.
The problem is, they haven't won a meaningful game since January 1994 which is a long time in the sports world.

The Chiefs shouldn't think they have something to hang their hat on, as it were.

Trotting out a subpar team for two decades show serious signs of incompetence, especially in a sport designed for competitive balance, both on the field and from a financial standpoint.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:21 AM 09-12-2012
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
This tells me the Chiefs KNOW they have upper hand and don’t need to change. They can continue to piss on the fans and yet fans will continue to show up in droves because well, its KC…theres nothing else better to do.
Yep.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 34
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Up