ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 386
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
rico 06:55 AM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I love the Bran Stark theories. I can't wait to see what goes on with Bran for the rest of the show.
[Reply]
NewChief 06:59 AM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Well, pretty much the whole goddamn next episode is on YouTube right now. Watch it if you want.
Someone in my feed warned that it's definitely a HUGE episode, but he recommended not watching the leaks because of the lower quality.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:02 AM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I distinctly recall about 4 to 5 years ago via reddit that HBO execs weren't blind to the reality their shit (particularly Game of Thrones) was being pirated and were tacitly okay with that milieu because it was free advertising.

This. It's why they have never GAF about people sharing their HBO GO passwords. They know it happens, and they embrace it. It's not network television. There are no advertisers to keep happy. However you watch GOT, you are more likely to buy merchandise, attend events, click on HBO content that does have some pay per click or something, as long as you watch it at all. Hell, they probably figure that one day you may even subscribe to HBO. Doesn't seem it would hurt them much at all.

As for me, I am gonna wait until tomorrow. But after reading some of y'alls comments, I am very excite!
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:05 AM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by Miles:
I get the urge to watch early but also assume the quality of these leaks are not exactly 1080p with decent sound. Can wait a few days for that.
Here is where I am. It's worth watching it in the best quality with good sound.

It's tough to wait though.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:21 AM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Here is where I am. It's worth watching it in the best quality with good sound.

It's tough to wait though.
Looks like the ones I watched initially (okay quality, but definitely better watched in a windowed view and not full screen) have all been purged at this point. The snippets that are left are pretty crappy.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:29 AM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Someone in my feed warned that it's definitely a HUGE episode, but he recommended not watching the leaks because of the lower quality.
I can't wait to watch on Sunday.

No one who cares enough about Game of Thrones to hunt down a leaked copy wouldn't also watch it when it is broadcast.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:08 AM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I can't wait to watch on Sunday.

No one who cares enough about Game of Thrones to hunt down a leaked copy wouldn't also watch it when it is broadcast.
Exactly. The initial leaks that I watched probably covered two-thirds to three-quarters of the episode, but I still want to see it in HD and also in the correct order.
[Reply]
NewChief 11:15 AM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Exactly. The initial leaks that I watched probably covered two-thirds to three-quarters of the episode, but I still want to see it in HD and also in the correct order.
Leaks don't bother me and I generally read spoilers and such. I actually sometimes enjoy things more after reading spoilers because it makes the first viewing like a second viewing if you have general plot outline and can pick up on things as a result.

That being said: there were people saying they wanted their first viewing of this to be in HD with surround sound and such. I was just confirming that someone I know who watched the leaks had recommended the same thing.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:54 AM 08-05-2017
Leaks don't bother me and I generally read spoilers and such. I actually sometimes enjoy things more after reading spoilers because it makes the first viewing like a second viewing if you have general plot outline and can pick up on things as a result.

That being said: there were people saying they wanted their first viewing of this to be in HD with surround sound and such. I was just confirming that someone I know who watched the leaks had recommended the same thing.
I get that this will probably be glorious in HD, but there's really not anything in there you would say 'Oh, I wish I hadn't seen that YET.' And likewise nothing in there you would say 'I don't need to see that again.'

Big beautiful things happen, but nothing completely out of left field [such as a Red Wedding situation]. And every bit of it just whets your appetite to watch again.

At this point, you're only a day away, but if you have the free time I wouldn't actively avoid it just to preserve the experience for tomorrow.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 12:49 PM 08-05-2017
The sparring was my favorite.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:51 PM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
The sparring was my favorite.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:04 PM 08-05-2017
A little late but:

[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 05:25 PM 08-05-2017
I feel like Theon has some great moment ahead. Just the way it was setup, dunno.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:42 PM 08-05-2017

Same here.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 07:53 PM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
What were you expecting? They cook over fire and the few wheels that exist are made of wood.
I was expecting Sam to use dragon glass to cure the greyscale.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 386
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Up