ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1925 of 2690
« First < 925142518251875191519211922192319241925 19261927192819291935197520252425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DRM08 11:06 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He was.

But it's also worth noting that few teams bothered DEFENDING a guy like Marino either. There just weren't enough teams playing like that to bother building defense around addressing it.

It was a funny year. Neil Lomax threw for 4,600 yards.

Something strange happened that year though I can't identify what it might have been. Lomax obviously wasn't as good as Marino that year or anything but....he was Neil Lomax. And a scrub like Lynn Dickey threw for 4500 the year before.

I think there's something to be said for the fact that no, nobody was as proficient as Marino....and so defenses weren't geared around trying to stop guys like that either. That's how Dickey comes out for one year and scorches the earth. How Lomax is a monster for a year and then barely fringe/average for the rest of his career.

I think all people want to do is give Marino more credit and take credit away from Mahomes because 'more people are throwing the football now!' and that's not entirely wrong - but then again, a LOT more teams are geared around stopping the throw as well.

You drop Patrick Mahomes onto the 1984 Dolphins and he'd have absolutely done as well as Marino did.

Marino did it first but I take some umbrage with the idea that Marino did it better because of that. In some ways what he did was actually easier than what Mahomes is doing now, especially with the exotic coverages and disguised blitzes, etc... that teams are using.

Marino lived in an era when there were very few CBs who could hang with today's modern safeties. And their safeties would be nickel LBs today. They were more physical, sure - but they were a hell of a lot slower as well.

Sorry man, I can't buy this argument. The passer rating numbers for non-elite guys today point to a pretty obvious trend. It's much easier for QB's to put up nice stats today than it was 35 years ago.

For perspective, Trubisky has a 90 passer rating and Marino was 86. Elway was 80. 90 used to be a really great number. It was impressive as hell that Joe Montana was able to put up a 92 passer rating in those older days. And now you are a legit BUST if you have a passer rating in that neighborhood. It's a very different game now.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:19 PM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He was.

But it's also worth noting that few teams bothered DEFENDING a guy like Marino either. There just weren't enough teams playing like that to bother building defense around addressing it.

It was a funny year. Neil Lomax threw for 4,600 yards.

Something strange happened that year though I can't identify what it might have been. Lomax obviously wasn't as good as Marino that year or anything but....he was Neil Lomax. And a scrub like Lynn Dickey threw for 4500 the year before.

I think there's something to be said for the fact that no, nobody was as proficient as Marino....and so defenses weren't geared around trying to stop guys like that either. That's how Dickey comes out for one year and scorches the earth. How Lomax is a monster for a year and then barely fringe/average for the rest of his career.

I think all people want to do is give Marino more credit and take credit away from Mahomes because 'more people are throwing the football now!' and that's not entirely wrong - but then again, a LOT more teams are geared around stopping the throw as well.

You drop Patrick Mahomes onto the 1984 Dolphins and he'd have absolutely done as well as Marino did.

Marino did it first but I take some umbrage with the idea that Marino did it better because of that. In some ways what he did was actually easier than what Mahomes is doing now, especially with the exotic coverages and disguised blitzes, etc... that teams are using.

Marino lived in an era when there were very few CBs who could hang with today's modern safeties. And their safeties would be nickel LBs today. They were more physical, sure - but they were a hell of a lot slower as well.
Marino is great, don’t get me wrong, but I feel like he gets massively overrated because of 80s nostalgia among many other reasons. Lets not forget this dude got TRASHED in his one super bowl.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:14 PM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
2017-2018: 50 TD & 13 INT in 17 games
2019-2020: 35 TD & 5 INT in 17 games
This is an interesting thought.

Which one's better? I'm not talking about Patrick himself, but which statline is preferential given zero context?

Part of me wants to say the 35 and 5 because that TD:INT ratio is insane., but 50 TDs is also filthy. That's 15 more TDs, 90 more points scored, which amounts to nearly a TD per game. There's also an additional 8 INTs but those don't always lead to points against..
[Reply]
LittleMeatballNick 05:03 PM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Which one's better? I'm not talking about Patrick himself, but which statline is preferential given zero context?

Part of me wants to say the 35 and 5 because that TD:INT ratio is insane., but 50 TDs is also filthy. That's 15 more TDs, 90 more points scored, which amounts to nearly a TD per game. There's also an additional 8 INTs but those don't always lead to points against..
Stats only, I'm taking 50 TD's in a season. But, when you go by the season itself, I'm definitely taking the 2019 season with a Super Bowl win lol
[Reply]
DRM08 05:10 PM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Speaking strictly from my biased Texas Tech viewpoint, I wanna see him destroy all the comparisons to Favre and Cutler before he was drafted. "He'll be a turnover machine." He has already blown those comments out of the water. But the scary thing is I think he will get better and better as a game manager.

Aaron Rodgers had a season with 25 TD and only 2 INT. I think Mahomes could do something insane like a season with 30+ TD and 1-2 INT by the time we see the fully formed version of him. He is still not there yet. Still needs more experience. He said it himself recently.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:54 PM 10-02-2020

Lowest sack % on plays with pressure:

1. Patrick Mahomes - 4.8%
2. Aaron Rodgers - 8.3
3. Ryan Tannehill - 10.0
4. Justin Herbert - 11.4 pic.twitter.com/sdxq74nBZt

— PFF (@PFF) October 2, 2020

[Reply]
Halfcan 08:51 PM 10-02-2020
Mahomes named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

His 4th time winning the honor.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...7TvR9FgSmdXJyc
[Reply]
DRM08 09:03 PM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Mahomes named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

His 4th time winning the honor.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...7TvR9FgSmdXJyc
They named Josh Allen player of the month. Nice little chip on Patrick's shoulder heading to Buffalo game on October 15th.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:48 PM 10-02-2020
Just read a pretty crazy fantasy stat. Joe burrow and patrick mahomes are the only qbs to score 60 fantasy points in their first 3 games
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:16 PM 10-02-2020

[Reply]
DRM08 10:25 PM 10-02-2020
Another kick in the nuts for Chicago Bear fans. Media reporting tonight that the Bears GM told Mahomes he was their #1 guy. Saw a Chicago fan compared it to Jordan and Sam Bowie. But when they landed Jordan while another franchise suffered with Sam Bowie, I think the Trubisky and Mahomes situation is just karma for them. It’s hilarious.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 04:46 AM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Just read a pretty crazy fantasy stat. Joe burrow and patrick mahomes are the only qbs to score 60 fantasy points in their first 3 games
Fuck fantasy football
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10-03-2020, 07:10 AM
This message has been deleted by KChiefs1. Reason: oops!
KChiefs1 07:12 AM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by Kellerfox:
Stolen form a Chiefs fan on Reddit... (chart a few weeks old)

Most passing touchdowns by X games played:

That's with 0 TD's in his first game too!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:15 AM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by Kellerfox:
Stolen form a Chiefs fan on Reddit... (chart a year old and won’t EVER include Mahomes!)

Career Interceptions by X games played:

Considering he has 18 in 34 games. No!:-)
[Reply]
Kellerfox 10:18 AM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Considering he has 18 in 34 games. No!:-)

But... But... But... All the draft pundits who said he was a turnover machine?

I know that misnomer had been disproved on CP time and again, his college TD:INT ratio was 3.2. As a Red Raider, I'm still baffled by where that narrative came from.
[Reply]
Page 1925 of 2690
« First < 925142518251875191519211922192319241925 19261927192819291935197520252425 > Last »
Up