ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 72
« First < 289101112 131415162262 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
patteeu 11:20 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
There's also a possibility Anthony Lynn gets fired in LA, leaving one fewer African American head coach. I personally see nothing different from Bienemy than I saw from Nagy or Pederson, and I don't believe there was ever a huge push for them to get head coaching jobs by the media the way there is for Bienemy. It's pretty clear why people are pushing for Bienemy, but it is what it is. If he gets passed up we won't hear the end of it all offseason.

As others have mentioned, jackasses like Gase and Patricia have gotten jobs, someone just needs to bite the bullet and give Bienemy a chance.
One difference between Bienemy and Nagy or Pederson (or Kafka for that matter) is that he never played QB and he was never QB coach or a passing coordinator. I think that all else equal, that would be something I'd want as an owner in today's league.

Bienemy seems like his strength is as a motivator. He'd have to prove to me that he could be all the things you'd want out of an OC as head coach or that he could be a CEO type with a strong OC and DC.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:28 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by patteeu:
One difference between Bienemy and Nagy or Pederson (or Kafka for that matter) is that he never played QB and he was never QB coach or a passing coordinator. I think that all else equal, that would be something I'd want as an owner in today's league.

Bienemy seems like his strength is as a motivator. He'd have to prove to me that he could be all the things you'd want out of an OC as head coach or that he could be a CEO type with a strong OC and DC.
I think code for "not a great interviewer" means his answers for multiple DUIs which got him banned from CUs campus for awhile and being possibly involved in a sexual misconduct scandal are a tough sell.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:32 PM 01-08-2021
Could be a similar situation to Zimmer not getting a job for years.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/s...outputType=amp
[Reply]
Mecca 11:42 PM 01-08-2021
Apparently the Chargers are strongly considering hiring Jason Garrett.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:46 PM 01-08-2021
He has to have a fatal flaw in interviews that makes teams think he would be Peter principled into the job. He did tons of interviews and we would have probably heard by now if he got one of the head coach jobs out there.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:47 PM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Hahah. Good!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:48 PM 01-08-2021
Where's that coming from?
[Reply]
BossChief 11:51 PM 01-08-2021
As head coach?

:-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:59 PM 01-08-2021
When he wasn't hired last year I said he may be a bad interview guy. If all these teams say no then he definitely is.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:02 AM 01-09-2021
Really? Everything I’ve read says they want Daboll. I think Daboll is more likely.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:02 AM 01-09-2021
One has to wonder if the new rule hurts Eric’s chances of getting hired for a HC spot.

A few of the teams interested in him may go in a different direction because they may not want KC to get the extra picks.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:06 AM 01-09-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Really? Everything I’ve read says they want Daboll. I think Daboll is more likely.
I think that's possible also but yea they tend to do stupid shit.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:07 AM 01-09-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
One has to wonder if the new rule hurts Eric’s chances of getting hired for a HC spot.

A few of the teams interested in him may go in a different direction because they may not want KC to get the extra picks.
I doubt it, right now I think it's the Jets or he doesn't get one.

I've seen people rail him for his history and then say, he's an offensive coach under Reid which means he doesn't do much.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:09 AM 01-09-2021
If EB doesn’t get a head coaching job this year, he will be the next head coach of the Chiefs whenever Reid retires
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:27 AM 01-09-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Teams aren’t going to pass up on a HC who they like because it will give another team draft picks.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 72
« First < 289101112 131415162262 > Last »
Up