ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: How are you holding up?
10 - Life is good. Not sure what everyone's freaking out about. 26 10.97%
9 12 5.06%
8 36 15.19%
7 29 12.24%
6 18 7.59%
5 - Eh, it's fine, but not great. 64 27.00%
4 24 10.13%
3 9 3.80%
2 6 2.53%
1 3 1.27%
0 - Dude. This sucks hard. 10 4.22%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll
Page 52 of 59
« First < 2424849505152 53545556 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How are you holding up?
DaFace 09:22 PM 03-21-2020
Just curious how the community at large is holding up these days. That's all.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:27 PM 04-18-2020

[Reply]
lewdog 04:29 PM 04-18-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Damn. I need that mask for work! Nice.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:32 PM 04-18-2020
Nice pic.

Wasp, not you.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:34 PM 04-18-2020
I see Clay has given himself the #1 DIY haircut.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:36 PM 04-18-2020
I spent the afternoon cleaning out boxes of cords.

video/RCA/Red-white-yellow/RGB/Serial/USB printer/antenna/phone chargers/RJ11 cords/s-video/firewire,

Have 2 speaker selector splitters. An RF modulator and a Remote extender.

I called it my own personal Radio Shack. Who needs all that crap in today's world.

I sorted out and threw away tons of cords. Hopefully I can get rid of them at the county dump.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:50 PM 04-18-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I see Clay has given himself the #1 DIY haircut.
Not really. Just used the clippers on the sides. Tried to blend and failed miserably. I have some nice texture going there now with varying lengths.

No idea what the back looks like. :-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:50 PM 04-18-2020
I'm worried that my house is getting tired of having me around. Two days ago I turned a corner and somehow managed to smack my shoulder in the door frame, right on the shoulder joint. It hurt like you wouldn't believe and actually scraped the skin off. Then the next day I was padding around in socks and a nail on the hardwood floor snagged my sock and completely ripped it open and ruined it. I've lived in the house for 25 years and neither of these things has ever happened before.
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:51 PM 04-18-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I spent the afternoon cleaning out boxes of cords.

video/RCA/Red-white-yellow/RGB/Serial/USB printer/antenna/phone chargers/RJ11 cords/s-video/firewire,

Have 2 speaker selector splitters. An RF modulator and a Remote extender.

I called it my own personal Radio Shack. Who needs all that crap in today's world.

I sorted out and threw away tons of cords. Hopefully I can get rid of them at the county dump.
I seemed to have misplaced the power cord to my PS3 when I moved, do you have one of those sitting around by chance?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:52 PM 04-18-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I seemed to have misplaced the power cord to my PS3 when I moved, do you have one of those sitting around by chance?
No. Never had a PS3.
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:53 PM 04-18-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm worried that my house is getting tired of having me around. Two days ago I turned a corner and somehow managed to smack my shoulder in the door frame, right on the shoulder joint. It hurt like you wouldn't believe and actually scraped the skin off. Then the next day I was padding around in socks and a nail on the hardwood floor snagged my sock and completely ripped it open and ruined it. I've lived in the house for 25 years and neither of these things has ever happened before.
Well, you have to look at these things realistically, and then ask yourself "how long would I want to be around myself?"
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:54 PM 04-18-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
No. Never had a PS3.

[Reply]
Rain Man 04:58 PM 04-18-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Well, you have to look at these things realistically, and then ask yourself "how long would I want to be around myself?"
Now that you mention it, I'm surprised I've lasted this long.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 05:04 PM 04-18-2020
Not a tv watcher normally, just watch movies/sports/History Channel and now CNN. I know I know...fake news....but won't get off into that.

Seen more tv in the last month than I have in the preceding six months. I need to find out how things are going today, then tomorrow etc.

Just going to the store a real big deal, it's...

Judy...here put this on (handing me a mask she made) now don't get close to anyone, wear these gloves (sissy ass looking gloves, need them to push the cart) when you get back wash your hands before doing anything, ok?
Ubeja...yes mommy.
Judy....I need your checks, can't lose you.
Ubeja...cute!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:59 PM 04-18-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:45 PM 04-19-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
My mom is going to pass in the next few days. She has lived in a nursing home the last 6 years with Alzheimer's. She would not have survived this long, if it weren't for my dad. He took care of her at home until he couldn't any more. It took a stroke for him to realize it was time for her to go to a memory care unit. But once she moved to the nursing home, he still would still spend at least 5 hours a day there. Every day. He fed her every breakfast and every lunch. He had infinite patience in feeding her, talking through every bite or every sip. He'd play music for her too. He charted her temperature, her fluid intake, etc.

About a month ago, he got locked out of the nursing home. From a public health perspective, and for the health of the other residents it makes sense 100%. It wasn't good for her though. Skipping over the details, she has gone down hill since. He has been able to visit her the last three days. I'm thankful for that.

Maybe it is her time and would have happened in about this time frame regardless of circumstances, but in my mind her death will always be linked to the circumstances of this time. Under normal circumstances, of course I would have traveled back to KC for this. But my own family needs me here. At some point, we will hold a memorial service for her and I will be there for that.

A few words about my mom's life. She is one of 13 siblings who grew up on a farm in eastern Kansas. She's been married 59 years to my father. She leaves four sons, six grandchildren, and a dozen great grand children. I have nothing but fond memories of my childhood. My love of food and cooking come from her.

As to the thread question, I'm "okay". She hasn't recognized me for at least 10 years, so it many ways, I lost her a long time ago. Nevertheless, the finality of her passing hits hard. This post in part of my mourning in these strange days. Thanks for reading and I greatly appreciate your warm thoughts and prayers for me and my family.
Heartbreaking. She sounds like an unbelievable woman and she surely deserves an amazing husband like your father. Praying for you and your family, brother. Going through Alzheimer's with my mom right now. Can totally relate with you feeling like you've already lost her. Saw mine over Christmas and it was the first time she didn't know who I was. Most brutal thing I've ever experienced. Not an overly emotional guy but that almost brought me to my knees. It gets to the point where in a weird way you almost want them to pass so that you can talk to them again and so they can stop suffering.

Hang in there. That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
[Reply]
Page 52 of 59
« First < 2424849505152 53545556 > Last »
Up