ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Raiders GM Mike Mayock on Draft strategy
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:41 PM 04-11-2019
This is a pretty fun listen. No matter what he says you can tell he's under a ton of pressure to get this draft right because he used to be the draft guru . LOLOL. You can tell he's worn out worrying even though he says he's not. That being said i think he'll get it right for the Raiders and in two years they'll be easily 8-8.

[Reply]
JakeF 11:23 PM 04-13-2019
I can't believe they gave Gruden such a long contract. He won't last for half of it.
[Reply]
TEX 08:10 AM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
I agree the Mayock is under pressure to get the draft picks right. I think he's going to find out rather quickly, that it's one thing to critique teams and picks, and it's quite another to actually be the one pulling the trigger on the picks.

I remember when Mayock said Robert Aires was going to be the best pass rusher in the draft, he just needed time to develop. Wrong. What I saw when I watched the youtube videos of Aires was a slow first step, not a fast first step. Mayock said Aires had a quick first step but I saw the exact opposite, I thought he was slow off the snap. Anyhow, the Broncos ended up drafting Robert Aires and he was very mediocre. He wasn't bad, but he was nothing special either.
Bet he"s nowhere near as bad as Elway.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:31 AM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Maycock has to be under enormous pressure . Think about it. He's been a professional draft analyst getting paid big bucks for the last many years and NOW he's responsible for actually making those picks. If he fails his whole life gig is OVER with. I love it. But I think he'll do good for the Raiders.
Oh I get your point and on PR surface you are correct but Gruden is using Mayock's eye receives all his info then Gruden still makes the decision IMHO and why I said MM is the fall guy in the end. Gruden is not the type of guy to take over as coach only to ask for permission from a GM to get a guy. And neither is Reid.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:34 AM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Bet he"s nowhere near as bad as Elway.
Defensively Elway gets a B+ to A- on the defensive side of the ball BUT you are correct he gets an F on the offensive side for sure when you look at his tenure as GM.
[Reply]
TEX 09:42 AM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Defensively Elway gets a B+ to A- on the defensive side of the ball BUT you are correct he gets an F on the offensive side for sure when you look at his tenure as GM.
Naw, You give him too much credit. ANYONE could have made his defensive picks if they were picking in the top 10 like he was. Anyone. He gets a solid D, if you look at his tenure as GM post Manning. Last year's draft raised him above F.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:49 AM 04-14-2019
The Raiders draft this year is truly fascinating. Four picks total between pick 1 and pick 35, but not one single pick between 36 and 105.

Hit big on 3 or 4 of those early picks? They might be a true contender in a couple years. Miss big? They probably suck hard for another 3-5 years at least.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:14 AM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
I agree the Mayock is under pressure to get the draft picks right. I think he's going to find out rather quickly, that it's one thing to critique teams and picks, and it's quite another to actually be the one pulling the trigger on the picks.

I remember when Mayock said Robert Aires was going to be the best pass rusher in the draft, he just needed time to develop. Wrong. What I saw when I watched the youtube videos of Aires was a slow first step, not a fast first step. Mayock said Aires had a quick first step but I saw the exact opposite, I thought he was slow off the snap. Anyhow, the Broncos ended up drafting Robert Aires and he was very mediocre. He wasn't bad, but he was nothing special either.
Mayock may have actually been right though because you have to figure denver coaching has been a clown show
[Reply]
raidersnumber1 10:23 AM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
The Raiders draft this year is truly fascinating. Four picks total between pick 1 and pick 35, but not one single pick between 36 and 105.

Hit big on 3 or 4 of those early picks? They might be a true contender in a couple years. Miss big? They probably suck hard for another 3-5 years at least.
we just don't have a third round pick that was traded for AB. No 6th either. 2 sevenths.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:36 AM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Naw, You give him too much credit. ANYONE could have made his defensive picks if they were picking in the top 10 like he was. Anyone. He gets a solid D, if you look at his tenure as GM post Manning. Last year's draft raised him above F.
Not trying to :-) you here but top 10 status is waaaaaay overrated and there have been many busts in the top 10. There is NO GUARANTEE on anyone that they will develop into Top 10 status just because they were taken there in the draft.

Review his defensive draft picks. Malik Jackson, Miller, Wolfe, Unrein, Harris, Trevathian, Harris Jr., Simmons, Parks, Chubb,etc....my guess is Elway is not even responsible for those defensive picks and just trusted his scouts on the defensive side IMHO but he does get a B+ to A- because he IS the GM.

Now with that said, I agree with you a 100% he has been an immense failure as a GM post Manning because his true lack of offensive personnel acumen is being exposed now. He truly is the "King with no clothes on" that struts down the street as IF they are a playoff contender every year.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:25 AM 04-14-2019
Elway just hasn't hit on the QB position since Manning, seriously. He found his RB , courtland Sutton and Jake Butt has just been injured. He gets a top 15 QB and they can easily move to 6-10
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:21 PM 04-14-2019
Once Elway got out of the top 10, his defensive picks have been shit. Bradley Roby? lol.

Stop giving horseass credit he doesn't deserve. Hell, he probably didn't even MAKE those picks in the top 10.
[Reply]
jdubya 04:07 PM 04-14-2019
Hmmmmmm

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...-the-meantime/

Trade scenario No. 2
Oakland gets: Wilson, Giants pick at 37, and Giants 2020 1st round pick
Seattle gets: Oakland's picks at 4, 24 and 27
Giants get: Derek Carr
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:19 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by raidersnumber1:
Even the haters recognize MayGOAT is destined for greatness.

Raiders are taking the division THIS YEAR. Bookmark this post.
I predict the Raiders win total next season will exceed the average IQ of their fans. Six.
[Reply]
ROYC75 04:35 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by raidersnumber1:
Even the haters recognize MayGOAT is destined for greatness.

Raiders are taking the division THIS YEAR. Bookmark this post.
Seriously, I want you to go look in the mirror!

Take a good look! Remember that look!

Now the reality of this is, THAT COMMENT IS DUMBER THAN YOU LOOK! A LOT ****ING DUMBER!

Now go get some medical help!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:40 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Elway just hasn't hit on the QB position since Manning, seriously. He found his RB , courtland Sutton and Jake Butt has just been injured. He gets a top 15 QB and they can easily move to 6-10
He has missed 2x on the QB, missed on OL, missed on TEs, missed on WRs until this last year, missed on RBs and Lindsay doesn't count because he is an UDFA. Sutton and Paradis are really his 'only' offensive gems to this point post Manning.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up