Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:38 PM 05-23-2018
Ozuna overslept.

We went from 'play a hard 9' to our big-time offseason acquisition missing a start because he hit the snooze button.

Hell of a work ethic you've instilled in these guys, Mike.
[Reply]
kcpasco 02:40 PM 05-23-2018
“Players coach”
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:41 PM 05-23-2018
What a terribly lackluster shit baseball team.
[Reply]
kcpasco 02:43 PM 05-23-2018
Starting pitching seems to care. Maybe we can keep the pitching coach and fire the rest.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:43 PM 05-23-2018
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Starting pitching seems to care. Maybe we can keep the pitching coach and fire everyone else.
Seriously, HTF does Mabry still have a job?
[Reply]
kcpasco 02:44 PM 05-23-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Seriously, HTF does Mabry still have a job?
He prays with Mike.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:49 PM 05-23-2018
He prays with Mike.
By most accounts, this is completely accurate.

The rumor is that DeWitt won't let Mozeliak fire Matheny and Matheny won't fire Mabry.

Personally, I think that's as likely as not to be a chickenshit leak from Mozeliak (because this is effectively his organization and if he put his dick on the table and says 'he goes or I go', Mike Matheny goes; Mozeliak just doesn't have the juevos to fire Mikey Dreamboat and upset the casual fan), but I don't doubt for one second that the personal relationship between 'Mabes' and Matheny is the only reason he's still here.

And I have said this about hires in the past but it's a simple question to ask - if this guy were fired, would have have a similar job within...12 months? If not, then this is employment based on nepotism, nostalgia or cronyism and nothing more.

Mozeliak would get some kind of GM style gig if the Cardinals fired him. I'm not convinced Matheny would get a managers job (Brenley never got another sniff) and I know Mabry couldn't get a job as a hitting coordinator in AAA.

There's no real justification for John Mabry continuing to have a job on this team.
[Reply]
kcpasco 02:55 PM 05-23-2018
Yeah maybe with some better coaching Wong would quit being such a complete dumbass at the plate. I’m definitely on the fire Matheny and Mabry wagon.
[Reply]
kcpasco 03:26 PM 05-23-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
By most accounts, this is completely accurate.

The rumor is that DeWitt won't let Mozeliak fire Matheny and Matheny won't fire Mabry.

Personally, I think that's as likely as not to be a chickenshit leak from Mozeliak (because this is effectively his organization and if he put his dick on the table and says 'he goes or I go', Mike Matheny goes; Mozeliak just doesn't have the juevos to fire Mikey Dreamboat and upset the casual fan), but I don't doubt for one second that the personal relationship between 'Mabes' and Matheny is the only reason he's still here.

And I have said this about hires in the past but it's a simple question to ask - if this guy were fired, would have have a similar job within...12 months? If not, then this is employment based on nepotism, nostalgia or cronyism and nothing more.

Mozeliak would get some kind of GM style gig if the Cardinals fired him. I'm not convinced Matheny would get a managers job (Brenley never got another sniff) and I know Mabry couldn't get a job as a hitting coordinator in AAA.

There's no real justification for John Mabry continuing to have a job on this team.

Maybe after year 3 of not even qualifying for a wildcard game, DeWitt will have to give in. I can’t imagine the natives will be happy continuing down this road of mediocrity.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:46 PM 05-23-2018
Maybe after year 3 of not even qualifying for a wildcard game, DeWitt will have to give in. I can’t imagine the natives will be happy continuing down this road of mediocrity.
Im Doing a lot of walking lately for exercise. It takes awhile to get in 4-5 miles. Been listening to some podcasts. Bernie and leitch? Is that the guys name? started one today called seeing Red.

Now l never cared for Bernie, don’t know this other guy but Bernie has always called out Matheny’s BS. They spent about 15 minutes discussing if Matheny’s support is wavering among Cardinal fans that has either supported him or tolerated him in the past. Bernie thinks his support is down.

He said when Holland got booed on Saturday he thinks the majority of the boos were for Matheny. He says the booing really escalated when Matheny emerged from the dugout. The calls on his show. The conversations he has around town with random fans. He told a story about a hard core Cardinals fans, a Dad and son that sat behind him at a game.

He was saying the stat and baseball geeks who understand the numbers have known how bad Matheny is for years. Now after 6 years the average, casual fan is seeing the same mistakes being made every year and no improvement. He thinks there is definitely a softening of support among the base for the Cardinals and Matheny is getting most of the blame.

If Joe lunchbucket, average church goer family man that Dewitt sees as his teams base is losing support, maybe Dewitt will reconsider his support of Matheny?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:55 PM 05-23-2018
He prays with Mike.
Because he’s Mathenys BFF is the only reason he still has a job.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:58 PM 05-23-2018
Ozuna overslept.

We went from 'play a hard 9' to our big-time offseason acquisition missing a start because he hit the snooze button.

Hell of a work ethic you've instilled in these guys, Mike.
is that confirmed info?

If so, there is no way he should have been pinch hitting. I don’t know what the “usual” penalty is for being so late you can’t make the lineup card but playing later in the game should not be allowed seems like a pretty low bar.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:14 PM 05-23-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
is that confirmed info?

If so, there is no way he should have been pinch hitting. I don’t know what the “usual” penalty is for being so late you can’t make the lineup card but playing later in the game should not be allowed seems like a pretty low bar.
Yep, by his own admission. His English isnt the best but best I could tell was he woke up when someone came to the house to check on him. For a team that went through the Kile thing, that's no bueno.

I'd give you 3-1 odds that it was a hangover.

This team and its leadership can eat a whole bucket of dicks.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:50 PM 05-23-2018
Yep, by his own admission. His English isnt the best but best I could tell was he woke up when someone came to the house to check on him. For a team that went through the Kile thing, that's no bueno.

I'd give you 3-1 odds that it was a hangover.

This team and its leadership can eat a whole bucket of dicks.
getting so drunk that you have a hangover the night before a day game.

You have the day off the rest of the day and Tomorrow.

If this is true, that’s a huge red flag.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:15 PM 05-24-2018
7 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 13 K for Reyes tonight. Holy fuck.
[Reply]
Page 87 of 301
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137187 > Last »
Up