Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:02 PM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
If it was a choice between Holland or Matheny. I’d give Holland a 5 year extension to get rid of Mike.
:-)I’d take that deal too.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:04 PM 05-22-2018
Wong has proven he can hit .280/.285 when he takes that ball to LF instead of trying to hit a home run every time up.
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:05 PM 05-22-2018
If only Brebbia would have started the 8th.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:09 PM 05-22-2018
Perfect ending to this shitstorm. Gyorko can’t even be bothered to make them throw down to first to get him out.
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:14 PM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Perfect ending to this shitstorm. Gyorko can’t even be bothered to make them throw down to first to get him out.
And they could have walked the ball to 1st to double up Pena. The manager is rotten.
[Reply]
Miles 09:19 PM 05-22-2018
Seems crazy Holland hasn’t been getting the removed closer treatment of nothing but low leverage until he gets his shit together.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:47 PM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by Miles:
Seems crazy Holland hasn’t been getting the removed closer treatment of nothing but low leverage until he gets his shit together.
I'd settle for the deposed Romanian dictator treatment of shooting him in the fucking face on live television.
[Reply]
Miles 10:17 PM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I'd settle for the deposed Romanian dictator treatment of shooting him in the fucking face on live television.
:-) Or that also works
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:35 PM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:43 AM 05-23-2018
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
I no longer blame Holland. Dude can’t pitch.
according to what l heard on the radio this am, the Cardinals asked him to go to the minors and get right after he blew that last game. He refused.

They can’t send him down unless he goes down there voluntarily according to MLB and players union rules.

Unless he goes down to get right, the Cardinals had better not pitch the guy again. If they do, it’s a big signal to the team and the fans, we don’t care if we win this game or not.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:21 AM 05-23-2018
according to what l heard on the radio this am, the Cardinals asked him to go to the minors and get right after he blew that last game. He refused.

They can’t send him down unless he goes down there voluntarily according to MLB and players union rules.

Unless he goes down to get right, the Cardinals had better not pitch the guy again. If they do, it’s a big signal to the team and the fans, we don’t care if we win this game or not.
He's a fucking cocksucker. He's clearly hurting the team, drawing the third largest salary, and he refuses to humble himself. I didn't think I could despise a reliever more than Franklin or Boggs, but he managed to race past them like Secretariat.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:30 AM 05-23-2018

Great, we've got our own Matt Harvey. Minus the success, of course. :-)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:39 AM 05-23-2018
There are 145 pitchers that have thrown 10 innings for the Cardinals since xFIP was measureable. The second worst pitcher has an xFIP of 6.28.

The worst is Greg Holland. It's 7.53.

He's making $14 million.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:00 AM 05-23-2018
The most amazing part about Holland was his preemptive laziness.

Most guys will get their long-term contract and then get lazy. They'll pack on 20 lbs, stop trying to improve and coast. Afterall, the money's guaranteed so why the hell not? Holland's been part of a WS title and two pennants. He's a multiple-time All Star and has saved 40+ multiple times.

All he cares about at this point is getting paid. And he was damn confident he was going to get paid this offseason when he turned down the Rockies QO. He was so confident, in fact, that he spent the offseason sitting ass and getting fat. Look at the toad; he's incredibly out of shape. Apart from being a lard-ass, he throws 6 pitches and looks gassed.

Holland got lazy BEFORE he got paid and then when the market didn't come together, it was too late for him to do anything about it. He got his paycheck; found another sucker when there was no reason at all to sign him for even half what we did. Good for him, I guess.

Now DFA his ass. It's just another blunder from Mozeliak but at least its an easily escapable one. He's not committed to his craft as his refusal to report to the minors and his off-season 'routine' clearly demonstrates. His delivery is all moving parts and effort so the odds of it just clicking while he's trying to shed 20 lbs and figure out how to work with diminished velocity are effectively zero.

Reyes needs a 40 man spot next week. The answer is an obvious one.
[Reply]
bdj23 10:19 AM 05-23-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Great, we've got our own Matt Harvey. Minus the success, of course. :-)
He needs to either be sent packing or be the mop up man. Preferably packing, because Matheny is too stupid not to send him out there in a high leverage situation.
[Reply]
Page 85 of 301
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135185 > Last »
Up