Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:14 PM 05-19-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
l haven’t. We just need more offense.
Biggest culprits are Carpenter and Fowler. They shouldn't be hitting below .200 the entire season.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:37 PM 05-19-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Biggest culprits are Carpenter and Fowler. They shouldn't be hitting below .200 the entire season.
Marp is hitting below .200 since July of last year, something around 93 games, this isn't a blip.

And Matheny's dumb ass has him hitting 2nd again today.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:48 PM 05-19-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Don't give up on Ozuna yet.

Honestly, I don't know the **** you upgrade this team aside from acquiring Machado or dumping Fowler(which isn't and shouldn't happen).

I actually like the Cardinals approach regarding the BP and viewing it as volatile. The rotation is fine and is better with Wainwright being out of it.
Uhhh, the Cardinals may be spending more money on the bullpen this year with fewer results than any team in baseball. They've sunk $21 million into Holland and Cecil alone. The Cardinals do precisely the *wrong* thing when approaching the bullpen, not that it really matters with Matheny grinding them all into dog food. Look at what he did to Siegrist, Rosenthal, and Maness (and what he would have done to Carlos). At least those guys were cheap when he ruined them.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:07 PM 05-19-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Uhhh, the Cardinals may be spending more money on the bullpen this year with fewer results than any team in baseball. They've sunk $21 million into Holland and Cecil alone. The Cardinals do precisely the *wrong* thing when approaching the bullpen, not that it really matters with Matheny grinding them all into dog food. Look at what he did to Siegrist, Rosenthal, and Maness (and what he would have done to Carlos). At least those guys were cheap when he ruined them.
there may be a correlation. Every reliever in baseball and or their agents have to know what Matheny does to relievers. The Cardinals have to overpay to get relievers in a Matheny managed bullpen.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:22 PM 05-19-2018
I was referring more to how they moved guys up and down from Memphis more this season like Gant, Mayers, Tui, Brebbia(though I think he should be up full time), etc.

I think the Gregerson signing is stupid. Holland, I don't have an issue with per se, but I have an issue with when he was signed. I don't think he would have been struggling as much if he'd be signed in spring training.

If you're going to talk about him grinding relievers, Matheny's use of Bowman should deserve criticism.

But getting back to my point, IDK what the Cardinals could due to improve more aside from moving on from Carpenter and Fowler in addition to acquiring Machado. Ozuna is a massive upgrade over Grichuk. Pham is fantastic. Wong is playing great. DeJong has been fine(losing him is going to suck). Martinez, as much as I don't like him full time starting, has been fine. Gyorko should be getting more playing time. And the rotation with Mikolas/Wacha/Martinez/Flaherty/Reyes(whenever he comes back)/Weaver/Gant should be more than fine to get through the season.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:22 PM 05-19-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
there may be a correlation. Every reliever in baseball and or their agents have to know what Matheny does to relievers. The Cardinals have to overpay to get relievers in a Matheny managed bullpen.
The solution is pretty easy, IMO. Find failed starters with decent velocity, change them to the pen, and see which ones work out. Don't pay for established FA relievers. Ever.

Basically, look for a poor man's Chris Archer--a two pitch pitcher with good velocity. Also, Chris Archer is the most overrated player in baseball by a massive margin.
[Reply]
bdj23 01:36 PM 05-19-2018
Philly just gifted us 3 runs there.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:50 PM 05-19-2018
The solution is pretty easy, IMO. Find failed starters with decent velocity, change them to the pen, and see which ones work out. Don't pay for established FA relievers. Ever.

Basically, look for a poor man's Chris Archer--a two pitch pitcher with good velocity. Also, Chris Archer is the most overrated player in baseball by a massive margin.
Cecil looks like he may be rounding into 2016 form and Holland is on a 1 year deal for a reason and really its not a big deal as far as hamstringing them $ wise.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:52 PM 05-19-2018
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Their defense this whole series has been pretty poor.
[Reply]
bdj23 02:02 PM 05-19-2018
These guys are fucking terrible
[Reply]
kcpasco 02:04 PM 05-19-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Their defense this whole series has been pretty poor.
Well JoMart just gifted 2 runs back to them. He’s like a baby giraffe playing defense at 1st.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:06 PM 05-19-2018
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Well JoMart just gifted 2 runs back to them. He’s like a baby giraffe playing defense at 1st.
No shit. He would be trade bait if I was Mo. He needs to go to an AL team.
[Reply]
Miles 02:09 PM 05-19-2018
Gregerson, Cecil and Holland combine for roughly 26m this year and have a -.08 WAR combined at the moment. Cecil has been the best of them so far by only throwing for 2.2?innings.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:45 PM 05-19-2018
Originally Posted by BDj23:
gyrko and or Martinez gifted them 2 runs.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:56 PM 05-19-2018
Originally Posted by Miles:
Gregerson, Cecil and Holland combine for roughly 26m this year and have a -.08 WAR combined at the moment. Cecil has been the best of them so far by only throwing for 2.2?innings.
matheny chewing up relievers cost that $26 million. I think until Matheny is gone, Hamas has the right idea.
[Reply]
Page 79 of 301
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179 > Last »
Up