ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 197 of 256
« First < 97147187193194195196197 198199200201207247 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:18 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I get that but you can't blame them for exploring every argument there is to be had. If MS gets the deal they want with no strings, it's going to be a big blow to gaming in general, let alone to Sony themselves.
My question is when does this start to cross into that anti competitive realm and raise the eyebrows of the government.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:20 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Thanks for making me spend $70. :-)
Someone on Wired reviewed it and gave it a 1/10. Hope that helps keeping you from spending $70.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:28 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Someone on Wired reviewed it and gave it a 1/10. Hope that helps keeping you from spending $70.
Yeah, their resident transgender reviewer who mostly reviews sex toys gave it a big "yikes" 1/10 because J.K. Rowling is the debil.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:30 PM 03-10-2023
Yeah I think putting bugs in a game to get after a competitor is stupid, or at least if they do it they think gamers are stupid. I can’t think of the last game that had bugs and I blamed it on a system.
It happens quite a bit that a game has system-specific bugs. But the idea that it would be done maliciously, with forethought, yeah I've never heard of that happening.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:32 PM 03-10-2023
My question is when does this start to cross into that anti competitive realm and raise the eyebrows of the government.
It already has. It would already be done if the US government hadn't gotten involved. The EU rubber stamped it pretty quickly, despite the fact that it's an American company buying a fairly significant European corporation.

Unfortunately for MS, they not only have a track record of being anti-competitive but they've been successfully sued for it in the past. Their reputation is hurting them with US regulatory more than anything else.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:42 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Yeah, their resident transgender reviewer who mostly reviews sex toys gave it a big "yikes" 1/10 because J.K. Rowling is the debil.
Very true, just was trying to give the one negative review for him. :-)
[Reply]
Bump 09:51 PM 03-10-2023
well I finally got the platinum trophy for Hades. Easily the best game that's come out for playstation in years. Wish Hades II would come out at the same time it does for PC, but looking forward to it.
[Reply]
hometeam 07:23 AM 03-11-2023
Anyone that gave hogwarts legacy a 1/10 did it because of some woke cult ideology.

Its a gorgeous game, with combat highly reminiscent of Arkham games or Shadows of War, but a bit more whimsical and story driven.

Its also got its issues, like there are only about 6 different types of enemies, side quests can get old etc.

I have about 35 hours in at this point and done about 50% of the story and 50% of the side stuff. Next thing on the list is unlocking avra kedavra and ima start killing the fuck out of people.

7.5/10 is a realistic view of this game
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:39 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by Bump:
well I finally got the platinum trophy for Hades. Easily the best game that's come out for playstation in years. Wish Hades II would come out at the same time it does for PC, but looking forward to it.
You are going to love Returnal dude.
[Reply]
Bump 04:23 PM 03-11-2023
You are going to love Returnal dude.
I'm still on the fence, I was looking around and it sounded like people were saying it's kind of a movie game with tons of cutscenes and that never appeals to me. Is that true?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:42 PM 03-11-2023
I'm still on the fence, I was looking around and it sounded like people were saying it's kind of a movie game with tons of cutscenes and that never appeals to me. Is that true?
In my near 20 hours of playtime, I've been "subjected" to at most 10 minutes of story related elements. It's a miniscule part of the experience, and almost every moment you aren't playing the game can be skipped by holding down a button. It's a video game ass video game, there is barely any story elements to get in the way of just playing. As a fellow Hades lover (And one close to beating the Epilogue), I don't think you should skip Returnal.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:43 PM 03-11-2023
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Anyone that gave hogwarts legacy a 1/10 did it because of some woke cult ideology.

Its a gorgeous game, with combat highly reminiscent of Arkham games or Shadows of War, but a bit more whimsical and story driven.

Its also got its issues, like there are only about 6 different types of enemies, side quests can get old etc.

I have about 35 hours in at this point and done about 50% of the story and 50% of the side stuff. Next thing on the list is unlocking avra kedavra and ima start killing the fuck out of people.

7.5/10 is a realistic view of this game
So it’s a pretty short game? I definitely plan to get it, just will wait till it inevitably goes on sale at some point. I can’t remember the last game I paid full price for.
[Reply]
Bump 06:09 PM 03-11-2023
In my near 20 hours of playtime, I've been "subjected" to at most 10 minutes of story related elements. It's a miniscule part of the experience, and almost every moment you aren't playing the game can be skipped by holding down a button. It's a video game ass video game, there is barely any story elements to get in the way of just playing. As a fellow Hades lover (And one close to beating the Epilogue), I don't think you should skip Returnal.
right on, it sounds cool. I might grab it next time I see it on sale or something. There's quite a few games coming out in the next few months that I'm interested in though, mainly D4.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:29 PM 03-11-2023
right on, it sounds cool. I might grab it next time I see it on sale or something. There's quite a few games coming out in the next few months that I'm interested in though, mainly D4.
Yeah I am pretty excited for Diablo 4.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:56 PM 03-11-2023
Yeah I am pretty excited for Diablo 4.
Returnal has hardly any story tbh I never noticed much of it. I know D4 will be a great game but I don't like the non trading aspects. You can't trade with your buddies other than what you can trade to anyone which is rares and lower. Last Epoch is really fun, would suggest you look at it if you like Diablo style games, reminds me the most of Diablo 2 of anything released since.
[Reply]
Page 197 of 256
« First < 97147187193194195196197 198199200201207247 > Last »
Up