ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 147 of 256
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157197247 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:29 AM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Yeah, I'm bummed out that more games don't have an 'old farts' mode.

Even games like AC where you might be able to use stealth instead of FPS...

At some point you inevitably get in combat.

But worse, where as you can sometimes set the combat to easy, they don't usually let you set stealth to easy or the complicated jumps between buildings to easy.
I soured on Assassin's Creed years ago. IIRC I crapped out on the second or third one. Got sick of all the jumping, climbing and timed missions where you had to jump and climb to exact spots.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:44 AM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I soured on Assassin's Creed years ago. IIRC I crapped out on the second or third one. Got sick of all the jumping, climbing and timed missions where you had to jump and climb to exact spots.
You should definitely try the newer games. Starting with Unity, they pretty much abandoned the strict mission objectives. The games now allow you to solve problems your own way, whether that's stealth or whatever.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:19 AM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I will say that Odyssey and Valhalla are nothing like that at all.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:09 AM 02-15-2022
Yep, I mentioned that I recently played Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla. I fired up Unity for about 30 minutes last night and it legitimately feels like a different game.

I like both styles, but I did not expect such a stark contrast.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:13 AM 02-15-2022
Anyone else on pins and needles waiting for their Steam Deck?
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:28 AM 02-15-2022
Anyone have a console for sale?
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:29 AM 02-15-2022
PS4 or XBox One or N64 w. good controllers...?
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:29 AM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Anyone else on pins and needles waiting for their Steam Deck?
i am for Dying Light 2 :-)
[Reply]
Fish 12:21 PM 02-15-2022
Personally, I really hate stealth play in games. Especially the forced stealth missions. Those are the worst!

If I can't Leroy Jenkins my way through the game, I get bored with it.

Dark Souls games? Fuck that, not enjoyable...
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:28 PM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Personally, I really hate stealth play in games. Especially the forced stealth missions. Those are the worst!

Ditto. Dying Light 2 looks like a game i'd give up on early.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:30 PM 02-15-2022

The later AC games don't force you to stealth but it definitely provides and advantage. I play quite a few hunting sims which are stealth extreme. I love sitting in a hunting stand and waiting. It's relaxing when you don't have wave after wave of zombies coming at you.

Totally agree.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:17 PM 02-15-2022
Reminds me of my Skyrim runs. I'd always tell myself try to focus on sneak and bow/arrow builds but 20 minutes later I'm dual-wielding axes, running straight into a fortress.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:34 PM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Reminds me of my Skyrim runs. I'd always tell myself try to focus on sneak and bow/arrow builds but 20 minutes later I'm dual-wielding axes, running straight into a fortress.
:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 01:58 PM 02-15-2022
I was just the opposite - I loved sniping in Skyrim.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:11 PM 02-15-2022
I am definitely a hybrid on those. I sneak up on as many as I can, but when I inevitably get discovered I go full Conan the Barbarian.
[Reply]
Page 147 of 256
« First < 4797137143144145146147 148149150151157197247 > Last »
Up