ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 126
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:35 PM 04-25-2014
THAT.

While I've never read the graphic novels, its extremely hard to imagine any other comic book movie being so true and so honestly different in its take of comic book heroes.

They were just as human as you and I, painfully so.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:03 PM 04-25-2014
What was human about the blue dude with his dick hanging out?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:03 PM 04-25-2014
I guess he did have a dick. That's pretty human..
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:37 PM 04-25-2014
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
What was human about the blue dude with his dick hanging out?
Dr Osterman is a creation nearly beyond his control, how REAL do you expect an atomic/human hybrid in a comic book movie to be?

The movie went waaay off base with the original novel... but it kept the SPIRIT alive, the hero's who're basically human and fallible to all of our weaknesses.

Beating their wives etc, nothings perfect in the Watchmen, even the hero's themselves.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:39 PM 04-25-2014
Whatever, dude. I hated that movie. I don't even wanna talk about it.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:45 PM 04-25-2014
We'll both live through it, good night.
[Reply]
Valiant 02:33 AM 04-26-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The various Justice League incarnations on Cartoon Network were the best comic-based animated series ever done, so they can work as a group. Of course that's no guarantee it'll be the same in Hollywood. It's a miracle the avengers was a success.
All of the comic animated series rock. You can do stuff with them that looks stupid or too expensive for live action.

I agree, I think it is going to fail. They can get some cameos in SvB, but it will not be like how Marvel did it, it will fill rushed and not enough of the character.
The JL is basically a couple of godlike characters facing godlike enemies. Well you have to face godlike enemies or it will seem weak.

And how do you get all of those characters that a lot of people outside of supes and batman will not have any idea of, in a 2 hour movie?
[Reply]
Valiant 02:35 AM 04-26-2014
I enjoyed watchmen, dark real side of superheroes existed. Almost like Sin City.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:24 AM 04-26-2014
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I enjoyed watchmen, dark real side of superheroes existed. Almost like Sin City.
Same here.

It was a story about people and the extremes they'll go to for what they believe is right.

There really weren't any super heroes in that - just Dr. Hugebluecock...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:32 AM 04-26-2014
All of the comic animated series rock. You can do stuff with them that looks stupid or too expensive for live action.

I agree, I think it is going to fail. They can get some cameos in SvB, but it will not be like how Marvel did it, it will fill rushed and not enough of the character.
The JL is basically a couple of godlike characters facing godlike enemies. Well you have to face godlike enemies or it will seem weak.

And how do you get all of those characters that a lot of people outside of supes and batman will not have any idea of, in a 2 hour movie?
I don't think it will fail, although it most likely won't be as good as what Marvel is doing.

Probably on the level of XMen. the XMen movies were basically Avengers movies before all that. Multiple Superheros.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Rausch 07:56 AM 04-26-2014
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I don't think it will fail, although it most likely won't be as good as what Marvel is doing.

Probably on the level of XMen. the XMen movies were basically Avengers movies before all that. Multiple Superheros.
Posted via Mobile Device
At the time I thought the Xflix were good stuff.

They really don't hold up well over time - and it's not just due to dated CG...
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:38 PM 04-26-2014
I'm not a fan of the recent direction they've gone, they're making all these shows for the under 7 crowd now. Even the new Avengers series that took over for (the really good) Earth's Mightiest Heroes. The new Teen Titans shows are awful. I enjoyed the new Beware the Batman (which is about to come back very late at night to finish its run) but it had a lot of goofy shit, too. The Ultimate Spiderman show isn't very good. I've watched most of Hulk and the Agents of SMASH, but it's about as mature as you'd expect it to be based on the title...

Not that I can really complain too much about that, kids shows on a kids network being designed for...kids. But part of what made the shows in the 90s and 00s good was that they were as entertaining for adults as they were for kids. They've lost that now.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:21 PM 04-26-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I'm not a fan of the recent direction they've gone, they're making all these shows for the under 7 crowd now. Even the new Avengers series that took over for (the really good) Earth's Mightiest Heroes. The new Teen Titans shows are awful. I enjoyed the new Beware the Batman (which is about to come back very late at night to finish its run) but it had a lot of goofy shit, too. The Ultimate Spiderman show isn't very good. I've watched most of Hulk and the Agents of SMASH, but it's about as mature as you'd expect it to be based on the title...

Not that I can really complain too much about that, kids shows on a kids network being designed for...kids. But part of what made the shows in the 90s and 00s good was that they were as entertaining for adults as they were for kids. They've lost that now.

Young Justice was badass
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:21 AM 04-27-2014
Yeah it was, ended too soon. I think it marked what appears to be the beginning of the end. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was the next to go.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:05 PM 04-27-2014
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Young Justice was badass
I keep hoping against hope that Cartoon Network will pick up and revive Young Justice on their Saturday night schedule with the other anime shows. It would be a perfect home for that series.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 126
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Up