ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 123 of 126
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126 >
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 10:05 PM 07-24-2016
Killing Joke drops tomorrow, fyi, bitches!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:50 AM 07-25-2016
So, there's a guy that's traveled 27.1 million light years to Earth, has the same exact anatomy as the dominant species, grows up in Kansas while hiding super human abilities, an immortal Amazonian woman spawned by the Greek god of Zeus and a multi-billionaire that dresses up as a bat while delivering routine vigilante justice but "Martha" is not believable.

Makes sense.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:46 AM 07-25-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
So, there's a guy that's traveled 27.1 million light years to Earth, has the same exact anatomy as the dominant species, grows up in Kansas while hiding super human abilities, an immortal Amazonian woman spawned by the Greek god of Zeus and a multi-billionaire that dresses up as a bat while delivering routine vigilante justice but "Martha" is not believable.

Makes sense.

Shitty argument
[Reply]
Fish 09:49 AM 07-25-2016

Makes sense.
That's not it at all. I can suspend belief and get behind the idea of a guy that's traveled 27.1M light years to Earth, as well as an immortal Amazonian, and bat vigilante. That's not really difficult to be honest, that's just typical fantasy sci-fi. What I can't get behind is the idea that with all that in addition to the actual plot of the entire movie, and the plot device used to end Superman and Batman's feud and bring them together was as trivial and insignificant as the matching names of their respective mothers. That was the lynchpin bringing the two heroes together. It was just an incredibly stupid plot device. It didn't make any sense in light of everything else happening. Really poor writing that did not connect with viewers at all. There were a hundred different ways they could have brought the two together that would have been better accepted, and they chose one of the dumbest and most unreasonable. The result was awkward and lame and will forever flaw the movie. Just because it's a sci-fi movie with lots of wild sci-fi themes, that doesn't justify using epically dumb plot devices to bring it together.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:02 AM 07-25-2016
Originally Posted by Fish:
That's not it at all. I can suspend belief and get behind the idea of a guy that's traveled 27.1M light years to Earth, as well as an immortal Amazonian, and bat vigilante. That's not really difficult to be honest, that's just typical fantasy sci-fi. What I can't get behind is the idea that with all that in addition to the actual plot of the entire movie, and the plot device used to end Superman and Batman's feud and bring them together was as trivial and insignificant as the matching names of their respective mothers. That was the lynchpin bringing the two heroes together. It was just an incredibly stupid plot device. It didn't make any sense in light of everything else happening. Really poor writing that did not connect with viewers at all. There were a hundred different ways they could have brought the two together that would have been better accepted, and they chose one of the dumbest and most unreasonable. The result was awkward and lame and will forever flaw the movie. Just because it's a sci-fi movie with lots of wild sci-fi themes, that doesn't justify using epically dumb plot devices to bring it together.
Agree to disagree
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:22 AM 07-25-2016
"He saved the Earth"

He's got to die.

"He killed the only members of his own people that he's ever known"

**** him. He's meat.

"He showed humanity and compassion by not killing you when he could easily have done so"

That's nice. He's still got to die. He's basically a god, and he could kill us all if he wished. He's just too dangerous to let live. The future of the entire human race is at stake here.

"His adoptive mom's name is Martha"

Really? Well, shit, that changes everything. He and I are now besties!
[Reply]
Fish 10:47 AM 07-25-2016
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
"He saved the Earth"

He's got to die.

"He killed the only members of his own people that he's ever known"

**** him. He's meat.

"He showed humanity and compassion by not killing you when he could easily have done so"

That's nice. He's still got to die. He's basically a god, and he could kill us all if he wished. He's just too dangerous to let live. The future of the entire human race is at stake here.

"His adoptive mom's name is Martha"

Really? Well, shit, that changes everything. He and I are now besties!
Yeah, exactly. Batman believed he was too powerful to be trusted, had already shown disregard for damage to innocents, and the future of all civilization could be at stake. Which was all painstakingly explained multiple times in multiple ways, and played out to the point of Batman raising the spear ready to murder him. But a retarded plot device like the similarity of their mother's names is all it took to dismiss all that and become instant crime-fighting bosom buddies.

Just painfully dumb. Batman is one of the most brilliant tacticians ever. The whole thing is just completely out of character and makes little sense with regards to the rest of the plot. There's no way you can explain it away as anything other than bad writing.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:58 AM 07-25-2016
Just painfully dumb. Batman is one of the most brilliant tacticians ever. The whole thing is just completely out of character and makes little sense with regards to the rest of the plot. There's no way you can explain it away as anything other than bad writing.
And I saw as a simple revelation. Superman is more human than alien and cares more about others, especially his mother, than himself.

At that point, Batman/Bruce Wayne realizes that he was all wrong about Superman and that they have a lot more in common than he could have ever realized without that moment.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:12 AM 07-25-2016
They'd have been much better off having Supes yell out "They're going to kill my mom!"
[Reply]
Fish 11:17 AM 07-25-2016
And I saw as a simple revelation. Superman is more human than alien and cares more about others, especially his mother, than himself.

At that point, Batman/Bruce Wayne realizes that he was all wrong about Superman and that they have a lot more in common than he could have ever realized without that moment.
At that point? Like Batman wasn't able to conclude that Superman was actually a good guy until then? Batman, the greatest detective ever with limitless resources? And he was uncertain before and 100% ready to thrust a spear into his chest, until he finds out their mom's have the same name? That moment?

Nah, man. That's just stupid lazy writing.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:25 AM 07-25-2016
At that point? Like Batman wasn't able to conclude that Superman was actually a good guy until then? Batman, the greatest detective ever with limitless resources? And he was uncertain before and 100% ready to thrust a spear into his chest, until he finds out their mom's have the same name? That moment?

Nah, man. That's just stupid lazy writing.
Again, I disagree.

You're using his comic book backstory as a basis for your opinion, while someone like me, who's never read a single comic book, ever, is basing it on the film at hand.

I'm not stating that you're wrong about the character but that we have a different perspective.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:51 PM 07-25-2016
If you turn off your brain it is a good summer popcorn flick.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:37 PM 07-25-2016
Again, I disagree.

You're using his comic book backstory as a basis for your opinion, while someone like me, who's never read a single comic book, ever, is basing it on the film at hand.

I'm not stating that you're wrong about the character but that we have a different perspective.
You're wrong on this. It's not even something that's open to a so-called different perspective.A guy who's so dangerous that he has to be killed is suddenly not so dangerous that he has to be killed, because his mommy's name matches batman's mommy's name.

It's just ****ing horrible.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:25 PM 07-25-2016

Really, this is it. From someone who didn't even hate the movie, it was contrived.

Legit top 5 most nonsensical scene in film history.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:26 PM 07-25-2016
You're wrong on this. It's not even something that's open to a so-called different perspective.A guy who's so dangerous that he has to be killed is suddenly not so dangerous that he has to be killed, because his mommy's name matches batman's mommy's name.

Wrong?

:-)

You don't get to fucking tell ME what I like and don't like, you fucking troll.

Fuck off.
[Reply]
Page 123 of 126
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126 >
Up