ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 121 of 126
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 01:08 AM 06-29-2016
On an obvious but negative note, Doomsday still sucks.

Still looks like the offspring of Abomination fistfucked an Orc .
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 02:18 AM 06-29-2016
Originally Posted by tk13:
I wouldn't be surprised if it was better. There were some other fair criticisms, but my biggest and first complaint... it was like four movies crammed into one. Batman/Superman, Lex Luthor, and Justice League setup... and after all that, oh yeah let's throw in Doomsday. There were some decent ideas in there, they just didn't get time to breathe.
I can agree that they bit off more than they could chew to try and get in the game. I just hope that they took their lumps and are able to start churning out some quality movies now.

I read somewhere that Ben Affleck has been promoted to executive producer for Justice League and anything involving Batman requires his seal of approval before writing script. I have a feeling, if Batman does well, Affleck will replace Snyder before this is all over.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:11 AM 06-29-2016
I've heard that once you go UC edition you won't go back to theatrical. I've seen nothing but positive on this and it has improved the movie. Doomsday was a mistake and should've been saved for later but too late now. I'm excited to see this new edition. It's changed some people from not liking it to liking it or going from a 6/10 to an 8/10
[Reply]
Fish 11:21 AM 06-29-2016
UC version has been out for a week or so on alternative sources. It's better for sure. Doesn't make it perfect by any means. But it does improve the movie considerably.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:17 PM 07-01-2016
You guys should also check out the animated movie "Batman The Dark Knight Returns Deluxe Edition"

It has a Superman vs Batman fight scene that the Dawn Of Justice movie was loosely based on. Great movie. The Joker and Two-Face are in it as well.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 01:24 PM 07-01-2016
Extender version is much better, explains stuff more

p.s. Gal Gadot is still a crappy wonder woman, in no way resembles an amazon.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:07 PM 07-04-2016
Just saw the UE... significantly better at pacing and important back story that was necessary. I'll never see the theatrical version again. This is the true cut that should've been in theaters. Really enjoyed it.
[Reply]
RobBlake 05:15 PM 07-04-2016
does UE give more confidence for Justice League
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:58 PM 07-04-2016
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
Yes and no.. I mean I haven't seen the UE yet but if it is so much better why can we see it and a billion-dollar company can't?

Hopefully Justice League will be good. There is hope at least.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:03 PM 07-04-2016
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
Gives me more confidence that they have heard the critics and got more DC people involved and can make things better going fwd. If I'd have to give a score being a fan of the characters...the theatrical cut is a 6/10 with ue boosting it to an 8/10 for me.

If you hate Lex or the end fight well it may not help you much. I did love the back story and pacing was way better. The motivation behind the hate towards each other and Lex's plan def is much more clear.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 06:17 PM 07-04-2016
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Yes and no.. I mean I haven't seen the UE yet but if it is so much better why can we see it and a billion-dollar company can't?

Hopefully UE will be good. There is hope at least.
Runtime pressure, UE driving BR and digital copy pressure?

Knock off a half hour or so, and that's an extra showing per day. The movie made probably 70% of its box office in the first 2 weeks.

So, if your window to gross as much as possible is a couple of weeks you maximize it. For example, if 1 theater can show the movie 6 times instead of 5 for just that 14 day period, you go from 70 screenings to 84. Average seating capacity is about 300 for a new release blockbuster.

Ticket price is about $14. So 1 extra showing per day up to ~ $4200, and that 14 day period has an additional $58,800.

It opened on at least 3000 screens. Add it up, because the studios certainly have, and that justifies putting pressure on keeping the theatrical cut trimmed down to maximize covering the budget and making a profit.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 04:06 PM 07-05-2016
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:

Knock off a half hour or so, and that's an extra showing per day. The movie made probably 70% of its box office in the first 2 weeks.

So, if your window to gross as much as possible is a couple of weeks you maximize it. For example, if 1 theater can show the movie 6 times instead of 5 for just that 14 day period, you go from 70 screenings to 84. Average seating capacity is about 300 for a new release blockbuster.

Ticket price is about $14. So 1 extra showing per day up to ~ $4200, and that 14 day period has an additional $58,800.

It opened on at least 3000 screens. Add it up, because the studios certainly have, and that justifies putting pressure on keeping the theatrical cut trimmed down to maximize covering the budget and making a profit.
exactly

fuck quality for quick money

They figure with most films only a certain demo is going to see it anyway, get all fast.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:49 AM 07-06-2016
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:

Maybe. They might have made a miscalculation seeing how badly the movie sales dropped from week 1 to week 2.. We'll never know for sure though.

I am really excited to see the UE movie.. Can't wait to grab it when it comes out on blu-ray.

I think they can learn from the mistakes they made with Batman vs Superman and make the justice league a solid movie.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:36 AM 07-06-2016
Garbage movie with a garbage Luthor. Pathetic.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:52 AM 07-06-2016
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Maybe. They might have made a miscalculation seeing how badly the movie sales dropped from week 1 to week 2.. We'll never know for sure though.

I am really excited to see the UE movie.. Can't wait to grab it when it comes out on blu-ray.

I think they can learn from the mistakes they made with Batman vs Superman and make the justice league a solid movie.
Uh, it's already out on BR.
[Reply]
Page 121 of 126
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125 > Last »
Up