ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 114 of 126
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:09 AM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Que?
Oops I meant wonder woman. Sorry guys..

Damn alcohol.
[Reply]
Valiant 09:18 AM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Snyder has shit all over Superman, and turned Batman into an obsessed, murderous, deranged would-be killer of a man who was clearly on the side of good, so I don't know why anyone would still be buying the nonsense about him caring about the comics and what is canon.
Umm, depending on the run of comic. Batman is a murderous killer of villains..
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:22 AM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The Batman warehouse fight scene?
Honestly, I think I have been spoiled by the Daredevil fight scenes. The second season ones are flat out amazing.

So Batman takes two rounds point blank right to the back of the head-nothing? The concussive shock wave would have knocked his ass out at a minimum.

Oh and then he gets stabbed through his costume in the chest. So a blade can penetrate the suit but not two bullets from a Glock? Dumb.

So he takes a chest wound and keeps on going?

The rest of the fight seemed mechanical / robotic and done before.

Oh and Batman trains to fight Superman with an old tractor tire and some pull ups. :-) He is a Billionaire and all he has is a tractor tire and sledge hammer. Fucking retarded. At least we know how he can lift a 5 thousand pound beam off a guys legs now. :-)

This scene is blatantly stolen right from Rocky 4.

Almost everything in this movie -was lifted from another movie.
Ex.
Superman being saved by Lois in the water- Stolen from Original Superman.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:24 AM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Oops I meant wonder woman. Sorry guys..

Damn alcohol.
Worst flat-chested Wonder Women of all time.

How long is that magic rope anyway. Obviously like 150 foot long at a minimum to go around the Ninja Turtle monster. :-)
[Reply]
thabear04 10:31 AM 04-07-2016

Just notice this was Maggie and Negan.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:42 AM 04-07-2016
I will agree that the whole Batman training to fight Superman by hitting the weights montage made no sense. You're not going to beat Supes with brute strength so that was pretty pointless.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:51 AM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by thabear04:

Just notice this was Maggie and Negan.
With Glenn's son

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:52 AM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I will agree that the whole Batman training to fight Superman by hitting the weights montage made no sense. You're not going to beat Supes with brute strength so that was pretty pointless.
Pretty sure Ben wanted to show off a bit...dude got jacked

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
JD10367 12:44 PM 04-07-2016
I'm one of the few who liked "Man of Steel", and this film--as a continuation of that one--wasn't all bad. I'm not sure exactly what people expected. As soon as I heard they were making the film, I thought, "Well, the fight will be one brief part near the end, and something will happen to make them quickly team up against Doomsday".

Affleck was better than I thought. Cavill does a good job with the role (I don't know why everyone loves Reeve's version, because the passage of time has made those films horrible). Gadot was not my idea of Wonder Woman but she does a good job. Yes, Eisenberg's Luthor sucked. Yes, they tried to pack way too much into the plot.

Has anyone seen "Iron Man 3"? What a total piece of shit that film was, with the red herring ass-****ing of every fanboy by what they did with the Mandarin, the stupid "Courtship of Eddie's Father" man-boy interaction, the ridiculous plot holes (like, why didn't Stark simply call in his robosuits)? How about the banality which was "Avengers 2"? Anyone remember the God-awful Batman films of Clooney and Kilmer? Some of the forgetful "X-Men" and "Spiderman" films? The horribleness of "Fantastic Four"s? Yes, they've hit it out of the park with the Captain America films, and "GotG" and "Deadpool", but people forget how trifling most of the Marvel films have been.

Ultimately I think the main problem is that the DC characters just don't translate well into film, aside from Batman--whose story was very adequately told by Nolan and acted by Bale. They're very cardboard-cutout caricatures and it's hard to make that interesting. So they're trying to flesh them out in the films to make them more like Marvel characters, and that's a lot to ask. Thus, people remember the campy Batman of Adam West and Tim Burton and expect that, or they remember the corny Americana of Reeve and expect that, and you can't deliver that--those days are long gone, and those interpretations won't fly in 2016. So instead people fawn over and jerk off over a POS film like "SW:TFA"--which IMO was a horrible film, simply a literal ripoff of the first three films--yet everyone loved it because it was a nostalgic trip down memory lane (same visuals, same music, same characters). As bad as "BvS" was, as a film it was still better plotted than "SW:TFA" yet no one bats an eye about that film. JMO.
[Reply]
Sully 12:51 PM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by JD10367:
I'm one of the few who liked "Man of Steel", and this film--as a continuation of that one--wasn't all bad. I'm not sure exactly what people expected. As soon as I heard they were making the film, I thought, "Well, the fight will be one brief part near the end, and something will happen to make them quickly team up against Doomsday".

Affleck was better than I thought. Cavill does a good job with the role (I don't know why everyone loves Reeve's version, because the passage of time has made those films horrible). Gadot was not my idea of Wonder Woman but she does a good job. Yes, Eisenberg's Luthor sucked. Yes, they tried to pack way too much into the plot.

Has anyone seen "Iron Man 3"? What a total piece of shit that film was, with the red herring ass-****ing of every fanboy by what they did with the Mandarin, the stupid "Courtship of Eddie's Father" man-boy interaction, the ridiculous plot holes (like, why didn't Stark simply call in his robosuits)? How about the banality which was "Avengers 2"? Anyone remember the God-awful Batman films of Clooney and Kilmer? Some of the forgetful "X-Men" and "Spiderman" films? The horribleness of "Fantastic Four"s? Yes, they've hit it out of the park with the Captain America films, and "GotG" and "Deadpool", but people forget how trifling most of the Marvel films have been.

Ultimately I think the main problem is that the DC characters just don't translate well into film, aside from Batman--whose story was very adequately told by Nolan and acted by Bale. They're very cardboard-cutout caricatures and it's hard to make that interesting. So they're trying to flesh them out in the films to make them more like Marvel characters, and that's a lot to ask. Thus, people remember the campy Batman of Adam West and Tim Burton and expect that, or they remember the corny Americana of Reeve and expect that, and you can't deliver that--those days are long gone, and those interpretations won't fly in 2016. So instead people fawn over and jerk off over a POS film like "SW:TFA"--which IMO was a horrible film, simply a literal ripoff of the first three films--yet everyone loved it because it was a nostalgic trip down memory lane (same visuals, same music, same characters). As bad as "BvS" was, as a film it was still better plotted than "SW:TFA" yet no one bats an eye about that film. JMO.

So your argument is...

It's not that bad, and hey! Look! There were worse films!
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:55 PM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Umm, depending on the run of comic. Batman is a murderous killer of villains..
In conjunction with a murderous Superman who's stupid enough to fall into the same kryptonite spray trap twice within a ten minute timespan? What comic run was that from?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:27 PM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Interesting conjecture about where Justice League may be heading, and the possibility of Superman becoming a villain for the rest of the team to overcome: http://www.blastr.com/2016-4-6/break...erman-darkseid
The last episode of the Superman cartoon has Superman controlled by Darkseid as they bring Apokolips to Earth, Supergirl tries to push Superman back but he kicks the shit out of her, Lois grabs him as Superman goes for the kill shot and basically wakes him up. Superman goes to Apokolips and he has a final fight with Darkseid. Obviously it's a cartoon so it doesn't get too intense.

I think the new movie will do that but replace Supergirl with the Justice League.

The fight at the end was pretty awesome though.

They also fought at the end of the Justice League cartoon and I think it was even better. This is what I want the end of the movie to be similar to.

[Reply]
Jamie 02:59 PM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Ultimately I think the main problem is that the DC characters just don't translate well into film, aside from Batman--whose story was very adequately told by Nolan and acted by Bale. They're very cardboard-cutout caricatures and it's hard to make that interesting. So they're trying to flesh them out in the films to make them more like Marvel characters, and that's a lot to ask.
I don't totally agree with your premise, the DC characters have been fleshed out a lot in the comics since the 50s and 60s. But that aside, there are ways to flesh out and update the characters without violating the core tenets of who they are. Captain America comes from that same era, and Marvel made it work without violating who that character is.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:37 PM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I don't totally agree with your premise, the DC characters have been fleshed out a lot in the comics since the 50s and 60s. But that aside, there are ways to flesh out and update the characters without violating the core tenets of who they are. Captain America comes from that same era, and Marvel made it work without violating who that character is.
This
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:00 PM 04-07-2016
So Batman is suppose to be the greatest private dick of all times? Yet he didn't know Supermans moms name was Martha? How the fuck did he not know this? How the fuck for all his training and preparation and investigations of finding out Supermans weakness that he didn't some how figure out Superman has a mom that lives in Kansas with the name Martha?

I'm going from almost liking this movie to pretty much hating it.

So Zack Snyder had his buddy play Jimmy Olsen just to kill him in the movie? That's dumb that they didn't even show Lois Lane & Clark Kent remorseful for his death as he was a friend of theirs. Maybe they will have him reappear just as Supermans dead Dad appeared in the mountains for no reason at all?

[Reply]
Page 114 of 126
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124 > Last »
Up