ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 193 of 205
« First < 93143183189190191192193 194195196197203 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
Baby Lee 09:19 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Thanks everyone for hijacking my thread.
And by 'everyone' of course you mean the league, perhaps the world at large?
htismaqe 09:19 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
The part that shows they are uneducated and ignorant is that they wont meet with Trump. He would work with them if they weren't so ignorant.
The simple fact is that people who want to get stuff done will get stuff done.

Tim Cook, the CEO of Apple, doesn't like Trump at all. That hasn't stopped him from working with the administration on all kinds of issues from Chinese trade wars to ecological policy. Some of his ideas have been adopted and some haven't. But none of his ideas would have been adopted if he simply said "I hate Trump, I won't meet with him."

But see, that's the difference between someone who does and someone who talks...
Dayze 08-27-2020, 09:20 AM
This message has been deleted by Dayze. Reason: NM....political
Sassy Squatch 09:23 AM 08-27-2020

The 11 am meeting is just starting, per source. Lakers and Clippers just joined everyone else after talking separately.

— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) August 27, 2020

RunKC 09:30 AM 08-27-2020
Get ready bc this is probably happening next month in the NFL.

There is a growing sense among agents and league insiders that #NFL players could strike in September, causing the cancellation or postponement of games and if this were a regular-season week, Sunday’s games could be in jeopardy.

"It's not crazy at all" https://t.co/65da6VXQkC

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) August 27, 2020

Eureka 09:35 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The simple fact is that people who want to get stuff done will get stuff done.

Tim Cook, the CEO of Apple, doesn't like Trump at all. That hasn't stopped him from working with the administration on all kinds of issues from Chinese trade wars to ecological policy. Some of his ideas have been adopted and some haven't. But none of his ideas would have been adopted if he simply said "I hate Trump, I won't meet with him."

But see, that's the difference between someone who does and someone who talks...
Even works with Trump after Trump called him Tim Apple during their press conference together lol.
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:37 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Making a martyr out of Jacob Blake, is akin to replacing Joe Pa's statue with one of Jerry Sandusky...
htismaqe 09:39 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Even works with Trump after Trump called him Tim Apple during their press conference together lol.
Yep. :-)

And works with him still, despite the constant social media uproar from many Apple fans that he's collaborating with Hitler himself.
PAChiefsGuy 09:41 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Everybody is talking about it and the Wisconsin legislature is under immense pressure to reconvene now, so this did accomplish something.
True but it also divided this country even more than it already is. Don't forget to mention that.

Look the players have every right to do what they are doing. I am not saying they don't. I just think there's better and more practical ways to bring about a change.
eDave 09:43 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
True but it also divided this country even more than it already is. Don't forget to mention that.
How do you know that?
Red Dawg 09:47 AM 08-27-2020
Athletes continue to show how stupid they are. They play a game and are rich. Nobody really cares what they think. All this social justice bullshit is stupid. All of this over a bunch of criminals.
tk13 09:48 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:

We'll see, this would be a couple weeks away and the news cycle may not be the same at this point. But that's exactly what I alluded to at the very start of this discussion. There is not anyone in this country that probably has a bigger megaphone or name recognition than NFL players, other than maybe LeBron.
Red Dawg 09:48 AM 08-27-2020
Not playing is worthless. They should give back the money if they don't play. Go be a cop Lebron if you think it's so easy.
backinblack 09:50 AM 08-27-2020
I could definitely see regional teams like the Packers and Bears refusing to play. Maybe even the Vikings as well.
eDave 09:52 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Not playing is worthless. They should give back the money if they don't play. Go be a cop Lebron if you think it's so easy.
Him thinking it's so easy is not something I've heard he said.
DJ's left nut 09:54 AM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
They seemed to be content to sit on their asses and do fuck all despite this shit until their golden goose started squawking at the AG and Lieutenant Governer.
You don't think that maybe the gunplay in the streets that day had something to do with it? Or maybe the more typical political approach of sitting ass in the hopes something blows over....only to have it backfire?

Who's Wisconsin's 'golden goose' in this scenario? Are we back to 'athletes drive economies' again? Because they...uh...don't.

Burning up cities sure doesn't help in that regard, though...
Page 193 of 205
« First < 93143183189190191192193 194195196197203 > Last »
Up