ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 162 of 791
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172212262662 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:42 AM 03-07-2019
I think Bell would take a deal that would avg more than what the Steelers were offering, but is chalked full of money he'll likely never see.

I'm not advocating that Le'veon Bell makes sense or is a great investment of limited dollars. But I remember saying they needed to go balls out on Defense last year and signed Sammy Watkins, and Andy's history with his dream team FA sweepstakes and welp.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:42 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Imagine if the Chiefs would do the same with Berry? At least Barron can suit up.
i agree completely, they've had some cap casualties though. Dorsey was just awfule with the cap and contracts. I was wrong though it is only 6 million from Barron
[Reply]
Rausch 10:43 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Sure.

But as we've seen throughout the NFL, even having the unicorn at QB doesn't guarantee really anything in terms of SB success.
We would have been in a SB last year if Ford hadn't lined up wrong.

The game was over. We won. Ford lined up wrong and gave the Pats life one more time...:-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:44 AM 03-07-2019
What if they add Bell AND Collins?

Veach is a crazy sumbitch. Don't count him out.
But they're probably subtracting one or both of Ford and Houston.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:44 AM 03-07-2019
I'm kind of in the mindset that as long as it's the money their spending, not the draft picks or future picks, you can get around it.

As long as you have picks and hit on some guys, you'll survive. You've gotta have the cheap labor.
You've got to be smart about it though. I don't think Bell is a smart allocation of ffunds.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:45 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You've got to be smart about it though. I don't think Bell is a smart allocation of ffunds.
How many people looked at the last offseason and thought Watkins was a smart allocation of funds? Veach does what Veach wants.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:45 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I'm already popping popcorn for the cp meltdown
Hell, I'd prefer A. Brown over Bell...
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:46 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Cutting Berry would cost more than 9million in dead money...
June 1st designation cuts the dead money to $7M.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:46 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
How many people looked at the last offseason and thought Watkins was a smart allocation of funds? Veach does what Veach wants.
This is the entire point right here.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:46 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
But they're probably subtracting one or both of Ford and Houston.
Fine with me.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:47 AM 03-07-2019
I'm kind of in the mindset that as long as it's the money their spending, not the draft picks or future picks, you can get around it.

As long as you have picks and hit on some guys, you'll survive. You've gotta have the cheap labor.
Yup that was the problem with the Seahawks. They didn’t have a 1st rd pick for 3 years after their excellent draft in 2012 and it killed them. They missed on quite a few picks as well.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:47 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Well...when Sammy was healthy, the offense definitely was humming. It just tells me that Veach knows more than I do.

Hitchens wasn't such a great move though, although it may have been made with an eye to this year.

We'll see.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:48 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well...when Sammy was healthy, the offense definitely was humming. It just tells me that Veach knows more than I do.

Hitchens wasn't such a great move though, although it may have been made with an eye to this year.

We'll see.
So why worry? If they don't get Bell, no harm is done. If they do get Bell, Veach knows what he's doing. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 10:48 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Because no one is 100% right, and it's the offseason.
Terez isn't always right.
But that’s the only solid info we have.

Other than that we have Chris Jones posting a video with Bell that means absolutely nothing and a report from La Canfora that other teams expect us to be in the mix for Bell.

The only person even claiming to have insider info on this from the Chiefs is Terez.

The chances he’s wrong about this are very slim.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:49 AM 03-07-2019
So why worry? If they don't get Bell, no harm is done. If they do get Bell, Veach knows what he's doing. :-)
Because it's March 7th, and this is a football board, and so we're all playing armchair GM.
[Reply]
Page 162 of 791
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172212262662 > Last »
Up