ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 128 of 324
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:11 PM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Per Twitter, seems Antonio Pierce was offered and has turned down a LB coach position under Spagnuolo, and will remain at Arizona State.

Spag can’t pull a college position coach away....not a good sign IMO...
Its entirely possible Pierce isnt a slimeball and made a commitment to the kids who committed to him.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:12 PM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Sure. Well you’ve got LDT back, immediate upgrade, especially in pass protection where he excels. Probably will have a new center, hopefully someone with a little more strength than Morse had.

I’m a big believer in the upside of Khalil McKenzie, and if he puts it all together, I believe he’s going to be a bad motherfucker.
Sucks about Morse. I liked him as a player and he did well for us. Did you know those guys average 8 or more leg surgeries a career? That's nuts. If things go as you hope, then maybe we can start gaining some ground in that department.
Pat's a tough kid and the league by default will help protect him, but I'd like to see that pocket sustained for a good 3 seconds before he has to start searching for jogging trails.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 10:13 PM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Per Twitter, seems Antonio Pierce was offered and has turned down a LB coach position under Spagnuolo, and will remain at Arizona State.

Spag can’t pull a college position coach away....not a good sign IMO...
Maybe he likes coaching in college? Maybe he made a commitment to the players and likes coaching with Herm?

Get fucking real.
[Reply]
booger 10:34 PM 02-02-2019
He’s only been at ASU one year. Otherwise 3-4 years high school as HC. Kinda 50/50 on whether they would offer him the main LB job rather than defensive asst or D quality control or asst LBs. Reid seems old school and doesn’t skip steps when hiring coaches and their title and pay. I don’t doubt they had serious interest but the part about being offered and turning it down screams recruiting tool to me. It does nothing but help and makes him, Herm, and the school look good. I’m sure they wanted to hire him I just wouldn’t assume he would get that much responsibility/title so it would come down to more of a choice for him. If he actually likes recruiting then it’s hard to beat being in AZ when he’s from California to go to the nfl right away. I can see a guy in that position being hesitant beings he has only been there a year and hardly gets a chance to see how he likes it.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:59 PM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I wouldn’t be opposed to getting better at LG
How about we just move LDT there instead and keep Wylie at RG?
[Reply]
O.city 11:01 PM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’d move Wylie but either way would be ok.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:19 PM 02-02-2019
I’d move Wylie but either way would be ok.
Wylie’s the better run blocker, while LDT’s the better pass blocker. It makes more sense IMO.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:26 PM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Wylie isn’t a starter. He was awful down the stretch
[Reply]
RunKC 11:35 PM 02-02-2019
Wylie was a major problem vs NE

The Chiefs OL had some struggles vs NE, Wylie in particular. Can't help but wonder how able LDT was to go, as he's been money on this type of DL action. pic.twitter.com/VKScnoHNtq

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) January 24, 2019

I thought Mahomes missed this blitz, but watching this it appears that he makes an adjustment at the LOS. Watch Schwartz push Wylie towards the inside with one hand while blocking. Seems like Wylie should've stayed inside here. pic.twitter.com/zEB1WbTL2X

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) January 24, 2019

Watch the Chargers game. He really struggled here too. The 2nd play at 10 seconds was one of the worst pass set losses I’ve ever seen from an OL.

He’s not Jordan Black or Mike McGlinchey. He’s a good backup option, but my god this dude should not be starting.

LDT is so underrated by a lot of folks here. He was definitely missed
[Reply]
TambaBerry 11:45 PM 02-02-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Wylie was a major problem vs NE

Watch the Chargers game. He really struggled here too. The 2nd play at 10 seconds was one of the worst pass set losses I’ve ever seen from an OL.

He’s not Jordan Black or Mike McGlinchey. He’s a good backup option, but my god this dude should not be starting.

LDT is so underrated by a lot of folks here. He was definitely missed
I don't see anything wrong with the first video, he was fucked either way.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:46 PM 02-02-2019
Agreed on Wylie. That’s no slight at him. He’s a very good backup. A lot better than most teams have for OL depth. But he’s not a guy I want in the lineup unless injuries have occurred.

LDT does a hell of a job keeping that pocket clean and he will be a welcome sight back into the lineup. My fingers are crossed that McKenzie grabs the LG job by the balls and doesn’t let go, but if it’s Erving again, we could do worse for certain.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:03 AM 02-03-2019
I wouldn’t be opposed to getting better at LG

I’d draft an OL every year with Mahomes at QB.
[Reply]
Buckweath 08:33 AM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I’d draft an OL every year with Mahomes at QB.
I agree. I believe they will use one of their 2nd round picks or their 3rd round pick to grab an OL.

The rest of the high picks will be defense.
[Reply]
O.city 08:38 AM 02-03-2019
A lot of those problems vs New England were communication issues.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:40 AM 02-03-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Wylie isn’t a starter. He was awful down the stretch
When Kelce talks about not being ready for the physicality of the Pats, that's especially true on the offensive line. The line was a disgrace in the first half and the score could have easily been 21-0 thanks to jail break at the end of the half.

LDT is solid at RG. Erving is not the solution at LG. Wylie is a good backup.
[Reply]
Page 128 of 324
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178228 > Last »
Up