Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official KU vs MU Hurricane Relief Exhibition Game****
CoMoChief 01:43 PM 10-22-2017
Anyone buying the ppv?
[Reply]
hawkchief 10:28 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I understand your point and I may agree with you. That being said, you have to also understand that schedules are made years in advance and many of those programs were good when KU scheduled them. IMO, the reason KU does not schedule MU is due to the fact that they left the Big 12 high and dry and put the conference, and therefore KU, in a perilous position. Plus, MU would gain exposure and recruiting in the KC area.
This is exactly the reason. The sooner MU fans and admins accept it, the better off things will be for everyone. KU gets nothing out of playing Mizzou and/or giving them any type of local boost or legitimacy by being linked to KU hoops - one of the most elite programs in the country.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:07 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I'm pretty certain Self is the main barrier to continuing the rivalry, based on the conversations I had with folks in Athletics when I worked there. He definitely did not seem too thrilled for the entirety of the event.
That's not true. I was at a private luncheon with Zenger a few years back and he made us put our cellphones on the table before he went on a Mizzouche tirade. It's possible he was just playing to his audience, or doing what Massah Self wants, but I don't think so. He's a great actor if so.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:37 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Lol @ the "Texas bogeyman"

You don't even know what Texas supposedly did. (It's because they did nothing). It's just a Mizzouche talking point.

1. We left to join a better conf!
2. Well, we wanted to stay, but Texas!

Pick one^
im guessing some would pick one, some could pick the other, and some could reasonably choose both.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:41 AM 10-23-2017
I wonder who self is mad at. Martin? Sterk? Odom? Choi? Cartwright?
[Reply]
BWillie 11:49 AM 10-23-2017
Missouri makes 14 threes. KU was up 83-66 until they let off the gas. Best Missouri team ever. Porter didn't even look like the 3rd best player on the team, but of course it was one game. Robertson and Garney? looked like the two best players.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:05 PM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
That's not true. I was at a private luncheon with Zenger a few years back and he made us put our cellphones on the table before he went on a Mizzouche tirade. It's possible he was just playing to his audience, or doing what Massah Self wants, but I don't think so. He's a great actor if so.
Your connections tend to be superior to mine. It's just a bit odd. There's still border war memorabilia in the employees section of the Union and Mizzou came up occasionally when I catered the donors box. They seemed to think Self was the main driver, but donors with press box amenities may not be the most reliable sources of info... especially three quarters into a typical 60-7 blowout of KU football.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:16 PM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Missouri makes 14 threes. KU was up 83-66 until they let off the gas. Best Missouri team ever. Porter didn't even look like the 3rd best player on the team, but of course it was one game. Robertson and Garney? looked like the two best players.
It was an exhibition game for charity. Who gives a shit?

No Mizzou fan is saying MU looked better than or even close to KU. KU is one of the top 5 teams in the country. Mizzou is a young team with a lot of talented freshman looking to rebuild the basketball program and restore its credibility.
If Martin continues to recruit at an elite level (which seems possible right now), then Mizzou can get back to being a Consistent Top 25 program and making the Tourney every year, with an ocassional deep Tourney run every 5-6 years.

That's probably the most realistic expectation for Mizzou basketball at this point. Whether or not it happens remains to be seen . . . . .
[Reply]
Best22 12:41 PM 10-23-2017
That like bragging about a Chiefs preseason game

No game plan, no double teams, just kids playing hard. Mizzou out rebounded KU, but KU hit more free throws. Mizzou is young and athletic, KU is experienced and big
[Reply]
BWillie 01:26 PM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Best22:
That like bragging about a Chiefs preseason game

No game plan, no double teams, just kids playing hard. Mizzou out rebounded KU, but KU hit more free throws. Mizzou is young and athletic, KU is experienced and big
KU is experienced, young, big, athletic, and full of NBA players. We have at least 6. Missouri has 2.
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:39 PM 10-23-2017
KU is experienced, young, big, athletic, and full of NBA players. We have at least 6. Missouri has 2.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Reason most MU fans think KU fans are assholes.
[Reply]
Spott 02:08 PM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by kcjoker:
Whether it was true or not Self had a reasonable reason why he wouldn't play Missouri. Now that he gave in the KC media is going to be relentless on him about playing again. Then throw in all the local businesses that see it can be a cash cow they'll be pushing it too. As a Missouri fan I was glad to see the games go away because the rivalry became too toxic. Combine that with there was nothing to gain for their Bball and our(except for this year) football team.
I'm glad that rivalry is dead, too. It made this board pretty unbearable for a while, especially when Mizzou went to the SEC. The incessant back and forth mu/ku bickering was beyond stupid. What made it worse was that it was between a bunch of people that never went to either school and had no connections to either university.
[Reply]
Best22 02:14 PM 10-23-2017
Maybe
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:33 PM 10-23-2017
Six is majorly pushing it. I hope to high heaven you aren't including Svi in that. Because he's getting nowhere near an NBA team. Dok, Billy Preston, Malik Newman are the only surefire NBA players of that bunch. I bet Graham may get a second round selection or possibly Vick if he has a good workout.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:33 PM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Six is majorly pushing it. I hope to high heaven you aren't including Svi in that. Because he's getting nowhere near an NBA team. Dok, Billy Preston, Malik Newman are the only surefire NBA players of that bunch. I bet Graham may get a second round selection or possibly Vick if he has a good workout.
Svi is gettin drafted. He's 19 years old. Tall. Foreign. Decent athlete for his size. Can shoot. Someone will draft him, and yeah he will fail. But he's getting drafted.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:38 PM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Nothing convenient about it. It was stuck in the middle of your conference season and I simply did not see it. I'm begging you to forgive me. :-)

It doesn't take away from my point though. Using the excuse for not playing MU because KU schedules their non-con to maximize their RPI is a joke when you look at some of the cupcakes on last years schedule.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I get that and I agree with your reasoning for why they don't schedule them.

My post was primarily directed at KC_Connection because he's a dumb ass.

Read this: http://cjonline.com/sports/2014-03-0...nament-seeding

Scheduling around RPI is actually what they attempt to do. Some years it just pans out better than others.

Win or lose, playing the 255th team in the country in RPI (what MU rather incredibly was last year) would actually hurt KU's RPI.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up