Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official KU vs MU Hurricane Relief Exhibition Game****
CoMoChief 01:43 PM 10-22-2017
Anyone buying the ppv?
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:42 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Some of you really need to learn to just enjoy the game .....
:-)
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:46 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Some of you really need to learn to just enjoy the game .....
Best post in the thread. :-)
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:52 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Best post in the thread. :-)
Have you ever seen Pete's posts in a Royals game thread? Bearcat nailed it.

EDIT: Yeah, as soon as I hit the submit button I realized what you meant. I'm and idiot.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:55 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Have you ever seen Pete's posts in a Royals game thread? Bearcat nailed it.

EDIT: Yeah, as soon as I hit the submit button I realized what you meant. I'm and idiot.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:45 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by KingPriest2:
Why?!?!

All the fans want it. The only one eh I doesn't is the ego ass Bill Self. No respect for a guy who cheTed in his rife with a married woman and got her pregnant. Interesting how the press keeps that quiet

Lol, wtf is this?
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:47 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Lol, wtf is this?

[Reply]
petegz28 10-23-2017, 09:48 AM
This message has been deleted by petegz28.
Lzen 09:52 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
What does this even mean?

From the sounds of it - and I didn't watch - Self played this preseason game like he has played every preseason game for the past 14 years. I guess that means he "went all out"?
Typical delusional MU fan. :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 09:55 AM 10-23-2017
Self's comments after the game.
Originally Posted by :
“That’s what fans want to know, but we’re gonna do what’s best for us,” Self said. “We’re not interested in doing what’s best for Missouri or best for Missouri fans. But if it’s best for us to play ’em, we will. It’s not a complicated deal.

“I’m not gonna say never, but I don’t think there’s been any change in our position. I’m the spokesman, I guess, on this, but, trust me, I’m not the only one that feels that way. There was a very large contingent of KU people that wasn’t happy that we were doing this initially until they realized it was for a good cause. ... Kudos to both administrations and the fans for doing something that was pretty special.”

[Reply]
InvinciBill 10:03 AM 10-23-2017
Yeah, that's some non-con schedule. How did you guys survive that juggernaut?

Indiana 18–16
Duke 28–9
Siena 17–17
UAB 17–16
Georgia 19–15
UNC Asheville 23–10
Long Beach State 15–19
Stanford 14–17
UMKC 18–17
Nebraska 12–19
Davidson 17–15
UNLV 11–21
Convenient omission of @Kentucky
[Reply]
hawkchief 10:05 AM 10-23-2017
Self's comments after the game.
It's funny to watch the MU fans and admins let Self and KU work them like this. You'd think at some point their pride would kick in and they say, "OK, it's obvious this isn't going to pan out long term for a series any time soon", and quit begging for it every day and acting like it's going to happen.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:15 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by InvinciBill:
That was last year. I think KU plays Texas A&M in the Big 12/SEC Challenge this year.

Edit: Whoops, I see now that you meant the Champions Classic.
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:19 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by InvinciBill:
Nothing convenient about it. It was stuck in the middle of your conference season and I simply did not see it. I'm begging you to forgive me. :-)

It doesn't take away from my point though. Using the excuse for not playing MU because KU schedules their non-con to maximize their RPI is a joke when you look at some of the cupcakes on last years schedule.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:23 AM 10-23-2017
I'm pretty certain Self is the main barrier to continuing the rivalry, based on the conversations I had with folks in Athletics when I worked there. He definitely did not seem too thrilled for the entirety of the event.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:23 AM 10-23-2017
Nothing convenient about it. It was stuck in the middle of your conference season and I simply did not see it. I'm begging you to forgive me. :-)

It doesn't take away from my point though. Using the excuse for not playing MU because KU schedules their non-con to maximize their RPI is a joke when you look at some of the cupcakes on last years schedule.
I understand your point and I may agree with you. That being said, you have to also understand that schedules are made years in advance and many of those programs were good when KU scheduled them. IMO, the reason KU does not schedule MU is due to the fact that they left the Big 12 high and dry and put the conference, and therefore KU, in a perilous position. Plus, MU would gain exposure and recruiting in the KC area.
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:25 AM 10-23-2017
I understand your point and I may agree with you. That being said, you have to also understand that schedules are made years in advance and many of those programs were good when KU scheduled them. IMO, the reason KU does not schedule MU is due to the fact that they left the Big 12 high and dry and put the conference, and therefore KU, in a perilous position. Plus, MU would gain exposure and recruiting in the KC area.
I get that and I agree with your reasoning for why they don't schedule them.

My post was primarily directed at KC_Connection because he's a dumb ass.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up