ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stafford on the Trade block
Dante84 05:14 PM 01-23-2021
You gotta think Denver or Oakland would try and make it happen if they want to compete with KC and SD in the next 2 years.

And this from Detroit: pic.twitter.com/M0L46PzCw2

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 23, 2021

[Reply]
Beef Supreme 07:15 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Machines
Rodgers
Russell
Allen
Herbert
Watson
Burrow

And then Stafford is right there with anyone, IMO.
And while Herbert and Burrow looked good, they didn't win shit either. And it's a small sample size. They look very promising, but it's not a slam dunk they belong that high on the list. You could easily put Stafford above them, or even with them.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:41 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
And while Herbert and Burrow looked good, they didn't win shit either. And it's a small sample size. They look very promising, but it's not a slam dunk they belong that high on the list. You could easily put Stafford above them, or even with them.

Yeah, it’s definitely up for debate on Burrow and Herbert.

But for the next five years, there aren’t many guys Id rather have than Stafford. You can add Trevor Lawrence to the list, but that’s it from this class.

Side note: how has my phone not learned “Mahomes” at this point and stopped autocorrecting it?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:22 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
In no specific order starting QBs for next year there is no way in hell he is lower than 13th. Pretty steep drop off after #13

1. Mahomes
2. Rodgers
3. Jackson
4. Watson
5. Lawrence
6. Murray
7. Herbert
8. Burrow
9. Dak
10. Stafford
11. Wilson
12. Brady
13. Allen
1. Mahomes
2. Rodgers

BIG GAP

3. Wilson
4. Watson
5. Herbert
6. Allen

BIG GAP

The rest of the field.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:30 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yep. And the NFC East is wide open. Plus they have the weapons, offensive line and defense to be an instant contender.
I think that NFCE is due for a huge rebound. It may not show up in the W/L column because they'll trade out losing to the rest of the league to losing to each other, but with Barkley [Jones isn't elite, but he's a different animal with SB running the ball] and Dak back and WFT continuing their crescendo, that's going to be a competitive division. Eagles will depend on how permanently broken Wentz's brain/ego is and how much getting back their stalwarts will help.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:33 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
In no specific order starting QBs for next year there is no way in hell he is lower than 13th. Pretty steep drop off after #13

1. Mahomes
2. Rodgers
3. Jackson
4. Watson
5. Lawrence
6. Murray
7. Herbert
8. Burrow
9. Dak
10. Stafford
11. Wilson
12. Brady
13. Allen
I'd put Stafford ahead of Dak, Herbert and Murray. Ahead of Jackson in big games.

Renumber your list 1, 2, 4, 8, 5, 3/10, 7, 9, 6.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:38 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Meh... Stafford is fairly bland and not a leader.
Look, the ineptitude that is the Detroit Lions caused the early retirement of maybe the best running back in the history of this game when he had miles left on his tires. I do NOT want to see a revitalized Stafford in Denver. Jeudy, Patrick and Fant may not be Hill, Kelce, and Watkins, but they have talent and just need a guy with more consistency than Lock has to offer. Stafford would thrive there.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:40 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Wait. You think in a scenario that watson and stafford are being traded for each other, it's the Texans that would have to sweeten the deal?
Why not?

HOU has a proven track record for giving away too much in trades.

AND

Watson has made it pretty clear that he's unhappy and trying to force a trade, so HOU has no leverage here.

If I were the GM for DET, I would seriously ask for more than just Watson. HOU is over a barrel; I'd take advantage for everything i could get.
[Reply]
-King- 11:07 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Why not?

HOU has a proven track record for giving away too much in trades.

AND

Watson has made it pretty clear that he's unhappy and trying to force a trade, so HOU has no leverage here.

If I were the GM for DET, I would seriously ask for more than just Watson. HOU is over a barrel; I'd take advantage for everything i could get.
:-). Houston is going to get the biggest trade haul in probably history if they trade Watson. I can't believe you actually believe they'd have to add anything in order to trade him.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:09 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Meh... Stafford is fairly bland and not a leader.
That's my opinion...being a top QB requires winning games against good opponents. It means elevating those around you...

5 out 51 against .500 teams is alarming...that's 3 1/2 seasons worth of data.

It's like three, 1-15 seasons against winning teams.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:24 AM 01-24-2021
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Magatron and Golden Tate vs Hill and Watkins. Advantage then? :-)

Reggie Bush vs Damian Williams going into 2018. Again :-)

Kelce vs Ebron? Kelce.

But that was Mahomes's first year vs not first year for Stafford. Stafford is a good QB. Not sure I would give away the farm for him. Watson? I might.

What kind of revisionist history are we trying to work here?

Mahomes lucked into going to the best possible place for him, with an absolutely stacked deck of cards.

A great owner in Clark Hunt. Vs. DET's ownership:-)

Andy Reid, just the greatest offensive mind, perhaps in NFL history. A shoo-in HOFer, with a proven track record for making every QB he ever came into contact with better.

An organization that not only had great stability, but a long and consistent winning record. Patrick wasn't drafted to save a sinking franchise; he was drafted to hopefully take the next step past just making the playoffs.

A pile of receiving weapons in Hill, Kelce, Watkins, Conley and Hunt. He even had Harris, who's basically Ebron.

And Mahomes began his career with Kareem Hunt not Damien Williams, who was literally worth a TD when he was on the field.

Vs. DET, still looking for a coach, a QB, a defense, a running game, an identity . . . Matt was literally drafted to save their bacon. Which he did. He gave them their first winning record in over a decade in 2011. And their first QB to throw for more than 40 TDs in franchise history, iirc. Got them into the playoffs for the first time in 20 years(?) that same year. Did it again in 2014, throwing to GT for 1300 yds and CJ for another 1100. With a new HC no less.

Schwartz, Caldwell, and the great Matt Patricia.:-)

Calvin, who bailed after 5 years. And the great Golden Tate. Ebron. you're hilarious trying to equate Ebron and Kelce. Ebron can't hold Kelce's jock after practice.

And then we get to the immutable fact that Matt Stafford isn't Patrick Mahomes. And I know I never tried to equate them, you did.

My only point has always been that Matt Stafford is better than his win/loss record.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:27 AM 01-24-2021
:-). Houston is going to get the biggest trade haul in probably history if they trade Watson. I can't believe you actually believe they'd have to add anything in order to trade him.
You misunderstand me. I don't believe that HOU has to add anything.

I do believe that they're historically stupid when it comes to trading. And if I were DET, knowing that HOU is over a barrel and that they're dumber than a box of pet rocks, I'd definitely see if I could get more than just Watson.

Not that it matters anyway, because Watson is not going to DET.
[Reply]
MahiMike 11:54 AM 01-24-2021
Long overdue. Fresh start for everyone.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:57 AM 01-24-2021
Wouldn't it be ironic if the Bears traded away a boatload of picks to land Watson; the guy they could have taken had they not traded up to get Trubisky. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 12:01 PM 01-27-2021
Tell me what exactly he's better at. For the most part he just has better yardage totals. Kirk has MUCH better completion percentage, higher Y/A, higher TD% and the same INT%. They both have spotty decision making at times also. So what exactly makes Stafford better other than arm strength?

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟖

Eddie Jackson returns a Kirk Cousins interception for a touchdown as #DaBears beat the Vikings on Sunday Night Football.pic.twitter.com/irXUX9e8C6

— This Day in Chicago Sports (@ChiSportsDay) November 18, 2020

🥵 pic.twitter.com/10eTKQQB9Y

— Michael 🇲🇽 (@SlckAssFoo) January 26, 2021

[Reply]
Hoover 12:05 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Washington Football club needs to make it happen
That might be the most interesting place for him to go. Hadn't thought about them.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up