ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1773 of 3903
« First < 773127316731723176317691770177117721773 177417751776177717831823187322732773 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 11:48 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
That's really perplexing. 359 people test positive and no one had symptoms?
Our positive inpatient had 0 symptoms but had bilateral pneumonia for his whole stay , still had it when he was discharged after 2 neg tests. This virus is doing weird things.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:51 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I had to as well, guess I'm not as well-versed in Nazi slogans as some. Her intent is clear but I'm still not sure how it's a microcosm of the nature of the protests. It doesn't even make sense to imply that.
I think she's implying that the government is fascist but who knows?
[Reply]
Spott 11:52 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I had to as well, guess I'm not as well-versed in Nazi slogans as some. Her intent is clear but I'm still not sure how it's a microcosm of the nature of the protests. It doesn't even make sense to imply that.
Yeah, I totally understand the people wanting to go back to work so they can make a living, pay their bills, stop being confined with their crazy spouses, etc. It’s not really a race issue, but going out of your way to put that on a sign was definitely not the smartest idea on her part.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:58 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I think she's implying that the government is fascist but who knows?
Eh, I obviously didn't word that properly, what I'm taking exception with is the guy who posted the tweet saying "Thank you for representing yourself and your “movement” for what it is."

Yes it is how she's representing herself, but herself only.
[Reply]
TLO 12:03 PM 05-02-2020
That's really perplexing. 359 people test positive and no one had symptoms?
Correct. They're being a little more transparent about the testing process. Northwest Health tested all the people who were asymptomatic. That number currently stands at 359, but I believe we're only up to Wednesday's tests completed on those.

We still have Thursday and Friday numbers to come in.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:07 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Correct. They're being a little more transparent about the testing process. Northwest Health tested all the people who were asymptomatic. That number currently stands at 359, but I believe we're only up to Wednesday's tests completed on those.

We still have Thursday and Friday numbers to come in.
Something isn't adding up here. We get people with symptoms and negative tests so we automatically assuming I guess it's a false negative. Then we get all these people who are asymptomatic?

I gotta say either something is wonky with our testing or this thing is so fucking widespread we are indeed back to flu-like numbers.

As O.City said, at this point you got basically 2 options...

Test every fucking single person in the country

Or

Start moving forward with re-opening

Because this is going to be impossible to run down.

I think we need to start looking at the number of hospitalizations now as a metric as opposed to number of cases.
[Reply]
TLO 12:08 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Wow.

If we're gonna do contract tracing, you're essentially gonna have to test every single person in the nation.
Realistically, it's going to be impossible. I know they want to preach contract tracing and containment and the like - but we're taking a sample of 2800 people (keep in mind we still don't have all the rest results in) and 359 of them are positive without displaying symptoms. A small minority were showing symptoms and tested positive last weekend.

The group that showed symptoms vs the no symptom group is like 39 vs 359 from my understanding.
[Reply]
TLO 12:10 PM 05-02-2020
Something isn't adding up here. We get people with symptoms and negative tests so we automatically assuming I guess it's a false negative. Then we get all these people who are asymptomatic?

I gotta say either something is wonky with our testing or this thing is so ****ing widespread we are indeed back to flu-like numbers.

As O.City said, at this point you got basically 2 options...

Test every ****ing single person in the country

Or

Start moving forward with re-opening

Because this is going to be impossible to run down.

I think we need to start looking at the number of hospitalizations now as a metric as opposed to number of cases.
Gov Parsons here in good ol Missouri has actually been preaching that over the past couple of weeks.
[Reply]
TLO 12:13 PM 05-02-2020
Realistically, it's going to be impossible. I know they want to preach contract tracing and containment and the like - but we're taking a sample of 2800 people (keep in mind we still don't have all the rest results in) and 359 of them are positive without displaying symptoms. A small minority were showing symptoms and tested positive last weekend.

The group that showed symptoms vs the no symptom group is like 39 vs 359 from my understanding.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that there has to be millions of people around the country that are positive and don't know it. How do you contain something like that?
[Reply]
petegz28 12:13 PM 05-02-2020
Gov Parsons here in good ol Missouri has actually been preaching that over the past couple of weeks.
I think that's about all you can do at this point. If hospitals start getting overrun then you probably gotta shut shit down. Otherwise life is happening.
[Reply]
O.city 12:14 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
My grandmother was in for more than 2 years and most people that I know of that died in a nursing home were suffering from Parkinson's, Alzheimer's or dementia.

Most of them were in for 4 years, minimum.

Also, regardless of where you live, even decent nursing homes are $7k per month, which becomes quite expensive if a patient is there for years on end.
My grandmother was in one that was like a 2 minute walk from our house. She had severe dementia and didn't know anyone and got violent towards the end. It got to where my dad didn't even go see her, it was just to hard for him. He still won't talk about it as it just destroyed him.
[Reply]
TLO 12:15 PM 05-02-2020
I think that's about all you can do at this point. If hospitals start getting overrun then you probably gotta shut shit down. Otherwise life is happening.
And he claimed that we hit our peak hospitalization on April 7th. All other areas of the state, (with the exception of St Louis) have significantly decreased in numbers of people hospitalized.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:16 PM 05-02-2020
And he claimed that we hit our peak hospitalization on April 7th. All other areas of the state, (with the exception of St Louis) have significantly decreased in numbers of people hospitalized.
Judging by the amount of doctors and nurses being laid off and\or taking pay cuts I would say our hospitals by in large are in no fear of being overrun.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:17 PM 05-02-2020
Anyone have the most recent death rate and hospitalization numbers for people under 50?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:21 PM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
My grandmother was in one that was like a 2 minute walk from our house. She had severe dementia and didn't know anyone and got violent towards the end. It got to where my dad didn't even go see her, it was just to hard for him. He still won't talk about it as it just destroyed him.
My mom went through something similar for a little more than 2 years. People with dementia can be angry, confused and lost, all within 20 seconds.

She was at the nursing home 3 times a day because the people working there (and it wasn't cheap - it was $9k per month) didn't provide the type of care she needed regarding food and meds.

I hate to say it but a great weight was lifted when she passed at age 91 because it was destroying my mom, too.
[Reply]
Page 1773 of 3903
« First < 773127316731723176317691770177117721773 177417751776177717831823187322732773 > Last »
Up