Page 446 of 934
« First < 346396436442443444445446 447448449450456496546 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
ghak99 12:17 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Hey ghak, you still holding a bunch of Ford?
Yes, half a dozen buys between 8 and 4. I've been too busy watching commodities twist my brain to keep up with it.
[Reply]
bsp4444 04:34 AM 01-13-2021
GEVO...pimped it a couple months back. It is up 258% since then.
[Reply]
F150 05:17 AM 01-13-2021
Hey ghak, you still holding a bunch of Ford?

have you been watching Deere....finally closed over $300
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:36 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by F150:
have you been watching Deere....finally closed over $300
Yeah, I have a post a few days ago about it.

I had an order in at 280, thinking it would fill the gap, and it doesn't look like it's going to get there in the immediate future, so I took the plunge. Probably missed most of the good, but I think there's some real upside, and WTF it's just my piddle account. So I'm IN! :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:43 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Yes, half a dozen buys between 8 and 4. I've been too busy watching commodities twist my brain to keep up with it.
Yeah, yesterday was something in the grains huh?

Unfortunately I'm sold out of 2020 production, and have some hedges on for 21, so all I get is on call :-)

I can't grow beans, which is driving the boat, but in the corn, I was really thinking the move was over. It rallied hard, then stopped and had a couple lower lows, and I chickened out. Plus it had closed some of the negative carry. I don't have any on farm storage, and at $.045/bu/month, it doesn't take long to eat a rally up. So I suck.

I guess the good and bad (good for my hedge account, bad for my production) is that the Dec is lagging pretty hard. I mean it's rallying, but nothing like the front months have done. There is now a $.73 negative carry. That is just damned insane.

Oh wow, I just looked at the negative carry on beans. I'll shut up now....:-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:45 AM 01-13-2021
FCEL has been good to me

Up 45% since purchase
[Reply]
Doob02 07:53 AM 01-13-2021
I second that on FCEL.

I am at 58% up.

I am debating if it can continue its growth or I should stop loss.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:31 AM 01-13-2021
In on CCIV

LET'S RIDE
[Reply]
ghak99 11:00 AM 01-13-2021

Unfortunately I'm sold out of 2020 production, and have some hedges on for 21, so all I get is on call :-)

I can't grow beans, which is driving the boat, but in the corn, I was really thinking the move was over. It rallied hard, then stopped and had a couple lower lows, and I chickened out. Plus it had closed some of the negative carry. I don't have any on farm storage, and at $.045/bu/month, it doesn't take long to eat a rally up. So I suck.

I guess the good and bad (good for my hedge account, bad for my production) is that the Dec is lagging pretty hard. I mean it's rallying, but nothing like the front months have done. There is now a $.73 negative carry. That is just damned insane.

I've sold storage down to about as tight as I can. Thinking about selling more now and trying to buy back as needed later in order to get to new crop. It wouldn't be a huge amount, but a dollar is a dollar if it works. Dad says I'm playing with experienced hookers and they'll just leave me a hotel bill and herpes.

He didn't buy tesla in march when I told him to either, so... :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:04 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I've sold storage down to about as tight as I can. Thinking about selling more now and trying to buy back as needed later in order to get to new crop. It wouldn't be a huge amount, but a dollar is a dollar if it works. Dad says I'm playing with experienced hookers and they'll just leave me a hotel bill and herpes.

He didn't buy tesla in march when I told him to either, so... :-)
:-)

One thing I will say on the supply side, is my buddy is the CEO of the coop here and he told me a couple months ago there might be a play in basis (on the sales side) because OUT HERE supply is looking to get tight.

Now, I'm a long way from you and I'm certain our dynamics are entirely different, but that would be the herpes side of this thing if you get tagged with tight supply and have to supplement with something else.

The hotel bill is the part that if you sell now and the runup isn't done, then you're replacing with higher dollar corn.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:40 AM 01-13-2021

I'm reading this post like a New Guinea villager reading a smartphone manual.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:58 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Doob02:
I second that on FCEL.

I am at 58% up.

I am debating if it can continue its growth or I should stop loss.
I put a stop loss on yesterday. Looks like it could execute this morning.
[Reply]
Doob02 07:06 AM 01-14-2021
I had that same thought and should have when it was where it was.

But for now I am just going to hold for the long haul.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:27 AM 01-14-2021
Grabbed 50 more NNDM while it pulled back 10%. They keep diluting as share price increases. ARK is scooping them up . I think there's lots of potential.

I need more cash. Anybody got any extra they don't want????
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:30 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I put a stop loss on yesterday. Looks like it could execute this morning.
When you see that sector all red, Thats not a time to sell. People are taking profit. When you see an individual stock within a sector red big time thats a red flag.

Stop losses have pissed me off . I'm using 15% now.
[Reply]
Page 446 of 934
« First < 346396436442443444445446 447448449450456496546 > Last »
Up