ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 19
« First < 71314151617 1819 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you own an Electric car or plan to buy one
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:14 PM 02-17-2021
I plan to get one in the future, what are your plans?

If so what are your pluses or minuses ?
[Reply]
TimBone 12:37 AM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Avalanche 2.0 was a mistake imo.

I wonder what the range is while towing. That what will be the big one for me.
That's the big question for me. I don't care about the sheek look.

And I think most folks arguing every point against the truck are likely doing it out of instinct against electric vehicles.

Still, show me the range while towing and some consistency, and Im way in on this.
[Reply]
eDave 01:44 AM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
We picked up our Audi E-Tron GT on Monday. It took almost 9 months from when we ordered it to showing up at the dealership. The quality is outstanding but it should be for the price. Just a fantastic car. Scary fast.
This is awesome as I've been thinking an Audi is my next. They say there's a certain type of person that drives an Audi.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:59 AM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Damn. If they can actually meet these specs, I might have to consider a truck...

GM is the last fucking brand I'm looking at for an EV... or any other vehicle for that matter.
[Reply]
R Clark 07:17 AM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
GM is the last fucking brand I'm looking at for an EV... or any other vehicle for that matter.
Opinions are like assholes everyone’s got one and some are bigger than others
[Reply]
bsp4444 07:46 AM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by ping2000:
Seems like it causes a lot of environmental damage to mine the minerals required for battery production, still requires burning fossil fuels to create electricity, and what happens to the batteries when they are spent? Just doesn't seem worth it yet.
https://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/el...le-myths#Myth1

FACT: Electric vehicles typically have a smaller carbon footprint than gasoline cars, even when accounting for the electricity used for charging.

Electric vehicles (EVs) have no tailpipe emissions. Generating the electricity used to charge EVs, however, may create carbon pollution. The amount varies widely based on how local power is generated, e.g., using coal or natural gas, which emit carbon pollution, versus renewable resources like wind or solar, which do not. Even accounting for these electricity emissions, research shows that an EV is typically responsible for lower levels of greenhouse gases (GHGs) than an average new gasoline car. To the extent that more renewable energy sources like wind and solar are used to generate electricity, the total GHGs associated with EVs could be even lower. Learn more about electricity production in your area.

EPA and DOE’s Beyond Tailpipe Emissions Calculator can help you estimate the greenhouse gas emissions associated with charging and driving an EV or a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) where you live. You can select an EV or PHEV model and type in your zip code to see the CO2 emissions and how they stack up against those associated with a gasoline car.
[Reply]
notorious 08:02 AM 01-06-2022
Why in the blue fuck do I want access to the pickup bed through the cab?

Sounds like a dust and moisture disaster.
[Reply]
kstater 08:13 AM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by stevieray:
S105k?

:-)

Have you priced new trucks lately?
[Reply]
notorious 08:37 AM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by kstater:
Have you priced new trucks lately?
No kidding, my current truck stickered at 77 summer of last year. They came down considerably, but good lord.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 08:54 AM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
Why in the blue **** do I want access to the pickup bed through the cab?

Sounds like a dust and moisture disaster.
My 2005 Avalanche allows you to do that and it came in handy on many occasions. Of course the Avalanche had a shorter bed on it than a standard truck but being able to lie things flat in the bed vs. having to tie things down is nice.
The downside is the road noise is loud. You wouldn't want to do this for a very long trip.
[Reply]
notorious 08:58 AM 01-06-2022
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
My 2005 Avalanche allows you to do that and it came in handy on many occasions. Of course the Avalanche had a shorter bed on it than a standard truck but being able to lie things flat in the bed vs. having to tie things down is nice.
The downside is the road noise is loud. You wouldn't want to do this for a very long trip.
I live in dust county, along with common 30+ mph wind.

Any nook or crevice is a weak point. The pickup bed is also used for real work, not hauling a couple 2x4s for a weekend warrior project.

I’m still pissed they removed the manual handle for the tailgate. Dust gets in there and it doesn’t open half the time.
[Reply]
notorious 08:59 AM 01-06-2022
If GM would like to test their vehicles in a true work environment Bueh and I are open to it.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:08 AM 01-06-2022
As long as I can lay a 4x8 sheet flat I’m good. Anything longer and I’ll just put it over the tailgate or lay the tailgate down.

I also think for now a lot of the people interested in the electric truck would be like me, suburban living and not all that concerned with huge towing and distance. So with that your cab probably has car seats or other random kids stuff and there is basically zero chance I would ever lay those seats down. It would be a huge hassle to use and not a selling point at all.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:10 AM 01-06-2022
If GM would like to test their vehicles in a true work environment Bueh and I are open to it.
I'd be down.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 09:13 AM 01-06-2022

Any nook or crevice is a weak point. The pickup bed is also used for real work, not hauling a couple 2x4s for a weekend warrior project.

I’m still pissed they removed the manual handle for the tailgate. Dust gets in there and it doesn’t open half the time.
Oh I understand completely. I'm always cleaning oak leaves and junk out of the bed rails on my Avalanche.
While I might not be a construction guy doing "real work" with my Avalanche, I will tell you it has hauled plenty of roofing material, sheetrock, lumber etc over its lifetime.
Not many complaints on it either, except at 280,000 miles, I finally need to be looking for a new truck.
[Reply]
MagicHef 09:14 AM 01-06-2022

They did what? Is it an electric only tailgate?
[Reply]
Page 17 of 19
« First < 71314151617 1819 >
Up