ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Cap Space for 2020
BryanBusby 11:47 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I love it when people want to save 5M by cutting an Olineman only for us to have to turnaround and spend at least that amount on a competent replacement.
That goes without saying that trying to replace multiple starters at once usually leads to problems with the whole unit.

I think they are ok at the tackle spots, liked what I saw from Rankin and think he should get a real crack at the starting LG spot in 2020 and Ldt is fine when he isn't a broke dick. I think if I were going to make a change on the line, it would be at Center.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:57 AM 11-13-2019
Watkins is gone in 2020.
If there is a new CBA....you can June 1st cut Hitchens in 2020.
And you can June 1st cut Clark in 2021.

The dead cap hits suck but at least they’re gone. Although if all three of those happen....it won’t be Veach making those decisions.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:05 AM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Watkins is gone in 2020.
If there is a new CBA....you can June 1st cut Hitchens in 2020.
And you can June 1st cut Clark in 2021.

The dead cap hits suck but at least they’re gone. Although if all three of those happen....it won’t be Veach making those decisions.
I don't think you can June 1 Clark in 2021, not based on what I've read.

From what I've seen, his 2021 salary is fully guaranteed on the 3rd day of the league year in 2020. So in that case you're paying him $18.5 million base either way in 2021 and see no cap savings.

Unless you just rip the band-aid off and cut his ass this offseason. But if you do that, you fire Veach at the same time and frankly with the $38 million in dead money it creates, I don't think it's even possible.

Veach fucked that acquisition up so badly. What the hell was he doing effectively guaranteeing 3 years/$63 million to this goddamn guy?

The only hope I have is that the contract sites have it wrong and the 2021 salary doesn't guarantee until the 3rd day of 2021. If they really created a contract that made him impossible to cut in 2020 AND guaranteed his salary for 2021 within that same 2020 window...Jesus.

What an absolute idiot.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:53 PM 11-13-2019
Ideally..

Trade Sammy for a 3rd. Use said 3rd on a WR

I started scouting in 2003. This upcoming WR class is the best I've ever seen.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) November 13, 2019

[Reply]
Chargem 01:34 AM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Ideally..

Trade Sammy for a 3rd. Use said 3rd on a WR

If the draft class looks amazing why would anyone give a 3 for Sammy, and not use their own 3 to get a WR?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:46 AM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
If the draft class looks amazing why would anyone give a 3 for Sammy, and not use their own 3 to get a WR?
Look at how many dumb GMs there are in the league. All it takes is one to think that Watkins is that WR1 that they’re looking for and his injury history is a fluke.

I don’t think we’ll get a 3rd for him. I’d say we’d be lucky to get a 4th and I’m cutting him if we can’t get anything at all.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:28 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Look at how many dumb GMs there are in the league. All it takes is one to think that Watkins is that WR1 that they’re looking for and his injury history is a fluke.

I don’t think we’ll get a 3rd for him. I’d say we’d be lucky to get a 4th and I’m cutting him if we can’t get anything at all.
Well the problem is that at least ONE of the GM's dumb enough to think he is a viable WR1 is off the table to make a deal with...

I mean apart from the guy that just keeps paying people for what he really hopes they'll become and not what history says they are, how many GMs out there have demonstrated a willingness to get burned by cock-teases like Sammy Watkins?

Unless Veach can find a way to clone himself and put the clone in charge of another team, we're gonna struggle to find a GM with the right combination of desperate and stupid to give us any real value for this spacey fuckstick at this point.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:56 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Well the problem is that at least ONE of the GM's dumb enough to think he is a viable WR1 is off the table to make a deal with...

I mean apart from the guy that just keeps paying people for what he really hopes they'll become and not what history says they are, how many GMs out there have demonstrated a willingness to get burned by cock-teases like Sammy Watkins?

Unless Veach can find a way to clone himself and put the clone in charge of another team, we're gonna struggle to find a GM with the right combination of desperate and stupid to give us any real value for this spacey ****stick at this point.
Dude stop. There are several GM’s that make moves like this all the time. FFS
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:14 AM 11-15-2019
Wisniewski is another viable on the Interior line. The kid is a technician and can block in space
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:25 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Wisniewski is another viable on the Interior line. The kid is a technician and can block in space
"kid"

30 years old with 100 career starts.

Don't get me wrong - I'd like to see him brought back on the right deal. But my memory is that he's had some durability/consistency issues in the past and that's why he was still out there as a street FA.

I think I remember a fair amount of conversation here when the Raiders signed him and many were high on him as a replacement for Hudson, IIRC. He's got some ability. But I think I really like him in this sort of "your job if you can take it from someone" role more than relying on him as a starter.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:34 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
"kid"

30 years old with 100 career starts.

Don't get me wrong - I'd like to see him brought back on the right deal. But my memory is that he's had some durability/consistency issues in the past and that's why he was still out there as a street FA.

I think I remember a fair amount of conversation here when the Raiders signed him and many were high on him as a replacement for Hudson, IIRC. He's got some ability. But I think I really like him in this sort of "your job if you can take it from someone" role more than relying on him as a starter.
I've said KC needs to get the best OL possible through all resources they can utilize.

I'm to the point that I'd be OK with an OG in the 1st round.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:36 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I've said KC needs to get the best OL possible through all resources they can utilize.

I'm to the point that I'd be OK with an OG in the 1st round.
No way in hell. It's gonna have to be CB or bust.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:31 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
No way in hell. It's gonna have to be CB or bust.
Protect the PMII investment at all costs, OL and RB should be the main priority this offseason.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:33 AM 11-15-2019
They can move Sammy for a pick. A lot of these teams about to draft a dumb young QB will want a vet like Sammy.
[Reply]
Chargem 04:29 AM 11-16-2019
After watching Jones literally wreck plays on his own for a couple of weeks, I keep thinking it wouldn't be the end of the world if Pat didn't want to sign an extension until the new CBA and that left enough cash to re-sign Jones now.

Hopefully that leaves enough cash to bring back Ogbah, get a cheap veteran CB on a Claiborne type deal and then look to draft CB, LB, OL in pretty much whatever falls to our picks BPA situation.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up