ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 245 of 324
« First < 145195235241242243244245 246247248249255295 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Marcellus 09:25 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
You can't beat elite QB's with the blitz. Occasional well timed blitzes, sure.

But that can't be where your pressure comes from.

How the hell did we get here guys? How did they ever think this front 4 was good enough? I'll never understand.
Well I mean we almost beat him with the blitz, it took remarkable plays against a rookie 4th round CB along with a little help from the refs to lose.

The OL and our tackles are the most to blame along with Mahomes making a couple bad decisions (he most likely wont repeat very often) for this loss IMO, to be bitching about the defense is asinine.
[Reply]
O.city 09:27 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Well I mean we almost beat him with the blitz, it took remarkable plays against a rookie 4th round CB along with a little help from the refs to lose.

The OL and our tackles are the most to blame along with Mahomes making a couple bad decisions (he most likely wont repeat very often) for this loss IMO, to be bitching about the defense is asinine.
It's not just this game. You can't be successful against elite QB's with the blitz consistently. The numbers bear it out.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:28 AM 10-20-2022

How the hell did we get here guys? How did they ever think this front 4 was good enough? I'll never understand.
Frank Clark is how we got here. Not investing serious resources into the defensive line is how we got here.

Yet here you are....pining for trading away picks for another DE that's going to need another contract.
[Reply]
JPH83 09:29 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Frank Clark is how we got here. Not investing serious resources into the defensive line is how we got here.

Yet here you are....pining for trading away picks for another DE that's going to need another contract.
Frank Clark WAS a serious investment of resource. It's been mismanaged resource as much as a lack of it.
[Reply]
O.city 09:30 AM 10-20-2022

That investment didn't work, so dont' do it again?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:32 AM 10-20-2022

Spags saw a catastrophic secondary full of old washed losers who gave up so he fixed it.

That same guy’s defense played an elite Buffalo team as well as they did either time last year.

So yeah it’s working. Not perfect but it’s a start
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:32 AM 10-20-2022
That investment didn't work, so dont' do it again?
That's not what I said....but every year you come to the same conclusion. Trade away our first round pick. At some point....you need cost controlled talent. Yes, that means that you have to scout it correctly and pick good players.
[Reply]
O.city 09:35 AM 10-20-2022
That's not what I said....but every year you come to the same conclusion. Trade away our first round pick. At some point....you need cost controlled talent. Yes, that means that you have to scout it correctly and pick good players.
So, just draft good players. It's worked great for the Packers, we should do it.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:35 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Now imagine we have McDuffie out there as opposed to Williams.

Those 2 TDs are probably a lot harder to come by.
I’m thinking next game vs the Bills you sit in cover 2. Pretty much what defenses did to us last year. Make them be patient and clamp down in the red zone.

Have McDuffie and Sneed on Diggs/Davis and blitz 6 while having one safety help on one of Diggs/Davis.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:36 AM 10-20-2022
So, just draft good players. It's worked great for the Packers, we should do it.
I hate you.
[Reply]
O.city 09:37 AM 10-20-2022
I hate you.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:37 AM 10-20-2022
It's a work in progress.

I've said it a dozen times at least: This team is not yet what it will be in December and January.

The increase in team speed on defense is startling. They're YOUNG, and inexperienced, and that will show up sometimes. I think it's worth the risk. And they'll get better every week, along with getting key guys back, like Gay and McDuffie.

As for the DL-yeah. I expected Veach to go hard THERE in the draft more than the secondary, but I suppose value and staying true to their board won out. Furious George will continue to improve, and Dunlap's been...underwhelming so far. Clark is same old Clark, unfortunately.

I dunno. But I'd about bet the house this ends up being a top 16 defense by the end of the season, even with the front four issues.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 09:38 AM 10-20-2022
How did we get here on the DL?

Overspent on Clark.
Probably should have kept Ogbah and Ingram.

Kaindoh was a completely blown draft pick.

Danna is injured.

Outside of week 1, Karlaftis has been meh.

Best we can hope for is Danna returns and is effective, Clark can string together 1, or heaven forbid 2, good quarters per game and Karlaftis plays like week 1 for the rest of the season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:16 AM 10-20-2022
The Packers haven't drafted enough good players. Try again.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:45 PM 10-23-2022
46-sack pace

they had 45 sacks in 2019
[Reply]
Page 245 of 324
« First < 145195235241242243244245 246247248249255295 > Last »
Up