ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 19
« First < 51112131415 16171819 >
Media Center>New Star Wars TV & Film Repository
DaneMcCloud 09:39 PM 06-26-2021
I don't know how many of you guys are watching Bad Batch but last night's episode finally made the series relevant, which could have a major impact in the post-RotJ Star Wars lore, including the Book of Boba Fett, The Mandalorian and who knows what else.

It's a bummer that it took nine episodes to make watching it worthwhile, but I guess that's better than Resistance, which was awful from the start, so much so I stopped watching after 4 episodes.

For those of you not watching, I'll put the highlight in a spoiler tag.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 11:23 AM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't know how many of you guys are watching Bad Batch but last night's episode finally made the series relevant, which could have a major impact in the post-RotJ Star Wars lore, including the Book of Boba Fett, The Mandalorian and who knows what else.

It's a bummer that it took nine episodes to make watching it worthwhile, but I guess that's better than Resistance, which was awful from the start, so much so I stopped watching after 4 episodes.

Spoiler!
I've enjoyed Bad Batch for what it's been to this point - mostly nostalgia. But you're right, that was a big reveal and makes the show relevant going forward with the lore.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:41 AM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I've enjoyed Bad Batch for what it's been to this point - mostly nostalgia. But you're right, that was a big reveal and makes the show relevant going forward with the lore.
It's almost as if Bad Batch is a prequel to The Book of Boba Fett.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:13 PM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
What I really appreciate about Bad Batch is how nicely it's wrapping up The Clone Wars and expanding the lore.

They got really creative with it. It's just interesting to watch. I mean, meeting Captain Rex in a Republic cruiser graveyard? WOW.

And the abandoned cloning facility. Man, that could go anywhere. At first I thought it was going to be what eventually becomes Bespin.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:34 PM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
What I really appreciate about Bad Batch is how nicely it's wrapping up The Clone Wars and expanding the lore.

They got really creative with it. It's just interesting to watch. I mean, meeting Captain Rex in a Republic cruiser graveyard? WOW.

And the abandoned cloning facility. Man, that could go anywhere. At first I thought it was going to be what eventually becomes Bespin.
I thought that was going to be a precursor to Snoke when I saw it.

And yeah, great touch with Rex. Also, I probably enjoyed the Moochie episode more than I should have, lol.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:32 PM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Spoiler!
Can I watch just this episode without having to suffer through the rest? My son and I bailed after the first two.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:35 PM 06-28-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Can I watch just this episode without having to suffer through the rest? My son and I bailed after the first two.
Probably. There's a little bit of stuff that goes on that leads up to that episode, but you'll catch up quickly.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:12 PM 06-27-2021
This is cool...

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:35 PM 06-28-2021
I just hope they abandon any stupid Snoke ideas.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:49 PM 06-28-2021
I just hope they abandon any stupid Snoke ideas.
This is a series about clones protecting another clone while cloning experiments are continuing.

It's also been revealed in the comics that Sidious started work on the Final Order fleet almost immediately after he created The Empire, which almost certainly means that he ordered his scientists to create clone bodies to transfer his consciousness at that time as well.

Like it or not, Snoke and the return of Sidious are canon and it appears as if Lucasfilm is doing everything they can to fill in that backstory.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:39 PM 06-28-2021
It's also great to see Cade Bane again.

Can we roll in Hondo :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:51 PM 06-28-2021
It's also great to see Cade Bane again.

Can we roll in Hondo :-)
I won't be surprised if Hondo shows up at at some point in this particular series but I really want to see the live-action version of Hondo in one of the upcoming series.

The robotic Hondo at the Millennium Falcon ride is awesome.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:26 AM 07-26-2021

BREAKING: Live-action Ezra Bridger and Grand Admiral Thrawn have been cast:

Mena Massoud as Ezra
Lars Mikkelsen as Thrawn

(@LRM_Exclusive) pic.twitter.com/kFXbZcyb8B

— Star Wars Stuff (@starwarstuff2) July 23, 2021

[Reply]
bowener 03:42 PM 07-26-2021
Fuck yes they didn't fuck up Thrawn. I assumed they would cast him, but you never know!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:26 AM 08-04-2021
My 2022 summer vacation is right on track.

‘We’re Gonna Save the Galaxy’: Check out the first commercial for Star Wars: #GalacticStarcruiser, opening in spring 2022 at @WaltDisneyWorld Resort. �� Then, head over to the Disney Parks Blog for a closer look: https://t.co/gpFLknPdmS pic.twitter.com/3NOYKfqnLM

— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) August 4, 2021

[Reply]
Page 15 of 19
« First < 51112131415 16171819 >
Up