Media Center>Cyberpunk 2077
Pants 08:18 PM 06-10-2018

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:24 PM 01-18-2021
No
[Reply]
eDave 04:26 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Yes I'm hoping for a huge open world fun fest but sounds like it's not even as good AI wise as say GTA San Andreas. Is the open world any fun?
Those playing it are having great time, regardless of the shittery. Other are pointing out the limited stuff to do compared to earlier games.
[Reply]
Pants 10:59 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Man, that The Hunt mission is something else.

Spoiler!
Just did this. Wow.
[Reply]
Pants 11:08 PM 01-18-2021
Yes I'm hoping for a huge open world fun fest but sounds like it's not even as good AI wise as say GTA San Andreas. Is the open world any fun?
I'm pretty sure you're a PC player so it's not necessarily a broken mess.

Open world is full of repetitive mission types where you can get gear, experience, and money. Some of them end up being gems with awesome sequences and really memorable stories, Easter eggs, references, homages, etc.

I like doing the open world missions because I personally like the combat on the hard difficulty. Although if you want, you can easily reach an OP god-like status as if you were playing a Bethesda game pretty quickly. Cyberpunk is super easy to cheese with poorly balanced skills and systems.

If you're looking for some sort of meaningful NPC behavior and interaction, there is none. Like zero.

The game truly shines with cool quests, stories, animations and acting. Also, the attention to detail is unparalleled. Like getting inside a car and just seeing how much attention they put into those interiors is astounding. The game is chock full of stuff like that.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:27 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
I'm pretty sure you're a PC player so it's not necessarily a broken mess.

Open world is full of repetitive mission types where you can get gear, experience, and money. Some of them end up being gems with awesome sequences and really memorable stories, Easter eggs, references, homages, etc.

I like doing the open world missions because I personally like the combat on the hard difficulty. Although if you want, you can easily reach an OP god-like status as if you were playing a Bethesda game pretty quickly. Cyberpunk is super easy to cheese with poorly balanced skills and systems.

If you're looking for some sort of meaningful NPC behavior and interaction, there is none. Like zero.

The game truly shines with cool quests, stories, animations and acting. Also, the attention to detail is unparalleled. Like getting inside a car and just seeing how much attention they put into those interiors is astounding. The game is chock full of stuff like that.
Sounds like something I would probably enjoy, I absolutely love the setting.
[Reply]
Pants 12:36 AM 01-19-2021
Sounds like something I would probably enjoy, I absolutely love the setting.
It's an awesome game, man. I can't recommend it enough.

While some aspects of it are laughably bad, overall I think your mind will be blown.

Like I'm playing through a super trippy quest right now involving a super wealthy politician couple that is just written so incredibly well... If I say any more and you ever end up playing the game, I would ruin it for you. So I won't. There are just so many of these stories. It's a ride you gotta take. :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:10 AM 01-19-2021
Just be sure to have the time to dedicate to playing it. To really enjoy yourself and the story the side missions are an absolute must.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 08:06 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Just be sure to have the time to dedicate to playing it. To really enjoy yourself and the story the side missions are an absolute must.
That's the thing I lead a busy life and what gaming I do my buds wanna play coop thangs. I will probably play on and off as it's the only way. I'm more of a play the NON main quest guys, I really enjoying taking in a huge open world with lots of fun things to do. Side missions will get done if the game pulls me in.
[Reply]
Pants 11:29 AM 01-20-2021
Anyone finish "Dream On" yet?

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bill Brasky 02:06 PM 01-21-2021
After 10-15 hours with it, I had WAY more fun with GTAV, RDR2, and Fallout 4 to a lesser extent. If you haven't played those, I'd check them out first.

I bought this on release for $50 and regret it. I'll wait 6-8 months for patches to smooth stuff out.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:37 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
After 10-15 hours with it, I had WAY more fun with GTAV, RDR2, and Fallout 4 to a lesser extent. If you haven't played those, I'd check them out first.

I bought this on release for $50 and regret it. I'll wait 6-8 months for patches to smooth stuff out.
GTA has bored me since probably vice city but yes ive played the other 2 quite a bit. I think it will take more than 6 to 8 months to "fix" this properly. Anthem reboot was over a year ago and no end in sight for even the first release of 2.0.

I believe the AAA games that are this big in scope are always going to have bugs and never live up to expectations. Open world games and having a huge amount of employees releasing games filled with bugs and such is just the norm as these projects are way bigger than ever now.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:53 PM 01-21-2021
Hopefully they balance some of the mechanics.
[Reply]
Pants 09:42 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:

I haven't played RDR2 yet but I have enjoyed Cyberpunk 2077 so much more than GTA 5 or Fallout 4. It's not the same genre as GTA 5, though, and is just completely a matter of taste as far as your preference goes, I think.

I like strong and memorable narratives in single player games as I tend to get bored with open worlds after the initial cool exploration phase. That phase doesn't last very long either.

While GTA 5 had excellent writing and acting, to me, it doesn't even come close to Cyberpunk's mission/quest design.

Also, it's going to be tough going back to the Bethesda NPC interactions after experiencing the Cyberpunk NPCs. The way the characters move and talk during the dialogue sequences in Cyberpunk is just so effortlessly realistic. I don't know how to describe it. You just completely buy it and it helps the immersion so much.
[Reply]
SuperChief 10:30 PM 01-21-2021
When does the big patch come out?
[Reply]
Fish 10:33 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
When does the big patch come out?
Here's the rough roadmap CD Projekt Red has laid out for updates to Cyberpunk 2077:

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-20...s-patch-notes/
[Reply]
Page 29 of 32
« First < 192526272829 303132 >
Up